Studio images project

Luke

Delphi

I love that we are adding these images to the core product for a better out of box experience. Thanks.

And here is my first contribution.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=79BE69E85495F843!28963&authkey=!AH1WL4ugn7zxuGU&ithint=folder%2c

Including:

• BBC Three
  • PBS
  • UPN

Also, I see that you have the old SciFi logo already, but it is filed under SiFi

Added these to the github will post a merge soon

Delphi

If anyone wants to throw a list on here of images to be made, I'd be happy to do so.  I could just upload them here for someone to add to their fork on github.  I just don't want to dedicate time to an image that hasn't made it onto github, but is done.  Or is it better for me just to go to the github list?

I'm just going through my studio list alphabetically adding ones that are missing, if you start at z on move backward i know we wont overlap... if you post them here i can push them onto github for the community...

Edited by Delphi
  • Like 1

gcw07

How obscure of a studio is too obscure?  Or is there no limit?

If you can find it and build the image, great. Even for obscure studios. Doesn't really hurt anything because it will only download for the user if they actually have an item with that studio.

• Like 1

Cool. Now grab the url from the home page of your newly created fork. Then find a folder on your computer that you want to work in. Right click -> git clone. In the first text box, enter the url of your fork.

Thanks, nice one. Tikuf and others are submitting pull requests too, so you need to know how to keep your fork up to date. 

from inside the directory right click -> git sync -> then in remote url enter the original repo url

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Resources

this will pull down all the latest changes. then you commit them to your repo. you should do this anytime you want to submit a pull request, so that you're submitting against the latest.

• Like 1

Brendon

Cloned (had to track down the git.exe and .dll) i now have a copy of the fork locally

ok so let's go through adding one studio. drill down into the images folder, by images by name. create a new studio folder and image. the image file name should be all lowercase, and right now the downloading is limited to jpg (although mb server technically supports others).

then go into studiothumbs.txt, and add a line for the new studio. it is case sensitive and must match the folder name exactly. try to use notepad or notepad++ so that all formatting is preserved and the diff will be able to show exactly what line changed.

when done, right click -> git sync -> commit -> enter a comment, hit ok -> click push

once it's uploaded, go to the web page for your fork, near the top right click pull requests -> new pull request. submit it

Brendon

all too easy mate, let me hit photoshop and do a couple first and i'll get back to you, i'll have to have a look what's needed

Is this to be for all studios? ie. Movie/TV and Game (Record Studios?)

Let's also make sure they're all nice and sharp and decently high res. Rather just wait and find something good then do a crummy one just to have it

• Like 1

yea we currently don't have separation for games. 

just make sure they all stay to the same 16*9 tile-like convention. so no transparent logo sort of things.

• Like 1

Brendon

Holy Crap Batman, i have 1673 studios in my IBN, there are 506 in GitHub, you weren't kidding on the needing help front lol

no probs on the convention luke, just did up a template to your specs, so it's back to being creative for a bit.

we're going to need someone who can figure out how to do github pull requests. it's actually pretty easy. right now Tikuf has been doing them but we need to keep him on improving our streaming.

i've added placeholder txt files for musicgenres and gamegenres

whoever adds the first images will have to create subfolders

musicgenres

gamegenres

Brendon

@@Luke sorry mate got sidetracked with this ridiculous thing called sleep, doing some now.

So no-one is wasting time doing dupes..

I am currently doing the Australian TV Networks, will also do the new HD off-shoots and the major regional channels as well, peeps may use them for recorded tv. Will follow up free-to-air channels with our Foxtel channels.

• Like 1

Delphi

@@Brendon I'm currently working on Movie Studios, i have finished what I can do in the range of 0-9 and A-C, posting my last C to github shortly...

I've submitted pull requests for all the studios I have from #-E... off to sleep for a bit... maybe...

Edited by Delphi

Brendon

All 31 free-to-air Australian TV Networks done! Will get them to GitHub shortly, take a looksy here if you like.

I did the 4 major shopping channels as well, there are 2 or 3 obscure ones i cannot find logos for (of any usable quality), but god only knows why anyone would record tv shopping shows anyways lol

Will start on the Aussie Pay-TV Studios/Networks next.

Edited by Brendon

yardameus

I was curious as to the best way to post images that I've done.  Should I just post the image with a label for the studio name?  Or what is the best way to share them in their folders?