Emby Theater for Linux

xnappo

widget100

This last statement is only true, if you're connected to the Internet. This needs to be made clear. Except, of course, if this has changed. But as far as I know, you cannot use the Samsung app on a local network. It only works if you're connected to the internet, including after connecting to the internet to download and install it, which you'd need to do. If you then disconnect from the internet and want to use it on your local  network, it won't work.

Just tested this and you're correct but it's the TV's problem not Emby's.

2011 Samsung, disconnected my router from the internet and the TV wont load any app, never mind Emby. (Not)Smart Hub just complains it's not connected to a network and takes you to a network settings page.

• 2 weeks later...
gene0915

I have a spare Asus Chromebox laying around that has LibreELEC/Kodi on it. Was looking around and there doesn't appear to be an embedded ISO with Emby Theater for use on x64 devices like my Chromebox. Looks like I need to install a Linux distro (Debian based) on my Chromebox and then install the Emby Theater .DEB package. Is there a Debian based distro that anyone has found to work better than others?

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the build in the first post with the 3.0.6 release. It has some CEC fixes as well as fixes for DVB subtitles. Thanks everyone.

Guest asrequested

I just threw Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS on my mini PC (first experience with Linux). It updated itself, all went smoothly. Decided to try Theater, it installed just fine. But it's got some large problems (at least for me). When I try to make it full screen, it sort of does it. The desktop gets covered, but the Theater UI doesn't move to the top left corner. So I get a black bar on the left and top, and part of the UI is pushed off the right and bottom edges of the screen. The bigger issue that I get no picture or sound when playing anything. It appears to be playing, as I can see it progressing in time. But that's all I get???? The GPU is an Intel UHD 600

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

It appears that the desktop taskbars are what is causing the fullscreen problem.

aaaand no picture again....

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Fixed the audio. I can play my media in the browser, but I'm losing the picture in Theater. Looks like another electron issue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
princeshawn420

i lovve this but i want it to conenct directly to my server not with a emby account, what would need changed to allow this, i know the server site pretty well the client site i have never touched 

Hi, in the start wizard on the Emby Connect screen just click Skip, and then you can enter your server address to connect manually. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Did someone try this on Fedora or other RHEL based system? Alien does not really cooperate, installing converted package returns  

Error: Transaction check error:
  file / from install of emby-theater-3.0.6-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.9-2.fc29.x86_64
  file /usr/bin from install of emby-theater-3.0.6-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.9-2.fc29.x86_64
  file /usr/lib from install of emby-theater-3.0.6-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.9-2.fc29.x86_64

arsenic0

So any help I can get would be appreciated.  I started digging through the thread so if these things have already been discussed let me know.

This is using the latest image as of yesterday on a RPI3.

1) Every time my RPI turns off, on next boot i am back at the Emby setup screen and have to reconnect it to my server.  Im unsure why this is?

2) I followed the instructions on the first page to get ir-table to work, making the mcekeytable file and putting it in the .conf file, tested against it and saw KEY_ENTER and KEY_ESC coming in when buttons were pressed as expected.  But after reboot only the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT buttons work again which is the original state.  Im using a MCE Remote + IR USB Sensor, but also have a MCE keyboard.  I am not sure if losing these settings is related to #1.

1) Every time my RPI turns off, on next boot i am back at the Emby setup screen and have to reconnect it to my server.  Im unsure why this is?

Hi, this means it tries to connect to your server, but can't, so it sends you back to the server selection screen. Is it possible the network hasn't initialized yet?

Based on the fact that you’re cabled in and you’re losing other settings too, I’d wager it’s a permissions issue or a bad write to the card (fs issue). Check with another SD card making sure it’s a reputable brand and verify the image sums match before writing to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tried this on 18.04 ubuntu, same issue as others, full screen doesnt work right, and it likes to black screen a lot. Will wait for a newer release and give it another go. Back to firefox for the time being

• Like 1

Case 1
I've tried the first image (https://github.com/M...r-rpi_3.0.6.zip) on a rpi2B+ and rpi3B+ with network access (DHCP+MAC Reservation) and i have a black screen on my tv with the mouse pointer working.
I've the ability to obtain the logon screen with combination ALT+Fx keys.

Case 2
I also tried installation of the emby-theater...armhf.deb (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-theater-electron/releases/download/3.0.6/emby-theater_3.0.6_amd64.deb) as described, on a clean and updated raspbian with or without GUI but when i try to launch the application, i have the message : (emby-theater:982): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Some ideas on what i can do ?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
echoxxzz

I've installed the Emby 3.06 .deb file on Ubuntu 18.04 and Emby Theatre starts but when I try a play video all I see is a black screen. If I hold the mouse button down over the black screen I can see the movie playing behind ET. I've added ontop=yes to my ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf file and mpv still plays behind ET. Has anyone been to get this working?

echoxxzz

Thanks Luke. In the meantime I'll continue using Kodi + EmbyCon + Emburary which is working perfectly!!!!