kodi nfo problem

ecks669
Go to solution Solved by bozrdnag,

Angelblue05

I am not sure it is fixed or not.

I deleted the nfo after updating, and forced a refresh of the episode. It rewrote airsbefore_season 1. Then, I edited the nfo and erased the value, hit refresh and it was fine this time. So it could have been an old discrepancy in the database being rewritten to the nfo. I will let you know if I see it happen again.

Edited by Angelblue05

Just thought I would add that I said in an earlier post that it happened on a server update and only on old episodes, but it just happened again on a show I recently added (wrong -1 values on some of the episodes). So it appears the problem is still there, I fixed it by editing the nfo and removing all those tags.

the latest version will definitely not write -1 anymore, it is specifically looking for that and skipping it if that's the case.

hi I have been having this problem too with episodes showing up in wrong order, i just found one in my big bang theory where epsiode 4,9,18 are displayed last because all the other episodes have 

"<airsbefore_season>8</airsbefore_season>" in the nfo, and this places them before episode 4,9,18

so if i understand correctly airsbefore should only be used on specials.

• Like 1

@@Luke

is this in the official build of the server? or a test build ?

I have tried to refresh info on one affected tvshow. I have refreshed the tvshow and all the episodes individually  and then in kodi i have done a full reset the problem still persist.

seing as this is affecting alot of tvshow how would you suggest to solve it ? is it enough to hit refresh on the series or do i need to do it for each episode ?

It's in the official release. The fix is intended to ensure it does not happen again but it may not correct existing titles for which it has already written those values. I suppose I can also update the reading side of things to ignore the values if it's not a special.

hi luke ;)

thank you for the fast reply

I would appriciate that and so would alot of other people too, i think its alot to go through to fix it, so until that happens (if it does) the only way to fix it is to delete the nfo´s and refresh them is this correct ?

• 2 weeks later...
bozrdnag

I am having the same problem but none of my nfo files have an <airsbefore> tag in them. The have <season> <episode> and <absolute_number> and all the ones I check are correct yet they still show out of order in Kodi.

Nothing in the NFL files is off either. They in correct order in Emby, but not in Kodi.

Edited by bozrdnag

so i decided to try and fix this, i shut diown the server and deleted all my nfo´s for big bang and started the server back up, i then hit refresh on the show, and i still get airsbefore season on the episodes, how do i get the server to refresh the nfo without the wrong info

bozrdnag

Nine of mine are specials. It's just regular episodes out of order. For example, the 3th season of Veep shows episodes on this order: 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,10

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Edited by bozrdnag

Well we used to print these values into nfo for non-specials so maybe that's why. We don't do that anymore but you might still have nfo's where they exist.

bozrdnag

Which values are you talking about?  As I posted earlier, my Veep season 4 displays the episode order as 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,10.  Here are my nfo files for Veep s04e01 and s04e03.  I left out the <fileinfo> portion to keep them shorter.

Veep s04e01:

<episodedetails>
  <plot>Selina's staff frantically works on her first major speech as president. Gary questions his worth.</plot>
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2015-06-18 03:11:32</dateadded>
  <title>Joint Session</title>
  <director>Chris Addison</director>
  <writer>Armando Iannucci</writer>
  <writer>Simon Blackwell</writer>
  <writer>Georgia Pritchett</writer>
  <credits>Armando Iannucci</credits>
  <credits>Simon Blackwell</credits>
  <credits>Georgia Pritchett</credits>
  <rating>7.8</rating>
  <year>2015</year>
  <imdbid>tt3682512</imdbid>
  <tvdbid>5096668</tvdbid>
  <votes>10</votes>
  <runtime>28</runtime>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <season>4</season>
  <aired>2015-04-12</aired>
  <displayseason>4</displayseason>
  <absolute_number>29</absolute_number>
</episodedetails>

Veep s04e03:

<episodedetails>
  <plot>Selina's team tries to find a scapegoat. Catherine wants to support an anti-bullying campaign.</plot>
  <outline />
  <dateadded>2015-06-18 04:45:57</dateadded>
  <title>Data</title>
  <director>Becky Martin</director>
  <writer>Neil Gibbons</writer>
  <credits>Neil Gibbons</credits>
  <rating>8.1</rating>
  <year>2015</year>
  <imdbid>tt3682514</imdbid>
  <tvdbid>5137450</tvdbid>
  <votes>10</votes>
  <runtime>28</runtime>
  <isuserfavorite>false</isuserfavorite>
  <playcount>1</playcount>
  <watched>true</watched>
  <lastplayed>2016-09-09 20:12:14</lastplayed>
  <resume>
    <position>0</position>
    <total>1663.712</total>
  </resume>
  <episode>3</episode>
  <season>4</season>
  <aired>2015-04-25</aired>
  <absolute_number>31</absolute_number>
</episodedetails>

I don;t see anything that would explain why they are misordered.

displayseason and displayepisode should only be printed to nfo for specials. That was something we weren't initially aware of so we were saving it to nfo for all episodes. That may or may not be what is throwing off Kodi.

pünktchen

Which values are you talking about? As I posted earlier, my Veep season 4 displays the episode order as 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,10. Here are my nfo files for Veep s04e01 and s04e03. I left out the <fileinfo> portion to keep them shorter.

Veep s04e01:

<episodedetails>
  <plot>Selina's staff frantically works on her first major speech as president. Gary questions his worth.</plot>
  <outline />
  <dateadded>2015-06-18 03:11:32</dateadded>
  <title>Joint Session</title>
  <director>Chris Addison</director>
  <writer>Georgia Pritchett</writer>
  <credits>Georgia Pritchett</credits>
  <rating>7.8</rating>
  <year>2015</year>
  <imdbid>tt3682512</imdbid>
  <tvdbid>5096668</tvdbid>
  <votes>10</votes>
  <runtime>28</runtime>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <season>4</season>
  <aired>2015-04-12</aired>
  <absolute_number>29</absolute_number>
</episodedetails>
Veep s04e03:
<episodedetails>
  <plot>Selina's team tries to find a scapegoat. Catherine wants to support an anti-bullying campaign.</plot>
  <outline />
  <dateadded>2015-06-18 04:45:57</dateadded>
  <title>Data</title>
  <director>Becky Martin</director>
  <writer>Neil Gibbons</writer>
  <credits>Neil Gibbons</credits>
  <rating>8.1</rating>
  <year>2015</year>
  <imdbid>tt3682514</imdbid>
  <tvdbid>5137450</tvdbid>
  <votes>10</votes>
  <runtime>28</runtime>
  <isuserfavorite>false</isuserfavorite>
  <playcount>1</playcount>
  <watched>true</watched>
  <lastplayed>2016-09-09 20:12:14</lastplayed>
  <resume>
    <position>0</position>
    <total>1663.712</total>
  </resume>
  <episode>3</episode>
  <season>4</season>
  <aired>2015-04-25</aired>
  <absolute_number>31</absolute_number>
</episodedetails>
I don;t see anything that would explain why they are misordered.
Your Emby install shows the correct order, your nfo's have the correct order, so what should team Emby do here?!

Have you ever reseted your Kodi library?

Angelblue05

I will doubly verify on my side to make sure everything is correct. I have this issue with one episode I refreshed from the server. Somehow it lost it's ordering so I'm looking into it again.

Angelblue05

Ok, the issue is in Emby, but it's only temporary, because it requires manual intervention to fix those already messed up entries. It looks to be working perfectly with new episodes.

@@bozrdnag - the episodes out of order are actually correct because they do not contain the airsbeforeseason tag in database, that's why they appear at the end of the season in Kodi. It's the rest of the episodes that needs refreshing. What I did to correct the issue is target the series that are problematic. In the metadata manager, select the series and refresh all metadata so it also refreshes your seasons and episodes. This correctly replaced the old airsbefore values still in the Emby database, and now Kodi reflects the correct order. Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

bozrdnag

Your Emby install shows the correct order, your nfo's have the correct order, so what should team Emby do here?!

Have you ever reseted your Kodi library?

This is thread about episode order issues in Kodi, right?  I'm not saying team Emby SHOULD do anything.  I'm simply reporting a problem and looking for some help.  I've ran Kodi for over 10 years without using Emby as my back end and never saw this issue once.  I recently switched to using Emby as my back end and I have numerous instances of this problem.  Seems to me like it's an Emby issue or an issue with Emby for Kodi.  I have reset my library a few times and it does not fix the problem.

bozrdnag

Ok, the issue is in Emby, but it's only temporary, because it requires manual intervention to fix those already messed up entries. It looks to be working perfectly with new episodes.

@@bozrdnag - the episodes out of order are actually correct because they do not contain the airsbeforeseason tag in database, that's why they appear at the end of the season in Kodi. It's the rest of the episodes that needs refreshing. What I did to correct the issue is target the series that are problematic. In the metadata manager, select the series and refresh all metadata so it also refreshes your seasons and episodes. This correctly replaced the old airsbefore values still in the Emby database, and now Kodi reflects the correct order. Let me know.

I refreshed Veep and it indeed corrected the issue.  Rather than go through and manually check each season of all 91 series I have I could simply refresh my entire TV library without any negative side effect, right?  So are you saying that this issue is fixed and should not return?

• Like 1