Lip Sync problem

Guest asrequested

Why so? My understanding is that ET uses its own embedded filters.

It does, but babgvant has compiled more than one version (stable/edge). I've had a few glitches from time to time. I found that replacing the files with the newest single version, helped. 

I also flick between stable and edge, but ET doesn't use the separate install of LAV that you have installed separately on the machine, only the ones that are embedded within the player. 

Guest asrequested

Right, but uninstalling ET and re-installing from scratch would do the same thing, right?

No, it won't..at least not in the same way

It does, but babgvant has compiled more than one version (stable/edge). I've had a few glitches from time to time. I found that replacing the files with the newest single version, helped. 

Replacing the files will give you one clean version. It has helped with a few issues that I've had. It's worth giving it a try.

What issues have you had that were fixed by doing this?

I really don't see how over writing files with the same files will help, unless those files have become corrupt or damaged in some way, and if that is the case, uninstalling and re-installing ET is a cleaner and safer way of renewing all of the files, rather than just the select ones. that you are over writing.

Guest asrequested

While not being a lip sync issue, this was one instance that was remedied. You may be experiencing a new problem that could be helped in a similar way

I haven't read the whole thread, but I would say that the issue would have been equally solved by uninstalling and re-installing ET. 

What is your set up and do you have any issues with audio / video sync or dropped frames?

Edited by Guest

Guest asrequested

I haven't red the whole thread, but I would say that the issue would have been equally solved by uninstalling and re-installing ET. 

What is your set up and do you have any issues with audio / video sync or dropped frames?

This is my setup. And if you read the thread, you'll see that babgvant recompiled LAV to solve the problem, and provided the replacement filter to copy over the original. And presently, the only issue that I have is unrelated to this.

Edited by Doofus

I presume that the recompiled version of LAV is included in the ET update that was rolled out earlier?

Edited by Guest

Guest asrequested

I presume that the recompiled version of LAV is included in the ET update that was rolled out earlier?

I don't know. I don't see mention of it. @@Luke would need to answer that.

• 1 month later...