New episode sorting feature

Luke

Yea it's one of those things that's not entirely intuitive until you've clicked it and read the confirmation message. it deletes the file.

Yeah that is why I didn't want to click on it. I was totally unsure what it did. Can you do tooltips with the jquery mobile stuff? It wouldn't really show up on anything except users using browsers with a mouse, but a bootstrap type tooltip would be nice there.

you guys can play with it a little more in the build that just went up. It has some of the activity log now, although it's not complete yet.

Renaming the file to conform to name saved in library - all failed.

52debe68c6889_test.png

do you have internet providers turned off?

Yea Grant that type of failure is expected right now. It is pretty conservative. My intention is to allow you to correct it from the activity log page and then it can remember that for future episodes of the same show.

if you have overwrite existing turned off, then the downloaded duplicate episodes will just be left sitting in your download folder.  You may decide that you don't want one and just want to get rid of it.

Yea it's one of those things that's not entirely intuitive until you've clicked it and read the confirmation message. it deletes the file.

That's a perfect example of why we can't assume the parens thing on shameless.us...

What about just convert . to a space. I think "Shameless US" would come up with a match. Then something like Person of Interest should too.

abeloin

A small issue in Linux, this example got validated with ":" in it. It can be problematic when someone try to access the file via samba(windows client), as the file will be in the 8.3 format(SFN).

2014-01-22 04:52:32.7776, Debug, App, Extracted information from /core/mediabrowser-watch/Tokyo Ravens.S01E15.Darkness Emerge Chance Meeting.mkv. Series name tokyo ravens., Season 1, Episode 15
2014-01-22 04:52:32.8184, Info, App, Sorting file /core/mediabrowser-watch/Tokyo Ravens.S01E15.Darkness Emerge Chance Meeting.mkv into series /core/Anime/Tokyo Ravens
2014-01-22 04:52:32.8186, Info, App, Sorting file /core/mediabrowser-watch/Tokyo Ravens.S01E15.Darkness Emerge Chance Meeting.mkv to new path /core/Anime/Tokyo Ravens/Season 1/Tokyo Ravens.S01E15.Darkness Emerge: Chance Meeting.mkv

This behavior is from GetInvalidFileNameChars(In CommonFileSystem.cs:132) which in Mono is returning a different set of invalid char if run outside Windows.

public static char[] GetInvalidFileNameChars ()
{
        // return a new array as we do not want anyone to be able to change the values
        if (Environment.IsRunningOnWindows) {
                return new char [41] { '\x00', '\x01', '\x02', '\x03', '\x04', '\x05', '\x06', '\x07',
                        '\x08', '\x09', '\x0A', '\x0B', '\x0C', '\x0D', '\x0E', '\x0F', '\x10', '\x11', '\x12',
                        '\x13', '\x14', '\x15', '\x16', '\x17', '\x18', '\x19', '\x1A', '\x1B', '\x1C', '\x1D',
                        '\x1E', '\x1F', '\x22', '\x3C', '\x3E', '\x7C', ':', '*', '?', '\\', '/' };
        } else {
                return new char [2] { '\x00', '/' };
        }
}
  • Like 1

What about just convert . to a space. I think "Shameless US" would come up with a match. Then something like Person of Interest should too.

Yes.  Even if that won't match Shameless, I think the convert '.' to space will get more matches than it misses.

abeloin

Abeloin what would you suggest?

From a user perspective, this issue can be difficult to diagnose since they need linux and windows FS knowledge.

Also it's not a big loss as theses characters are rarely used in Linux/Mac due to compatibility issue with Windows FS.

So in the end, I think using windows invalid chars on all platforms would allow better interoperability, user experience and less tech support.

WWWestern

...a little more manual control

This works. Automation doesn't.

BTW Both series and eposode names renamed to localized version. I want keep original (mostly Endlish) names in file name.

thanks. the automation will improve over time. i think it's better to err on the side of caution to avoid an incorrect match. while it's still improving all it takes is a couple clicks in the dashboard to manually identify it.

Also just tested the "failed" then manual fix feature. I just had to select the TV series it belonged to and it then auto picked up season and episode number and then after clicking okay, it moved it properly. Makes for a very nice feature. I'm sure a ton of people will love this feature. Thanks for adding it.

• Like 1

Thanks. It doesn't do the remembering of corrections yet. But i think if it's easy enough then some will actually enjoy the fact that it's basically an approval process, and feel confident about it.

Yeah I don't mind if it doesn't remember. I've only tested 3 or 4 files, but it has caught them all except 1 with the latest build.

Ok, cool. I think I would like to eventually support adding a new series with it, but i don't think i'll ever have that be automatic. it's easy enough to do on the activity log page, which i think is ok because adding a new series to your library should be a much less frequent event for most people. And that will save us from the support burden of incorrect matches.

Yeah, I wouldn't match new series. That is something that probably should still be manual. At least to me it should be. I basically keep 2 copies of everything and I remove subtitles. So it is always going to me a manual process for me to remove subs, then copy it to a local drive. This does save me in copying to my NAS drive.