kodi nfo problem

ecks669
Go to solution Solved by bozrdnag,

Angelblue05

Correct. The issue is resolved. It's just old airsbefore values still exising in your Emby database that needs refreshing. Once this is done, the Emby library will drop the incorrect airsbefore value and Kodi will display correctly.

I am not sure if refreshing the entire tv library would work, I figured if it was only a few series that were incorrect, it's faster to go in and manual refresh....

bozrdnag

Thanks!  I get what you're saying but with so many series I don't know how many or which have the issue.  I know of some but I figured it would be easier to just refresh them all rather than check them all.  Glad to know it's fixed!

• Like 1

bozrdnag

Refreshing isn't actually working for me after all.  It fixed a couple things but many are still out of order and refreshing is not correcting them.

Edited by bozrdnag

Angelblue05

@@bozrdnag

Any issues with new episodes?

Make sure you delete the nfos prior to refreshing. Can you give specific examples with screenshots so we can get a better idea, including the new nfos generated by the server if any? Thanks

bozrdnag

I just noticed something.  I deleted all the nfo files for Veep and then refreshed the series.  Season 5 still showed out of order as follows: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1, 2, 3.  The nfo files for episodes 4-10 all contain:

<airsbefore_season>5</airsbefore_season>

the nfo files for epiosdes 1-3 do not.  SO that explains the ordering, but why did Emby put that in the nfo files for those episodes?

Angelblue05

Because the data still exists in the database somehow. Do the following, don't delete the nfo, but remove that line. Then do a refresh, then delete the nfo and see if the line re-appears.

bozrdnag

I deleted the line in s05e04 and refreshed and that episode moved down below s05e03 as it should.  I then deleted the nfo file and refreshed again and the line is now gone from the nfo file.

Angelblue05

If I had to guess, if there's nothing to refresh from (nfo/xml), it must just rewrite the info from the emby database to nfo (with the bad information in it). If there's a nfo, it must rewrite what's inside the emby database with the correct info from the modified nfo (without the airsbefore tag in it).

bozrdnag

So you're saying I would have to go through and edit the nfo file for every problem episode to correct this?  That would be a major task.  Hopefully Luke will see this a propose a simpler solution.

Edited by bozrdnag

Angelblue05

This was a speculation. I don't know the server code and my guess was based on your testing.

@@Luke

Input?

Edited by Angelblue05

Happy2Play

You may have to delete the existing metadata/nfo to get all the correct information.  Not sure if a library refresh will correct the issue or not.  I guess you could try refreshing a series or a season and see if it corrects the issue.

bozrdnag

That's what I've been trying and it doesn't work unless I first correct the nfo file.  If I just delete the nfo and then refresh it puts the same data back in the nfo file.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

You may have to delete the existing metadata/nfo to get all the correct information.  Not sure if a library refresh will correct the issue or not.  I guess you could try refreshing a series or a season and see if it corrects the issue.

Doesn't work, erasing the nfo doesn't do anything as far as the server is concern. The old exising airs before value remains in the database, until overwritten...

@@bozrdnag

Do you see the airs before field in the metadata manager? If so, maybe removing the value there and hitting save is enough to fix the issue.

Edited by Angelblue05

Happy2Play

Another thing you may have to do since Emby caches a lot of this information from the provider for x amount of days is locate the series and delete it in the cache folder by their ID.  For example Veep would be in the tvdb cache folder (237831).  I would delete the corresponding tmdb folder also. 

But if the episode nfo contains the wrong info this will be useless.

Edited by Happy2Play

bozrdnag

Do you see the airs before field in the metadata manager? If so, maybe removing the value there and hitting save is enough to fix the issue.

No.  I do not see that field in the metadata manager.

Another thing you may have to do since Emby caches a lot of this information from the provider for x amount of days is locate the series and delete it in the cache folder by their ID.  For example Veep would be in the tvdb cache folder (237831).  I would delete the corresponding tmdb folder also. 

But if the episode nfo contains the wrong info this will be useless.

I found and deleted the TVDB cache folder (there wasn't a corresponding one under tndb-tv), then deleted all the nfo files for the show and refreshed the series under the metadata manager and it didn't help.  Episodes are still out of order with the offending ones still having the <airsbefore> field.

Fix for what? Those fields only show in the metadata manager for episodes that are specials.

• Solution
bozrdnag

Why are they being put into nfo files for regular episodes?  That's the problem that seems to be causing many of my regular episodes to be all out of order.

• Like 1

bozrdnag

Yes, but how to get rid of that relatively easily?  If I delete the nfo files for a problem series and then refresh the series, Emby puts that field right back into the nfo file for the same episodes and they are still out of order.  Why?  Why is Emby somehow remembering that data and putting it back?

The only thing that seems to work is to go into the episode nfo and manually remove the field(s) and then refresh.  But with many out of order series, that is a daunting task.

Edited by bozrdnag

bozrdnag

I'm not sure why my post was made best answer.  It is me asking a question, not answering one.  My question still stands.  While the underlying cause of the problem may be fixed in recent server versions, the effective problem of episodes being out of order is not simply fixed by upgrading to a newer version.  Newly added episodes may be all right, but what about the older ones that are all still wrong?  I am asking how you propose we correct that short of going through and manually editing every affected nfo file?

I used the following to remove the line from all my nfo files on my linux server.

find ./ -iname '*.nfo' -exec sed -i '/airsbefore_season/ d' '{}' ';'

Not sure if they will come back or not but fingers crossed!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
bozrdnag

I used the following to remove the line from all my nfo files on my linux server.

find ./ -iname '*.nfo' -exec sed -i '/airsbefore_season/ d' '{}' ';'

Not sure if they will come back or not but fingers crossed!

Sorry I took so long to get back on this but thank you so much!  This worked great!!

• Like 1