Emby on ARM (no transcoding)

philby
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

philby

Reading about the Emby package for Synology DSM out today, I wonder if/when there might be a package for non-Intel CPUs.

My ds416j is probably quite slow for what Emby would like to be doing, but since I transcode everything in Handbrake and iFFMPEG anyway, it'd be used a pure playback and (very pretty, from what I can see here) digital media database.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @@solabc16

Thanks!

I only just noticed that you'd notified me – and have already been playing around a bit with Emby/Synology. Looks good, when it very occasionally works  :) .

Cheers

Phil

solabc16

Hello @@philby

Thanks for the feedback, the latest release (3.0.7300) is available if you haven't updated yet.

What in particular are you having trouble with?

- James

Edited by solabc16

Hi @@solabc16

I'm running the latest version, AFAIK, but can't get Emby to add any directory to any library.

Apparently this might be due to a difference between a "Online Web App" and a "Local Web App".

I'm not sure what that means, though, since to me a Web App is, by definition, sort of always online, and I can't see how a web app could be local on a Synology NAS. 

This will certainly be cleared up soon :)

Thanks, Phil

Happy2Play

The web app is accessing a online version of the server that is a different build then your local installation and attaching your configs and media.  That is why you notice a different version number in the dashboard.

Here is an example from the dashboard.

As to your comment in other topic about access.

local IP:8096 As shown in the dashboard for local access

If external then app.emby.media or external ip:8096

solabc16

Hello @philby

The "Local Web App" refers to the instance of Emby Server running on your NAS, by default you would access the server manager using http://<NAS IP>:8096/web/dashboard.html

You will see a link to this in Package Center under the Emby Server package and under DSM's Main Menu.

- James