very slow response and 100% disk usage during playback

esomn

hi,

i'm having this problem with my emby server that when i play anything on it, localy or from other devices, it becomes really slow and unresponsive.

i searched the forums for something similar but could not find anything.

while trying to troubleshoot it i noticed that as soon as i start playing something the disk usage of my system rises to 100% and everything becomes slow.

and as soon as i stop the playback the disk usage returns to normal:

57ef0f960ea04_normal.png

first image is normal workload (gaming, music, ...) second is when i start playback on emby and third is when i stop it.

im running version 3.0.7200.0 and i get this problem in my server accessing it from any device or browser

any ideas?

sorry for the bad english and thanks in advance

server-63610790400.txt

Edited by esomn

Hi, I do see a lot of Dlna traffic in your logs and we have dramatically reduced dlna traffic for the next release, so I would suggest reporting back once that is available. thanks.

Sorry I said dlna to make it sound easier but what I meant was the lower upnp layer and that wont be impacted by turning the dlna server on or off.

it does sound easier lol

but even if i disable networking altogether and play from local browser/theater the disk usage rises.

maybe its playback/streaming related? i tried messing with the options there and got nowhere ...

thanks again luke!

What kind of disc is it?  Do you have any kind of special caching or anti-malware software installed?

tried disabling windows superfetch, search, antivirus ... but changed nothing.

i think emby really dislikes this disk? maybe change emby installation drive?