sudden issues with x5 z8350 atom playback

Lee

Guest asrequested

battery had died on my mousepad.. that's why I couldn't choose another refresh rate... 23hz sorted it..

frame rate switching not working???

What we've done here, is to circumvent the GPU needing to increase the frame rate, and and be under that heavy load. I'm willing to bet that if you switch back to 59 and watch your CPU usage, it will max it out.

Lee

That doesn't explain why it works natively in mpv tho does it?

Lee

I think this is related to this thread

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/47642-new-theater-user-with-some-questions/page-2&do=findComment&comment=451124

The issue is very similar and share the same solution.

I said it was terribly slow at start up and thru menus also.. I think you're right @

Can I get a copy of that electron u have see if it resolves my issues?

Guest asrequested

That doesn't explain why it works natively in mpv tho does it?

I think electron is involved in what is happening. Mpv standalone obviously doesn't use electron.

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

Lee

I'm going to try that portable version of emby see if it works..

Guest asrequested

I'm unable to provide a link, right now. I copied mine from and older version, pre-mpv

doofus could you help him capture mpv logging from both standalone mpv as well as embedded with in the app? thanks !

Guest asrequested

doofus could you help him capture mpv logging from both standalone mpv as well as embedded with in the app? thanks !

Yeah, I was thinking about that. It'll have to wait until tonight, though. I'm not able to dig into this, right now.

Guest asrequested

One thing though, @@Luke, they both report the same juddering/slow responding UI. That isn't going to be in the mpv log. When we resolve the UI issue, playback is also resolved. I'm not sure the mpv logs are going to show much, if anything. At GPU 23Hz, everything operates much better.

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

Lee

@@Luke the screen res appears over size and sharpness is not as good in other applications at 23hz

Guest asrequested

OK. So in a little bit, I'll get you setup for MPv logging, so Luke can compare what's happening.

Luke, I had Lee test with older electron, and there was improvement. Especially in the UI. Playback still not perfect, but we'll see what's happening in the logs

Lee

been out most the day, just got round to downloading the test version will report back asap

Lee

the ui is definitely better/quicker 

playback is a bit better too not as good as on the test build you sent me.

is intel quicksync going to be available at any point? perhaps that might help me???

i'm puzzled as to what happened after it was working fine a few builds ago though??? 

soooo frustrating

Guest asrequested

the ui is definitely better/quicker 

playback is a bit better too not as good as on the test build you sent me.

is intel quicksync going to be available at any point? perhaps that might help me???

i'm puzzled as to what happened after it was working fine a few builds ago though??? 

soooo frustrating

Ok so I'm going to help you with logging

Guest asrequested

Here's the standalone. Audio pass-through, deinterlacing and auto copyback are enabled, too. In the mpv.conf, you'll need to change the drive location (in red) to where you've unzipped it.

log-file="E:\Downloads\mpv\portable_config\logs\log.txt"

For Theater, go to AppData\Roaming\mpv, make an mpv.conf file (make a text file and change .txt to .conf), and add

log-file="  your path to log file  "

Choose a different location. When testing, only test one file at a time. As soon as you test another file, the previous log file will be written over. Play a file, then post that log.

Edited by Doofus

Lee

@@Luke the old electron and the one in the emby test build both gave improvements.

i'll have to look at this tomorrow some time now.. 

Lee

1.7.1 is in the new test build that one and the one in doofus test build work better for me