Studio images project

Luke

How long would it take from the images being incorporated to git and MB3 Server to start downloading it?

I noticed some of the files I created about a week ago are not yet available for download (for instance, some of those that were merged today... but also some merged several days. E.g. Televisió de Gatalunya, and several others with accented characters... could this be an issue with accented characters in some cases? I created folders using the exact same name in the studios list.

trusselo

They would be included with the next release of media browser server

Edited by trusselo

They would be included with the next release of media browser server

Not correct. Mb server downloads them from git they should be available immediately

@@Smaky if the names are exactly the same in the git text file then they should be downloaded if they are not then it may well be the accented characters.

trusselo

Really? That's cool.

Never would have thought of using git as a type of on-demand file serving service.

But at the same time that's exactly what it is

Mind--> blown!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Edited by trusselo

I guess something is not behaving properly... for instance:

For France 2 Cinéma, this is how it looks in web client:

52ef318e7e24b_France2cinmasample.png

Then in the master respository the folder for the stuido looks like this:

52ef31b5595ed_france2cinmasample3.png

and in the studiothumbs.txt is is listed like this:

52ef31e622c1b_france2cinmasample2.png

So everything matches.. but editing the studio and refresing metadata manually bring no thumb, nor trying to download it manually:

52ef3250880c5_france2cinmasample4.png

However, this does not seems to be an accented characters issue as I face the same situation with Imax Film Entertainment and Intandem Films.

@@Tikuf by force refresh, I guess you mean this, right?

52ef4255b3c6f_sample2.png

And the folder under C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\Studio

looks like this...

52ef428e7f952_sampe3.png

which matches the names in the master... and txt file. Unfortunately, still no go.

Hmm.. interesting force refresh worked for IMAX... but not for the other one (with accent)

More data... this is what I got while trying to manually download the image for Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) and Konami Corporation Ltd. (Notice it ends with a .)

52ef469e6c58d_sample4.png

Edited by Smaky

Ok looks like a bug?  @@Luke

Smaky, Luke is pretty busy with a few changes we are making atm can you post it on git with as much info as you can (screenshots , logs every thing you can think of that may help) 

It will be well down the list I am afraid.

Edited by Tikuf

fantaxp7

So since I am using My Channel Logos for WMC to get logos is that blocking the channel logos that I see here from being used?

Thanks

I continued to check on all the studios (about 63) I recently added. Only those with special characters (e.g. accents or periods at the end). What kind of information would be useful to narrow this down?

I am troubleshooting this on a case by case basis.

* ILM: My bad, named the file thumbs.jpg instead of thumb.jpg (fixed)

* For Konami Corporation Ltd. - Problem here is the '.' character at the end, the folder gets named without a '.' at the end; I managed to create the folder by means of mkdir "\\?\C:\Folder with Dot.". Lets see if this fixes this one.

* For Canal Sur Televisión - this is what the log shows:

2014-02-03 21:02:25.1790 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP GET http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/Studios/Canal Sur Televisión/RemoteImages?type=Thumb&startIndex=0&limit=10
Ip: [::1]:58634. Headers: Connection=keep-alive,Accept=text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8,Accept-Encoding=gzip,deflate,sdch,Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.8,es;q=0.6,ja;q=0.4,Host=localhost:8096,User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1700.102 Safari/537.36

I noticed calling directly the URL would show this:
52f058b5c151d_error.png

Not sure how this call will bring the data from git. But it seems special characters are causing an issue. Not sure how to proceed from here.
Edited by Smaky

On some of the studios, I am getting this in the error log:

2014-02-07 02:19:21.0599 Warn - StringMapTypeDeserializer: Property 'studio' does not exist on type 'MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.GetDashboardResource' and the image would not download.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on getting the special characters issue fixed? I can do .Net programming so if help is needed I´m up to it.

I guess this may be a way to bring my old programming skills up to (it´s been a few years) so while you tackle with the big ticket stuff I guess I might take a look at this one... how can I start up?

• 1 month later...
Smaky

Have anyone got the time to check on the special characters issue? I have not yet got the time to do it myself.