New episode sorting feature

Luke

the new build that just went up takes this a step further, with better matching and a little more manual control

From a user perspective, this issue can be difficult to diagnose since they need linux and windows FS knowledge.

Also it's not a big loss as theses characters are rarely used in Linux/Mac due to compatibility issue with Windows FS.

So in the end, I think using windows invalid chars on all platforms would allow better interoperability, user experience and less tech support.

Sounds good. Can you make that change?

It didn't match "Intelligence.US.S01E03.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-KiNGS (1).mkv". Really the series on TVDB is "Intelligence (2014)". No idea why they call it US other then I think there was a Canadian series by the same name in 2006. The only other failure was the US version of Shameless, but that was fixed in the latest version.

I'm sure this will be a very popular feature but Sickbeard takes care of all of this for me so I don't have anything to test with.

shaefurr

somehow I missed this feature until now, youre making me mad I paid for MCM, I dont even use MCM for metadata anymore, and now adding my shows. Now all MB needs to do is download my new shows for me :P

• Like 1

shaefurr

I wouldnt expect it to, just making a point MB3 has gone far beyond my expectations. :) And I love how MB3 moves all my shows in about 10 seconds, while MCM takes a good min or two to run through my new downloads. Superb.

• 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

Just been testing out this feature and I have to say, it works really well. 

What would be a nice addition is if it could also move subtitle files and rename to same as the episode filename.  I would do it myself but it's all that damn java and I just don't get on with it.

Cheers

EDIT: Also if it can't move the file directly could you make it copy the file over to new destination.

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The auto-organize feature is crashing on my machine.
It fails to move/delete files. It throws an unauthorized error even after I gave total permissions to everyone.

2014-02-27 20:07:42.7829 Error - App: Error deleting file E:\Downloads\Torrents\Complete\Series\Arrow.S02E14.HDTV.x264-LOL[rarbg]\arrow.214.hdtv-lol.nfo
	Access to the path 'E:\Downloads\Torrents\Complete\Series\Arrow.S02E14.HDTV.x264-LOL[rarbg]\arrow.214.hdtv-lol.nfo' is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
	   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
	   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.FileOrganization.TvFolderOrganizer.DeleteLeftOverFiles(String path, IEnumerable`1 extensions)

2014-02-27 20:23:05.2746 Error - App: Failed to move file from E:\Downloads\Torrents\Complete\Series\Anger Management - S02E49 - Charlie and the Twins.mp4 to E:\Videos\Series\Anger Management\Season 2\Anger Management - S02E49 - Charlie and the Twins.mp4
	Access to the path 'E:\Videos\Series\Anger Management\Season 2\Anger Management - S02E49 - Charlie and the Twins.mp4' is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
	   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
	   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.FileOrganization.EpisodeFileOrganizer.PerformFileSorting(TvFileOrganizationOptions options, FileOrganizationResult result)

Edit: The move worked after I deleted the existing file, it failed doing the overwrite.

Edited by Luis

Koleckai Silvestri

Access to the path 'E:\Videos\Series\Anger Management\Season 2\Anger Management - S02E49 - Charlie and the Twins.mp4' is denied.

Either permissions are off or the file was marked as in use.

• 1 month later...
kingy444

hey guys

luke I sent this to you already but as suggested posting here.

whats everyones opinions

regarding the organise media files plugin in the latest release. I have seen you can now copy not just move. was wondering if there were plans/discussions already about giving the plugin the ability to create the desired structure for new series (I would recommend

-season Name (year first aired if in title)

----Season folder in structure configures for the search

)

this would keep it inline with the users database structure and in the desired mediabrowser format for folders

would then give the end user a checkbox to enable/disable structure creation (ptobably good to put a warning/disclaimer along with it)