Got network?

Guest asrequested

Tur0k

That sounds like nice long project :)

Sounds like you're a hunter, with a gun safe and freezer?

Yep, that I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pir8radio

OK guys. Looks like I'm going to sell both of the Unifi US-16-XG 10G 16-Port Managed Aggregation Switches and my Quanta LB6M 10G switch. Before I put them on ebay, I figured I'd give you guys first refusal at a lower price. The Unifis $300 + shipping (each) and the Quanta $100 = shipping. USA shipping, only. If interested, PM me.

what SFP's do you have in the unifi switch?

Edited by pir8radio

Guest asrequested

what SFP's do you have in the unifi switch?

The cables, you mean? I got these, and they are surprisingly good quality. Not greatly flexible, though. They are nice and thick

chef

IMG_2692.JPG?dl=0IMG_2692.JPG?dl=0IMG_2692.JPG

I know it isn't super awesome... but if you had seen my crappy server last year you would understand what a massive step up this is. There are quite a few drives in the main emby box. This also runs Home Automation and Security as well.

I'm waiting for zip ties to better manage the cords because they are a mess right now.

I shrouded all the power lines with the same black 'cord-shroud'. It actually looks pretty alien, and when they are all tied up properly it is going to look pretty great I think.

All the cat5e and cat6  lines will be color-coded for each device and bundled properly into a brand new 8 channel switch, which is connected to a Fibre line to the outside world. 

The main server runs core i5 right now, but I'm going to update the Mobo and chipset this year.

Perhaps someone here might have an answer to a question I have. 

When I attempt to fill the current Mobo's RAM slots with RAM sticks (same timing on all of them), the  PC refuses to boot.

Instead, I can only fill two of the RAM slots. Wierd?!?

I really want my 32 gigs of RAM working. Right now it is only 16.

Well, love it or hate it, this is my setup :)

5a51153121ad2_IMG_2692.jpg

• Like 2

chef

Looks good!

Maybe you have a bad stick of memory? Have you tried two at a time?

Yeah when switching between all of them in two slots everything seems okay. Just when I fill all the DIM slots the computer won't boot.

Tur0k

What is the manufacturer and model mobo and chipset? Are you perhaps mixing ECC memory in on a mobo that doesn't fully support it?

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

is the memory from different suppliers?

are we talking dual channel or perhaps quad channel?

reset you timing on the MB to default and try one from each as a pair - does it boot then?

do you get an error code from the MB that you can check in the manual for more(maybe) info?

• Like 2

chef

The ram is: 8gb PC-3-12800 DIMM

Motherboard is: ASROCK h97 Anniversary

I think it's time for a new motherboard.

I'll attempt to reset timing and see what happens.

Edited by chef

pir8radio

Did you get one of those switches?

late response, no I was looking at buying yours lol.   

Guest asrequested

late response, no I was looking at buying yours lol.

Ah.too late. I've already sold the Unifi switches. I still have the Quanta.

Edited by Doofus

PenkethBoy

The ram is: 8gb PC-3-12800 DIMM

Motherboard is: ASROCK h97 Anniversary

I think it's time for a new motherboard.

I'll attempt to reset timing and see what happens.

any luck?

chef

Frustratingly no.

I'm looking into new motherboards now.

Needs lga1150 so limited options unfortunately.

But I did buy a brand new TP link switch with a gigabit connection.

My network rack is here!!! I got the rack put together and will get it mounted this week. I am also refreshing the power systems on the rack with:

1. Upgrading the 500 VA backup UPS with a 1200VA unit. The old unit needs new batteries and my work was cycling out some old backup UPS systems out of our remote site network closets.

2. A 6 outlet (4 controlled) aeotech Zwave surge strip.

Aeotec by Aeon Labs DSC11 Smart Power Strip Z-Wave Power Sockets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H3RL6JW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_3AcxAbYV2ZXVZ

It will integrate with my existing home automation system So I can monitor power utilization and power cycle the equipment in the event they go belly up or have to be power cycled to restore connectivity (cable modem).

b9ada7f24da8bd012d3b49a262940049.jpg

Edited by Tur0k
  • Like 2

Nice! I like the power monitor/cycling idea. I still need to get a UPS

Yea, I can’t take credit for it, a buddy of mine showed me his event config. He pings google DNS if he gets doesn’t receive 10 replies consecutively he assume Internet is down, sends a broadcast on his WHA system and power cycles the modem.

That new backup UPS is a hoss too. I looking it up I should be able to pickup oversized batteries for it. I just wish it had a NIC and supported SNMP.

I'll have to take a look at that UPS. I was looking at a Tripp-lite

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DZRY9C/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_34?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

We use those in our smaller clinics. They are work horses. The screens are pretty but don’t give much info. Right now I have a pair of 1200VA APCs from work (that need new batteries), a 1500VA APC, and a 500VA APC (that needs new batteries).

Edited by Tur0k

Guest asrequested

We use those in our smaller clinics. They are work horses. The screens are pretty but don’t give much info. Right now I have a pair of 1200VA APCs from work (that need new batteries), a 1500VA APC, and a 500VA APC (that needs new batteries).

I'm not ready to buy one, yet. But I'll shop around when I am. I only want it for the server and network equipment. 

Edited by Doofus