Episodes heading missing from TV

pritch33

Zodler

This discussion is really painful and ridiculous. It is so obvious. It is like I have to explain why Earth is not flat. I'm seriously considering going back to Plex. Again if you want to make the software easy and beautiful and dumb it down, there has always been Plex and it is more beautiful and easier. I might as well go back to Plex. I'm going to install the new Plex and I bet you that it should have a way to see all the episodes in one page.

arrbee99

Personally I've never seen the point of having a tab where you can see all the (thousands of) episodes you have all on one page - I've looked at it before it was removed and thought why ?

Then I think, as people obviously use it and find it useful and don't like it removed and want it back I wonder, whats the point of removing it ?

Why does everything have to be standardized - so what if its only in the web interface. Why are people being encouraged to write themes if everything has to be standardized, or are we talking about functional vs visual standardization ?

One2Go

/on soapbox

Let me first get to the point of standardization. I lean more towards the individual themes with options. Standardization makes sense for me in the OS where you have a certain standard to meet so that people know that across all applications certain standards are met, whether it is keyboard commands, menu bar layout or basic functionality. But this solution is different, it is where people share their way of managing and viewing their media content, therefore by all means I would like to see themes, creativity and individuals come up with ideas and ways to make the whole entertainment thingy more of a pleasant experience.

Now from this discussion It is obvious that we we are watching our TV episodes in a very different fashion or method. I have a HP micro server with 20TB space for my TV shows, documentaries and sports events. When episodes are released they will be transferred to the server and become available for viewing. When a show like Peron of Interest has finished I delete the show, 186GB of space freed up.

I used to keep up with current seasons and running episodes but that has become too time consuming for me, I track them now by seasons. In addition I binge watch now more often and for that type of viewing method the episode tab is useless. For example I am waiting for Suits season 6 to be released on Blu-ray when it does, all season 6 episodes plus the extras get transferred on my server and I binge watch the whole season. Less time spent plus the story arc makes more sense, "no previously on" portion and I watch it at a time when I want to and can. No need for the water cooler discussion here.

@@Zodler in your viewing world you have established a preference of viewing, guess what I don't share your preference, I want a home theater experience with my screen adjusted to the native frame per second rate that the film or video clip was recorded in. I want to have my screen set to 23.976 fps and not the standard 59.96 fps that the PC monitor is set at. I don't want jitters, I don't want dropped frames, this can not be established in your viewing environment from a server side solution. If you were happy with Plex, which I also have for my friends that I share my content with, then stay with it, don't try to convince others that your method of viewing TV shows is the standard and deserves implementation. As already said the developers are choosing the path for the future of Emby, your choice is to stay with the version that meets your approval or find a product that does.

/off soapbox

Edited by One2Go

+1 on adding this back. I used the "missing episodes" feature on a regular basis. Perhaps add it to a filter with "Upcoming Episodes".

Yes, this could make sense. Using essentially the "missing episode" feature of the episode tab, this feature could be move to the upcoming tab. Both could be see (upcoming and missing episodes) as "what will I have to retrieve" (now: missing episodes already broadcast, tomorrow: the episodes broadcast tomorrow, and so on…)

Ernst

I agree, I also used to look at missing episodes to estabish what i still needed to retrieve, missing (no pun intened) it dearly.

Please bring it back in some form.

mflix

Please bring back Episodes tab. It was the primary way that I interacted with emby. Rolling back util fixed. Latest Shows and All Episodes will never work on the same page, they are too different. Leave them separate. 

Leaving the Genre and Network tab is kicking me when I'm down and spitting in my eye.

Latest Shows will never be about episodes, and if you want next up suggestions to be used, fix them, don't force us to use it.

Edited by mflix

You are going to get the feature back, we're just looking for the best place to put it.

Zodler

I just installed and checked the latest Plex server. So even Plex server has an Episodes view where you can see all the episodes in one page. In Plex you have shows view and episodes view in the same place.

The episodes view should not be in a hidden awkward statistic page. It is a main important feature and it should be in the same place as the shows view. Please do not go lower than Plex. You can not be worse than Plex.

NANO SHELL

@Zodler 

I would just like to say that you have been super disrespectful in nearly every single one of your comments on here...You have resorted to ultimatum bullying tactics to get your own way as you view your usage to be the norm. @@Luke, @@ebr, @@Happy2Play and many other developers work very hard with new implementations, up keep maintenance AND also helping out the online community to ensure everybody loves the end product. It does not take a rocket scientist to see the amount of effort and passion that goes in to Emby. If you think Plex is that much better...then go use that. They stated many a time that they understand YOUR reasoning behind wanting this feature and have tried very patiently and calmly to help implement this for you. Disrespecting these guys about the direction they wish to take their passion because you dislike a feature is grotesque. 

Zodler

Nano, I am not disrespecting anyone. Read a little. I did not ask for them to implement anything for me. I did not ask for not even one line of extra code. All I am stating is that they do not remove, read again, do not remove something that already exists. All we are stating is that this thing that already exists, is a trivial universal feature that exists in all similar products and removing it is lowering the product quality and makes no sense.

Zodler

It might seem that few people use it but it is very important to those few. The analogy would be that there are very few people with disability compared to rest, should we remove the accessibility feature of stuff, places, software because there are few disabled people? If I wrote here several times is because removing the episodes is causing many problems to me and is a huge thing. Rest assured I do not enjoy being here or writing here or complain. If you search you will see I do not participate in any other topic, so if I'm here it means it's something major.

Edited by Zodler

NANO SHELL

"Guys this is seriously a huge mistake and your software is useless right now for me. You are forcing me to go back to PLEX. I prefer your software but this removal

is such a huge mistake that I have to go back to PLEX."

"This discussion is really painful and ridiculous. It is so obvious. It is like I have to explain why Earth is not flat. I'm seriously considering going back to Plex. Again if you want to make the software easy and beautiful and dumb it down, there has always been Plex and it is more beautiful and easier. I might as well go back to Plex. I'm going to install the new Plex and I bet you that it should have a way to see all the episodes in one page."

"I just installed and checked the latest Plex server. So even Plex server has an Episodes view where you can see all the episodes in one page. In Plex you have shows view and episodes view in the same place.

The episodes view should not be in a hidden awkward statistic page. It is a main important feature and it should be in the same place as the shows view. Please do not go lower than Plex. You can not be worse than Plex."

It is one thing to have an issue and say your piece on it, but you were using ultimatum bullying tactics to get devs to reverse their decision. I agree that it is a useful feature as I found this forum after needing the removed feature. Luke has stated that the feature will return, they just need time to implement it the correct way...This isn't a company like Netflix (personally I enjoy Emby more), a lot of implementaion would go through a trial and error phase...give it time and let them help you. Be patient.

Alles was ich sehe ist backpfeifengesicht.

• Like 1

Rowlett

@@Rowlett I think you will enjoy Reggi's stats plugin. I would give it a try.

@@Luke - where in the statistic's plugin does it show the missing episodes? certainly feeling it now not having episodes tab (really just missing episodes filter) :-( - thanks

I haven't used the plugin myself I've just seen users discussing it. The plugin actually does it better because it queries the metadata provider directly and stores the missing episode info in a separate and dedicated place. What makes this better is that it allows you to disable the server feature of importing missing episodes. The server setting will treat them like regular episodes, which will greatly increase the size of your library database and that will affect the overall performance of the system.

The server reports feature also has a filter for this which depends on you enabling the setting mentioned above.

Happy2Play

The plugin only does number/percentages missing, so you don't know what you are missing just how many you are missing.

Name	                 Started	       Watched	              Collected	        Score	    Status
Angry Birds Toons	   2013	             0 / 52 (0%)	    52 / 104 (50%)	 6.9	  Continuing
Edited by Happy2Play

e123enitan

I can't find missing episode not event in the report, I used to be able to filter for this and export into, now it GONE in addition to not been able to review missing episode header in the TV show.

COULD YOU PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! bring this back, I only update my TV shows once in two weeks, the only means of determining what I have missed is through episode, once would appreciate as function unless you are denied of it or missing.

COULD U PLEASE RETURN THIS FUNCTION which ever way, I just need to be able to generate missing episode somehow.

Edited by e123enitan

Happy2Play

I can't find missing episode not event in the report, I used to be able to filter for this and export into, now it GONE in addition to not been able to review missing episode header in the TV show.

COULD YOU PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! bring this back, I only update my TV shows once in two weeks, the only means of determining what I have missed is through episode, once would appreciate as function unless you are denied of it or missing.

COULD PLEASE RETURN THIS FUNCTION which ever way, I just need to be able to generate missing episode somehow.

Did you see post 64?  I have no issue making a missing episode report and sorting by specific view option and exporting to file.

Yea the reports feature just has a million checkboxes so that makes it a little harder to find. But you have to first use the 3-dot menu to open the slide out, then click the filter button.

e123enitan

The file

Did you see post 64?  I have no issue making a missing episode report and sorting by specific view option and exporting to file.

the last time I checked the report section there is no option to filter for missing episode, with was there in the last 2 update, I will take a look again.

Ok, Just run the filter, it looks good all the the variable to determine missing episodes are included in the report, in fact it has the episode #, previously missing.

Thanks Guys.

Edited by e123enitan

Zodler

To make something comparable in reports, it needs 2 things.

1- To see only the available episodes. Being able not to see the missing episodes.

2- A Grid View where you see the episode images.

Happy2Play

To make something comparable in reports, it needs 2 things.

1- To see only the available episodes. Being able not to see the missing episodes.

2- A Grid View where you see the episode images.

What are you referring to?  If you don't apply filter you are already looking at available episodes.  It is a report you get a list.

But don't work the Episode view is back for the hand full of users that use it (3.2.17.0).  Why use a media manager if all you want is everything on one flat page?  I still see no need to filter through 15,000+ episodes when all the other views already do everything without a filter.

Edited by Happy2Play

Coming up with a new place for it is taking more time than we would like right now, so yes, it is back, although it will move later once time allows.

• Like 1

Zodler

In the reports when you don't apply any filters you still get the missing episodes. We need an option to remove the missing episodes.

An option to see only the available files on hard drive. No missing episodes.

Thank you, I see it's back. Hope it's never removed.

Happy2Play

In the reports when you don't apply any filters you still get the missing episodes. We need an option to remove the missing episodes.

An option to see only the available files on hard drive. No missing episodes.

Thank you, I see it's back. Hope it's never removed.

Sorry I have to enable the "Missing Episode" filter to see missing episodes.