New episode sorting feature

Luke

Cheesegeezer

yea i know. i thought it might be a British thing, but Scott had no clue what it was when i mentioned it to him.

Hahahaha, me neither, I was like Grant with this, thinking it was a filtering tools for devs.

How about "Media Librarian"

Yea one of the golden rules of ui design is never abbreviate because people are not going to remember what it means. I'm going with File Organizer for now.

• Like 1

well it's not implemented but it's going to be a tab on teh dashboard. you'll be able to see a history as well as make corrections to ones that fail because we couldn't match it to a series in your library.

Where do we see the activity log? Is it a new log file or just mixed with everything else?

It sounds like you at least have some interest in this. If I can get you to do live tv for Roku I can keep doing neat management stuff like this :)

well it's not implemented but it's going to be a tab on teh dashboard. you'll be able to see a history as well as make corrections to ones that fail because we couldn't match it to a series in your library.

Well I mean I saw on the last page someone had a log of at least showing that is was processing it. Is that inside of the main log file?

It sounds like you at least have some interest in this. If I can get you to do live tv for Roku I can keep doing neat management stuff like this :)

I'll get to it. Unfortunately January and February is my busiest time of the year. Basically everybody doesn't want to do projects in Nov. and Dec. but come the new year they are gung ho for them. So just haven't had a ton of time to work on it lately. And right now I just started work on completely refactoring the entire channel because that will be the only way we can do remote control of it.

Edited by gcw07
  • Like 1

Yea one of the golden rules of ui design is never abbreviate because people are not going to remember what it means. I'm going with File Organizer for now.

... ;) newb.... <~

In the dev build that just went up you can play with this by visiting the dashboard/libraryfileorganizer.html page

this is only the configuration part. the activity log will be the cool part.

WWWestern

I think it is best naming. 

You have to manually navigate to it WWW.  See the address Luke posted earlier.

We are still trying to finalize the current release so this feature is hidden right now.

Only tested it out on a couple files. So far it failed to make a match.

2014-01-20 16:13:30.4792, Info, App, Sorting file G:\New Downloads\Shameless.US.S04E02.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv

2014-01-20 16:13:30.4983, Debug, App, Extracted information from G:\New Downloads\Shameless.US.S04E02.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv. Series name shameless.us., Season 4, Episode 2
2014-01-20 16:13:30.4983, Warn, App, Unable to find series in library matching name shameless.us.

Series name would be Shameless (US)

Yeah, the tvdb has some weird naming conventions for some series that have dups across countries.  Not sure if we can assume that the second portion of the name should be in parens or not...

WWWestern

ebr, Luke, thanks.

Can I use pattern like:

%sn - S%0sE%0e-E%0ed - %en.%ext

resulting as Series Name - S01E04-E05 - Episode Four.mkv ?

Yeah, the tvdb has some weird naming conventions for some series that have dups across countries.  Not sure if we can assume that the second portion of the name should be in parens or not...

Yeah I'm not sure either. I doubt I end up using this thing so no big deal for me, but just figured I'd report it.

WWWestern

We can interprete <space>XX<space> or <dot>XX<dot> after actual name as country code if primary search results with alternatives with country codes.

Yeah that would be cool. Just some sort of way to match mismatches. Just curious what is the reason for the "delete" button on the log activity page for the failures?

So that would delete the file? I definitely just got the impression it would delete the log entry only.