emby server on Raspberry pi kodi

darkkent

embidia

T

Have you explored the settings in the emby server dashboard under library -> metadata?

There it is! Thanks!

• 2 months later...
mrbrahman

For folks that are using this setup of Emby server on Raspberry Pi 3, how's it working out so far? How are videos playing on browsers (other devices)? CPU utilization etc? Any transcoding issues?

Planning to remove Kodi from my pi3 and instead make it an Emby server. Any inputs are appreciated!

For folks that are using this setup of Emby server on Raspberry Pi 3, how's it working out so far? How are videos playing on browsers (other devices)? CPU utilization etc? Any transcoding issues?

Planning to remove Kodi from my pi3 and instead make it an Emby server. Any inputs are appreciated!

It's not going to be able to handle a lot of transcoding but direct playback should be fine.

mrbrahman

It's not going to be able to handle a lot of transcoding but direct playback should be fine.

Is Emby's transcoding very different from Kodi's? On the pi3, OSMC Kodi plays those videos very well.

darkkent

hey, i really couldnt get it to working i couldnt get the emby client connected something to do with the the network credentials?  i now use dietpi and plex

I would advise using dietpi as it has the option to install emby with one click it does it all for you. 

good luck

• 2 months later...

Is Emby's transcoding very different from Kodi's? On the pi3, OSMC Kodi plays those videos very well.

Funny thing, With the newer version of emby that i last ran ( i think 3 weeks ago ) they had put in functionality for hardware acceleration for mpeg 2 decoding. This does require a license from rasberry pi org ( 3$ i think it was ) anyway after a little testing it turns out the major choking point for transcoding is actually audio transcoding.

I havent run emby on my pi in a while so i am not sure what is still in the build. But if you custom compile ffmpeg to use mmal and h264omx ( i think it was ) the video transcoding will go well.