Episodes heading missing from TV

pritch33

pritch33

Hoping someone can help.

I seem to missing the episodes heading and cant check on missing episodes. Been about a week since I last used it so not sure when this happened.

Updated today to Version 3.2.14.0.

Thanks Ray

emby.bmp

Hi, we'll have to get missing episodes added to reports. We don't think the all episodes in library tab makes sense going forward. thanks !

pritch33

Thanks Luke

Agree other than its the easiest/only way to find missing episodes??? A report would be a better option but until that happens is there another way.

I am guessing I have around 20 plus different series to cath up on. The Wife wont be happy LOL

Thanks

Ray

The issue is that we are making consistency between apps a priority, so either the Episodes tab has to be added to every app, or it has to go. We really haven't seen any demand for it in other apps and that's part of the reason we chose to eliminate it. But adding it to reports makes a lot of sense.

in the meantime, the Statistics plugin by Reggi supports this right now, and it most likely will have other things you will enjoy:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/35266-new-statistics-plugin/?hl=statistics

Rowlett

it's the tab i use the most, infact daily - it lets me know what i've missed/missing - totally understand if the tab needs to go for consistency but certainly would be nice to easily see an overview of missing episodes rather than having to drill down into reports?

Maybe i'm just a minority

Thanks

it's the tab i use the most, infact daily - it lets me know what i've missed/missing - totally understand if the tab needs to go for consistency but certainly would be nice to easily see an overview of missing episodes rather than having to drill down into reports?

Thanks

@@Rowlett I think you will enjoy Reggi's stats plugin. I would give it a try.

Rowlett

Thanks

...could it maybe be added as a filter under tv shows? like unplayed?

Zodler

Hey, where the episodes tab has gone? It is very very important. It's the only tab I use the most. It is very important to have because I can see all the recently added episodes like that. I can not stress enough how important it is.

Zodler

I absolutely can not believe why you removed it. It should be available on all apps including the ios one.

Happy2Play

Hey, where the episodes tab has gone? It is very very important. It's the only tab I use the most. It is very important to have because I can see all the recently added episodes like that. I can not stress enough how important it is.

That is what the Suggestions/Next Up or Latest/Latest Episodes page is for.

Zodler

Not good. None of those do it. I do not want to see the upcoming episodes. I want to see only the episodes I have. Like for the talks shows, I don't have all the episodes of a talk show.

The latest tab does not work, because I want to see the latest episodes and not the latest shows. I want to see all the episodes in one page no matter from what show they are.

Guys this is seriously a huge mistake and your software is useless right now for me. You are forcing me to go back to PLEX. I prefer your software but this removal

is such a huge mistake that I have to go back to PLEX.

You have absolutely no idea how important it is. It is like removing an important sign/access point for the disabled or blind people and say not much people use it.

Edited by Zodler

@@Zodler, as happy2play is alluding to, I think this points to a shortcoming in the latest episodes feature and that is what we should look at improving so that it suits your needs.

Happy2Play

I guess I never saw the point of trying to display by episode when there were other pages that are 100x faster at getting the same results.

invertedknife

on this note, the tags for unaired/missing episodes are still not there. is this something that is coming back? Also i use the episodes tab often find missing episodes. a way to find missing episodes would be helpful. 

Zodler

Guys, there is not just one thing that you can do with the episodes tab. There are many filters and tags that you can use in the episodes tab.

You can do many many things that you can not do in other tabs. Most importantly you can see all the episodes from all the shows mixed together in one place.

I want to see all the episodes from different shows together in the order of added for example. This is absolutely a bad idea to remove such an important function.

This is like windows explorer removes sorting.

Guys, there is not just one thing that you can do with the episodes tab. There are many filters and tags that you can use in the episodes tab.

You can do many many things that you can not do in other tabs. Most importantly you can see all the episodes from all the shows mixed together in one place.

I want to see all the episodes from different shows together in the order of added for example. This is absolutely a bad idea to remove such an important function.

This is like windows explorer removes sorting.

I'm not opposed to bringing it back as a separate standalone page but we've chosen not to make it a tab in the TV section. There's just not enough demand and/or usage of it.

Zodler

I'm using Emby for 2 days without the episodes tab and it's honestly and frankly unusable for me.

Just a reminder that we switched from Plex to Emby to have more options, to be able to see and tweak more things.

If you remove features in order to make it easier, there is no need because there has always been Plex, it is super easy and beautiful, but we don't want that. We want more features not less.

I honestly can not work without episodes tab. Could someone please tell me where I can download the old version?

I want to go back to that old version and never update again until it is restored. I don't know where to get it here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/tag/3.2.14.0

I want the portable version.

It sounds to me like this needs to be in the metadata manager or other maintenance interface as a straight listing of all episodes is not very useful in a normal use scenario.  I can see how it is helping you in a maintenance capacity to manage episodes though.

Yea I agree with Ebr. @@Zodler If you'd like to work with us then we can definitely find a place for it.

Zodler

I don't know how I can help but I can give you very specific examples why it is needed.

1- You have a Talk Show section. There are many shows in it. For example 10 shows. Now you want to watch one new episode, you need to see all the new episodes in one page. You cannot go 10 times into each show to see what is the latest episodes, you need to see them all mixed in one page. This is a very normal everyday usage. Every media player has it. Look at Kodi. Kodi has a section recently added episodes where you see all the recently added episodes in one page.

2- When you add episodes, sometimes the episodes are so new that Emby does not download the episodes image from TVDB. This is especially true for daily talks shows. So you have to come back tomorrow to refresh the missing images. You need to see all the recently added episodes in one place to see the missing images.

There are more example but the best is this. Look at Kodi and Kodi has recently added episodes. It would actually be even greater if you could have one huge recently added episodes that can contain all the libraries.

It's not just about metadata, it is useful on playback. On my iphone I go to the Talk Show section and see all the recently added episodes and I can choose what episode to watch.

Zodler

I'm of course open to test whatever you want to try. For everyday usage I have gone back to Version 3.2.13.0 and disabled updates.

Please do not remove episodes from the IOS app. It's very essential.

Yea totally get it, but i think #1 is more that we need to improve the recent episodes feature. Everybody wins when we do that.

#2 means we will have to bring the entire screen back and that is fine, but just not as a tab because we don't really want to put this into every single app, and consistency is important to us now. A couple ideas I have are in the metadata manager as well as a More button next to recent episodes that brings you to the screen with the relevant filters pre-selected.

e123enitan

I used the report section to populate missing episodes exported to excel, but it's missing the episode #, could this be added as field, coz the description of the episode is good but not helpful in term of knowing exactly what need to be added without further research into the description.

Cheers!

I used the report section to populate missing episodes exported to excel, but it's missing the episode #, could this be added as field, coz the description of the episode is good but not helpful in term of knowing exactly what need to be added without further research into the description.

Cheers!

Certainly, yes.