Sony Android TV - audio out of sync

chenks

how is it lying?
it's correctly saying it has 2 channel audio, which is does as it only has two physical speakers.

mastrmind11

how is it lying?

it's correctly saying it has 2 channel audio, which is does as it only has two physical speakers.

Because DD+ doesn't make sense on 2 channels, which is the conclusion the server is also making, and thus transcoding.

how is it lying?

The eventual output may only be 2 channels but the TV apparently supports inputs of multi-channels which is what we are asking it (for what it supports on input, not what it outputs).

Because DD+ doesn't make sense on 2 channels, which is the conclusion the server is also making, and thus transcoding.

and neither does DTS, but it doesn't have any problems with that.

and neither doee emby.

The eventual output may only be 2 channels but the TV apparently supports inputs of multi-channels which is what we are asking it (for what it supports on input, not what it outputs).

and the sony website says it supports DD+

1.3.5 makes no difference.

audio is still out of sync regardless of whether the audio setting is set to direct or downmix to stereo.

so, the obvious question is, what is plex doing that emby can't seem to do ?

Okay, so that is why the audio is still a problem since we've determined that transcoding appears to be what is causing it.

Can you post an ffmpeg and server log from playing it back now.  Not sure what is causing it to transcode but could be a number of other factors.

The server log doesn't state a reason for the transcode but it is still being requested with max channels of 2.

Did you send another log from the app?

I just got that log but it doesn't include the playback start.  Did you replay the item or just send the log?

Okay, sorry.  If you could play it one more time and then send the log maybe I can see why it is still requesting only 2 channels.  thx.

Okay, I think I finally found it.  Thanks for your patience.

You can try again with 1.3.6 when it is available.

my trial has expired now... and i'm not sure i'm willing to pay £3+ on an app that currently has trouble playing my files.

AdilMahboob

Hey ebr,

I might be able to pick up where chenks is leaving off as I'm a lifetime supporter.

I've noticed a few files falling out of sync on 1.2.77g so thought it best to do some research into and this thread fits my criteria exactly (an mkv file with DD+ audio being played on a Sony S80C TV which supports DD+).

I've joined the open beta and tested this on 1.3.6 - the same mkv file now plays with no audio at all by default. Pressing the button to troubleshoot the file (from the OSD) does resolve the audio issue; however, then the video output disappears.

Regards,

Adil

You should update to 1.3.8 and try again.  Thanks.

BTW - it turned out that chenks TV really only supports stereo input.  It wasn't lying.  It also doesn't report supporting DD+ (or any other advanced codec for that matter).

yet the sony website says it does support DD+.

strange.

Well, one of the things you have to understand about marketing material is that it isn't always as simple as it looks.

It may be that it supports that only with certain connections or only in certain containers or types of video streams or only in certain apps (like Netflix).

AdilMahboob

Sorry for the late reply.

I no longer have the problem file which has hindered my testing; however, it seems fair to say that the issue revolves around Dolby Digital Plus. I have another file which contains audio in this format and can confirm that it worked without issue on version 1.3.11g. As far as I'm concerned, that's a win!

Great job, ebr!

Regards,

Adil