Bitrate Limit Not Working.

soloam

intellium

I wasn't satisfied about this being some 'unknown' random occurence, so I did some more digging and testing...

Installed a clean machine within my netwerk and setup Kodi and the Emby addon. To my suprise, it didn't work so I started comparing settings with my own client and found out what was causing the issue.

It seems to be related to HAProxy, which I have running for all proxy/load-balancing entry points into my network. My internal network makes use of the same HAproxy. 

The reason why it was working on my PC, was that it was connected through 'Emby connect' instead of the manual server entry I put in. Not sure why though, probably it being late and me not paying attention. 

Turns out that everything that runs through HAProxy has this issue in Emby (Except for the Web client). When I leave out the HAproxy, transcoding works. 

Now, this is a setup that used to work perfectly, and I'm not sure what changed in Emby so that it stopped working. I'm not doing anything special in HAProxy, but since this issue I've been testing with some settings to see if I can find how I can make it work again. So far, no solution yet...

This might be warranting a new topic at this point, but just to update (and to ask here): Does anyone have any issues (or a working setup for that matter) utilizing HAProxy for SSL termination with the latest Emby beta server ?

intellium

For now I have given up :(

After a day of messing with it, I couldn't get the external clients to work at all. I've now port forwarded directly to the Emby container which made everything work instantly for all external clients.

I have around 25 sites and 10 other services (Activesync, Plex, etc.) running through the same HAProxy container, and they all work flawlessly, but Emby just doesn't want to play nice it seems... And it pisses me off that I can't figure it out!

I must have tried every setting available within HAProxy today to get it to work, but it all keeps running into the same issue; Transcoding not working anymore. At this point I can only conclude it's something in Emby preventing it from working correctly. I'm open to any tips or a simple response like 'Works for me'... But for now I had to go back to direct access (yuck) for just Emby, as my family is starting to complain they're missing their shows :(

• 1 year later...