m3u playlists batch importing

laurent92

laurent92

Hi,

Emby is really fantastic (and that’s why I decided 2 weeks ago to buy a Premiere license to support the team), but in my opinion, Audio Playlist management could/should be greatly improved. But maybe that as a newbie, I missed something or my audio management strategy is inadequate : to avoid file duplication, I save only one copy of a song in my mp3 folder and use Playlists to “virtually” define Albums  and Compilations (~500 Playlists currently).

Thus, to manage my music collection within Emby, I needed first a tool to import my m3u playlists. A java app has been proposed by another forum member, but it only imports one m3u at a time. Thus, I decided to write a small software in Access 2016 VBA (Sorry, I'm  don’t manage other programming languages and some databases functionality were required to deal with multiple users). The Access software and a short guide are attached.

Please be understanding and not too critical, I’m not an expert ! The software was tested on 2 different computers running windows 8 or 10. It’s provided as is and I can’t ensure that it will run on all configurations…

​Hope this could help others...

Regards.

​  

m3u Playlist4Emby V0.zip

• Like 2

laurent92

Hi Luke

This would be great.

I would be glad to help, either in specifications, beta-testing or programming (depending on the tools/languages)

Thanks.