Episodes heading missing from TV

pritch33

Happy2Play

@@Luke the "missing", "unaired" overlays need to be brought back and all the issues can be don't by clicking on the series/season.  As long as they had the per TV library setting "Display missing episodes within seasons"  and user setting enabled "Display missing episodes within seasons" optional "Display unaired episodes within seasons".

Zodler

Another example. I do not keep all the files forever. I suspect this is the same case for everyone. I watch many talk shows. For example after I have seen 6-7 episodes, it is time to delete the seen episodes.

I go to the episodes tab and filter by Played. Then I see what episodes I have seen and then I delete them.

Maybe Emby has a feature to automatically delete seen files but I do not want that. I want to go manually and delete the seen episodes by hand.

• Like 1

Yes, we're going to make the apps consistent. That's why I'm trying to work with you to find the right place to relocate it to.

One2Go

Looks like that different people have different ways to keep up with their TV shows. I know at all times what the latest episode is that I have watched, because in EMC there is a tick mark on the episode and in the recently added section on the EHS it shows what show has been added most recently, click on it and you are in the season section of set particular show.

To keep track of my TV shows I go to this website http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ and know when what has been aired and when to expect the next episode so I know when to expect what. Never had a need to see all the latest episodes, because if I have a choice I watch from most favorite to least favorite. But to each his own and I respect other choices to get a fix by watching something.

Zodler

That makes no sense that site. I know what is next. I already have the episodes on my drive. Episodes tab just gives an easy access. Imagine you have 8 new episodes from 8 different shows. It is not easy to remember which show you should watch.

With the episodes tab, you see all the last 8 episodes and you watch them.

For everyday usage I have gone back to Version 3.2.13.0 and disabled updates.

Me too, I have downgrade to 3.2.13.0 and hold the corresponding package to prevent updates.

That's why I'm trying to work with you to find the right place to relocate it to.

I do not really care from where the episodes page is accessible as long it is easy to access it, since I use it daily . Maybe you could only activate the tab base on an option in the user preferences ?

• Like 1

One2Go

That makes no sense that site. I know what is next. I already have the episodes on my drive. Episodes tab just gives an easy access. Imagine you have 8 new episodes from 8 different shows. It is not easy to remember which show you should watch.

As I said on my Home Screen under TV shows I have a part called recently added. On the bottom you see all the TV shows that were added with the most recent once o the older ones. Click on that icon and I am at the season level one more click and I am at the episode I want to watch.

6ZIRYBwP.jpg

Happy2Play

Only way the episode tab would work is if I had 8-10 episodes, but having 38,000+ episodes makes that tab useless.  Next-up or Latest is the only way to manage large amounts of episodes or lots of series.

Zodler

Me too, I have downgrade to 3.2.13.0 and hold the corresponding package to prevent updates.

I do not really care from where the episodes page is accessible as long it is easy to access it, since I use it daily . Maybe you could only activate the tab base on an option in the user preferences ?

This. I agree with this. Again, the episodes tab is very essential like the recently added episodes in Kodi. If you do not want to show it for whatever reason, give an option where we can enable it.

Zodler

Only way the episode tab would work is if I had 8-10 episodes, but having 38,000+ episodes makes that tab useless.  Next-up or Latest is the only way to manage large amounts of episodes or lots of series.

It is absolutely not useless because we are using it. There are some weekly episodes. Not all shows come out all together. There are for example 7 shows a week that I watch and they give a new episode per week and it works like that.

Again it is not just about watching. It is also about deleting. Episodes tab helps and is essential for deleting watched episodes.

Zodler

As I said on my Home Screen under TV shows I have a part called recently added. On the bottom you see all the TV shows that were added with the most recent once o the older ones. Click on that icon and I am at the season level one more click and I am at the episode I want to watch.

6ZIRYBwP.jpg

This does not help at all. First, this is a screenshot of your kodi? I want server side access. I want a server interface with episodes tab inside a web browser, not kodi.

And I should not go inside a show to see episodes. A flat view is necessary to see all the episodes from all the shows in one page. No clicking and going inside.

Happy2Play

It is absolutely not useless because we are using it. There are some weekly episodes. Not all shows come out all together. There are for example 7 shows a week that I watch and they give a new episode per week and it works like that.

Again it is not just about watching. It is also about deleting. Episodes tab helps and is essential for deleting watched episodes.

And what does Next up or Latest do?  It does it of every episode you have.  Series /Season view gives you direct access to the exact same thing as episode also.  I would never use a manager to delete so to each there own.

Edited by Happy2Play

Cremby

+1 on adding this back. I used the "missing episodes" feature on a regular basis. Perhaps add it to a filter with "Upcoming Episodes".

Thanks

Happy2Play

+1 on adding this back. I used the "missing episodes" feature on a regular basis. Perhaps add it to a filter with "Upcoming Episodes".

Thanks

That makes no sense adding Upcoming when there are tabs on Home Screen and TV already.  I still don't see a use situation for Episodes that are not already covered in other tabs.

bfir3

I still don't see a use situation for Episodes that are not already covered in other tabs.

This is strange considering the amount of users who have explained why they use it. It would seem to me that there are several people who have great use for this kind of page, and I imagine the people who don't have use for it never minded that it was there.

Maybe it's easier to just tell users who liked the feature that was removed that they can still achieve what they want to achieve in different ways that are less efficient and involve many more clicks. But it's probably not hard to re-include a feature that was previously available and I guess maybe allow users who don't want it the option to turn it off if it's bothering them so much? I imagine for this feature to have been removed, there was at least some demand or some other reason for it to be removed. If there was no demand, what exactly is the reason to get rid of a feature that many users could be using? And without querying about it first, is it worth the risk of upsetting users who are already using the feature? I can't fathom that the people who don't use the feature would be so adamant on seeing it removed because it was bothering them.

All that to say, you claim that it doesn't really matter because this use situation is covered in other tabs already. Is that true? The way these users seem to have used the Episodes page is as follows:

1. Browse a list of ALL episodes for ALL shows

2. See exactly which episodes are missing across ALL shows

3. See exactly which episodes have been watched and could be deleted across ALL shows

Which page allows them to achieve that without the old Episodes page?

• Like 1

One2Go

This does not help at all. First, this is a screenshot of your kodi? I want server side access. I want a server interface with episodes tab inside a web browser, not kodi.

And I should not go inside a show to see episodes. A flat view is necessary to see all the episodes from all the shows in one page. No clicking and going inside.

From your posts containing words like "should have", "want" and option those are things for customization or personalization, if you want that you have to write your own solution. The team here provides a solution for a vast audience.

For example I have no use for a server side solution and a web app. I have my media servers in one room and want to look at a 136" screen in a home theater having a 10 foot remote to control my playback device.

Having 4000 TV episodes your solution makes no sense for me. I am not running KODI this is EMC with the Throgsoft themes you may want to broaden your horizon of what EMBY offers. So you see we all have our viewing preferences you have to adapt or stay with the last server that offered the feature you want. The EMBY team has to think about other viewing preferences that their additional customers want.

Happy2Play

This is strange considering the amount of users who have explained why they use it. It would seem to me that there are several people who have great use for this kind of page, and I imagine the people who don't have use for it never minded that it was there.

Maybe it's easier to just tell users who liked the feature that was removed that they can still achieve what they want to achieve in different ways that are less efficient and involve many more clicks. But it's probably not hard to re-include a feature that was previously available and I guess maybe allow users who don't want it the option to turn it off if it's bothering them so much? I imagine for this feature to have been removed, there was at least some demand or some other reason for it to be removed. If there was no demand, what exactly is the reason to get rid of a feature that many users could be using? And without querying about it first, is it worth the risk of upsetting users who are already using the feature? I can't fathom that the people who don't use the feature would be so adamant on seeing it removed because it was bothering them.

All that to say, you claim that it doesn't really matter because this use situation is covered in other tabs already. Is that true? The way these users seem to have used the Episodes page is as follows:

1. Browse a list of ALL episodes for ALL shows

2. See exactly which episodes are missing across ALL shows

3. See exactly which episodes have been watched and could be deleted across ALL shows

Which page allows them to achieve that without the old Episodes page?

Seeing a total of what five people and the only situation that stands out is maybe Missing episode for all series, but you can do that per series in every show.  But to me that is rather tedious with almost 700 show.  It takes a lot more click to achieve these option using episode then going to series/season.

It is still more practical selecting the Show for options 2 and 3 but that is my preference.

Edited by Happy2Play

bfir3

Seeing a total of what five people and the only situation that stands out is maybe Missing episode for all series, but you can do that per series in every show.  But to me that is rather tedious with almost 700 show.  It takes a lot more click to achieve these option using episode then going to series/season.

It is still more practical selecting the Show for options 2 and 3 but that is my preference.

How do you know before clicking on the Show if it has missing episodes or episodes that are watched that could be deleted? Or are you suggesting that these users click on each one of their 700 shows to see if there's a missing episode or watched episode that they could delete?

If five people total have complained on these forums since the change (which was quite recent), then that's five people more than the people who posted requesting the feature be removed, correct?

• Like 1

Happy2Play

As everyone say no one likes change.  But it will always happen and not everyone will like it as these forums show.  I am just saying with Episodes view no longer available right now you still can do the exact same thing a different way. :D

requesting the feature be removed, correct?

What percentage of changes do you actually think comes from user request?  The majority come from the developer for the direction the program is going (uniformity across clients as already stated).

Edited by Happy2Play

bfir3

As everyone say no one likes change.  But it will always happen and not everyone will like it as these forums show.  I am just saying with Episodes view no longer available right now you still can do the exact same thing a different way. :D

So it does involve clicking on every single show in the user's entire library to find the missing episodes, correct?

What percentage of changes do you actually think comes from user request?  The majority come from the developer for the direction the program is going (uniformity across clients as already stated).

Yes, this is understandable. However, I think it may be advisable when cutting out entire sections of the app that have been there for years to consult with your userbase about it. Or at least offer some insight into why the feature was removed?

Edited by bfir3

Happy2Play

So it does involve clicking on every single show in the user's entire library to find the missing episodes, correct?

Not like you are going to get every missing episode at once right?

Yes, this is understandable. However, I think it may be advisable when cutting out entire sections of the app that have been there for years to consult with your userbase about it. Or at least offer some insight into why the feature was removed?

Well I guess that comes down to what client you use as there are clients that have never had this option.

Zodler

And what does Next up or Latest do?  It does it of every episode you have.  Series /Season view gives you direct access to the exact same thing as episode also.  I would never use a manager to delete so to each there own.

Both are useless. Latest does not show episodes. Next up is also useless.

Zodler

That makes no sense adding Upcoming when there are tabs on Home Screen and TV already.  I still don't see a use situation for Episodes that are not already covered in other tabs.

You are not listening at all.