Studio images project

Luke

Team,

With the next server release we will have our own set of built-in studio images (yes, your custom ones will still override). 

At the moment we only have a small selection. Please see the attached screenshot. We are looking for 16*9 studio images similar to what see here. If you can contribute, please post them. Thanks.

Untitled.png

• Like 5

Tanamur

Hi @@Luke - I am not sure if you utilize this now but Logopedia has a wealth if high quality images for studios.

Here is the section on Television channels, stations and networks

http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Television_channels,_stations_and_networks?sort=alphabetical&display=exhibition

Check out the new Golf Channel logo!

Thanks. We're looking for people who can do the legwork of putting them into studio folders as a thumb.jpg.

Tanamur

Thanks. We're looking for people who can do the legwork of putting them into studio folders as a thumb.jpg.

I am happy to help. My knowledge of graphic editing is limited (clear art creation, aspect ratio, etc.) but I can certainly help create folders and place the images in them. Point me in the right direction  :unsure:

Tanamur

Ok, so let me make sure I have the specs/idea right:

• 16:9 = 1.776666666666667 aspect ratio - fixed
  • 1066 pixels (width) x 600 pixels (height) @ 72 dpi - preferred size given the fixed aspect ratio
  • new "metro" flat look with no beveled or 3D edges seems to be in fashion

New Look  :) 

52c2e7362f166_thumbdiscovery.jpg

Old Look  :P 

52c2e9c7b2a8c_folder.png

Have I got it? Thanks, Tanamur

Here's a few I made this morning

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mea2rze0w6klssi/pxMfE3tIIE

Dropbox contains:

3 Arts Entertainment

20th Century Fox

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

20th Century Fox Television

21 Laps Entertainment

24P Media Group

1492 Pictures

1984 Private Defense Contractors

2929 Productions

After Dark Films

Alcon Entertainment

Aldamisa Entertainment

post-227-0-91474600-1388507234_thumb.png

post-227-0-04132400-1388507243_thumb.png

• Like 2

exactly. there are some that we already  have but just need to create more aliases for

gcw07

Got it thanks - Hehe you have to check out the details on the history and branding of logos like Discovery here http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Discovery_Channel

That was the site I was going to post too in this thread. Just so that we can get the most up to date version of the logos if we are having to make them.

• Like 1

JHawk111

I love that we are adding these images to the core product for a better out of box experience. Thanks.

And here is my first contribution.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=79BE69E85495F843!28963&authkey=!AH1WL4ugn7zxuGU&ithint=folder%2c

Including:

• BBC Three
  • PBS
  • UPN

Also, I see that you have the old SciFi logo already, but it is filed under SiFi

• Like 3

Brendon

I guess you just got me on board as well, the last release made my studio icons look horrid now, they all seem to be stretching and low-quality ones, well you know...

thanks. mb server supports png, i just hard-coded the downloader to only look for jpg's in github. i suppose i could improve it for the next release but for now they have to be jpg.

• Like 1

technically it doesn't matter but might as well stay alphabetical since we have it that way

• Like 1

yardameus

If anyone wants to throw a list on here of images to be made, I'd be happy to do so.  I could just upload them here for someone to add to their fork on github.  I just don't want to dedicate time to an image that hasn't made it onto github, but is done.  Or is it better for me just to go to the github list?

• Like 1