Emby Theater - Navigate to Item Displayed During Emby "Screensaver" When Certain Key-Combo Pressed

funwithmedia

funwithmedia

This functionality may already exist, but if so I haven't been able to trigger it. I love the Emby Theater "Screensaver" -- it is a great way to be reminded of various titles in my library. :) It would be nifty if there were a key-combo that would take the user directly to item currently being displayed by the Emby Theater "Screensaver." It's fun seeing various items being displayed, but then it is a pain to have to go search for them!

I propose one of the following key-combos be used (these are from Keyboard and Remote Support):

1. control-d (which normally "shows menu or info for selected content").
  2. spacebar (which normally "toggles play/pause").
  3. Windows media "play" command.

There's pros and cons to each, but my thinking is we should use an existing command that would make somewhat intuitive sense for taking the user to the item being displayed, while also not being something that one might commonly use to exit the "screensaver" (which in my opinion makes "spacebar" less ideal for this purpose). The good news is that even if the user accidentally triggers this functionality they should be able to use the "Back" command to go back to the previous screen. And I think an existing command is preferable to a brand new command because a remote has a limited number of buttons and it is undesirable to have to dedicate one to this functionality when an existing key-combo could be re-purposed for this context.

:)

PS - If this is something you might like to see implemented, be sure to "Like" this top/first post (as well as any subsequent posts in this thread that highlight particular aspects of what you are interested in) -- "Liking" the top/first post helps the Devs to know how much interest there is in a given Feature Request.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
funwithmedia

Was just reminded again of my wishing for this feature, so giving this a bump so others can see it and potentially chime in. :)