Episodes heading missing from TV

pritch33

One2Go

This thread has some drama and I appeal to the devs to take their product were they like to see it's future. At the core of this missing episode drama I venture to say, is the method of how one obtains and watches their TV shows.

It looks like that at the heart of the matter is how does one determine what episodes are needed to be obtained and watched. I don't think that this is the scope of the Emby product because it started as a "Media Browser" which to me means a program that sorts through your media collection and presents it in a pleasing manner, not something that keeps track of what is missing in your collection. If the devs decide to implement such a function or not, leave it to them how to implement or scratch it. I do agree with the comment that bullying was employed in this thread and I really don't think that this is appropriate for the guys who regard Emby as a child of their passion.

There are many other ways to keep track of your shows, earlier on I offered one suggestion that was treated with a dismissive comment. I follow 84 TV shows and know at all times the status of every single episode of them and I do not spend a lot of time on it. So here again is the site http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ which keeps track of all my shows with when a season starts (Green), when episodes air, what new shows are being readied for release. I never have to ask or guess when episodes are available. Air date plus two days and the 720p Web-DLs are available.

Home page for the month of May airings. (Green start of season, Red end of season)

mFJibDwi.jpg

Profile showing a function for Unwatched episodes if you update them on the site.

W4fRSn30.jpg

If you don't like it find a program that does the auto download of TV shows for you because we surely are not talking here about your own recorded shows because you would know that, since you have to set the schedule for that and if you want to go the Netflix or other streaming solution route, they keep track of what you watched. Looks to me some of us use Emby for a different function which is not the norm for others, let the devs decide what to implement and when and then there is always the feature request section.

Edited by One2Go

Zodler

Sorry I have to enable the "Missing Episode" filter to see missing episodes.

Strange. Are you sure? I go to reports. I choose Episodes. I click on Date Added to sort newest to oldest. Then I see all the episodes that I don't have + the ones I have, for example talks shows from today and goes back.

I see all the available and missing episodes together and the "Missing Episodes" filter is off. If I click on it, it only shows the missing episodes.

So there is no way that I can see only the available files.

Zodler

It is important to mention again that I do not use Episodes tab to track missing episodes. I do not have a use to find missing episodes. I use trakt.tv.

I use Episodes tab for Playback mainly and image editing.

It is especially for playback use that will make it greatly missing it if it is removed from mobile app.

Edited by Zodler

Coming up with a new place for it is taking more time than we would like right now, so yes, it is back, although it will move later once time allows.

Thanks a lot for that. I am looking forward for where it will move

Zodler

Developers, do you gather statistics what tabs users are using? If not, you could run a poll and ask which tabs they use.

Is Episodes really not used that much? Because for example I never use Suggestions, Upcoming, Genres and Networks. I actually don't see how Upcoming could be useful in any case or how people could use suggestions.

Edited by Zodler

Happy2Play

Developers, do you gather statistics what tabs users are using? If not, you could run a poll and ask which tabs they use.

Is Episodes really not used that much? Because for example I never use Suggestions, Upcoming, Genres and Networks. I actually don't see how Upcoming could be useful in any case or how people could use suggestions.

LOL

Upcoming lets you know went the next episode of the series that you watch is on.  Suggestions actually shows Next Up on episodes you have so you want to watch the next episode in The Big Bang Theory just go there and it is listed.  I don't have to filter anything in Suggestions or Latest and don't have to scroll thru 100 plus episodes of a unwatched series to get to the series I want.

I would guarantee more people use Genre then Episode (if you went by statistics).  Network could be a question mark but I know I use it occasionally for faster navigation to a series.

Edited by Happy2Play

Zodler

After I watch an episode, I delete it. So when you delete an episode, the next episode that you have to watch will no longer show in Suggestions. So there is no use for Suggestions if you delete episodes.

What is the point of upcoming when you do not have the episode and it is released later. Emby is a media player, I don't think it should play the role of an Internet site calendar. That is another role, another tool.

So if you ask me, I would say Episodes tab is much more important than the Upcomings tab.

I still have not heard why I see the missing episodes in Reports as you see in the image above.

Edited by Zodler

I still have not heard why I see the missing episodes in Reports as you see in the image above.

It's just a defect/oversight.

• Like 1

Zodler

Thanks, so It's not just me.

Never mind about Suggestions. I see that if I delete episodes, it still shows the next ones to watch.

Edited by Zodler

Happy2Play

M

My question would be what do you get if you checked the "Missing Episodes" filter?

I get 138 episodes without filter and 3510 episodes with filter applied on test machine.

Zodler

If I check the "Missing Episodes" filter, I see only the missing episodes which is correct.

When no filter is checked, I see missing episodes + available episodes which is again logical and correct.

We just need an extra check box that says available, if checked, it should show only the available files. No missing.

Zodler

Something must be wrong. When no filter, I see 922 episodes. When I check the Missing Episodes, it shows only 21 episodes. If you count the talk shows, it should show thousands and thousands of missing episodes. So I don't know why it shows only 21. Something doesn't make sense.

Happy2Play

Do you have both missing episode options enabled (per TV Library and per user)? User preferences and Per Library options

You can set the option of whether or not to download missing episodes in the library settings for each library.

Zodler

Ok, I went into each library and

"Display missing episodes within seasons"

is unchecked for each library.

So still strange that I get 21 missing episodes as it is seen in the picture above.

What I have figured out is that it seems it shows the missing episode for the last 2 days only.

Edited by Zodler

Happy2Play

If you haven't done a library scan with the option enabled per library you will not see all missing episodes.  Not sure if this really applies to watched and deleted episodes as they would have information in the database.

Zodler

I do not want to see any missing episodes.

My problem is that I see 21 missing episodes. I do not want them.

"Display missing episodes within seasons" is unchecked in every library.

Edited by Zodler

Happy2Play

There is no way to block Upcoming Episodes which becoming missing the day they air.

Zodler

It would be logical not to see them. If it's a bug, it will be fixed in the future I suppose.

But if it is intended for them to appear, there should be a checkbox filter to not see them.

But Luke said it's a defect, so I suppose it will be removed.

Edited by Zodler

Happy2Play

Everyone that watches the episodes on tonight and to see what is on throughout the week.

I would almost guarantee more people use Upcoming over Episodes.

Edited by Happy2Play