Guide not loading

jds828

jds828

@punktchen, Yes I still get the errors in the logs and only 1 day of EPG irrespective of how many days I set. On a plus side from and end users point of view, the TV works. Unfortunately it stopped again on IOS but I've not had chance to look into it yet.

I am curious why Mediaportal threads seem to mainly be ignored by devs and admin. Is it a taboo subject now or is it a bit more personal than that? I'd have thought that the more backends Emby supports, the better it is for Emby as a whole.

pünktchen

I am curious why Mediaportal threads seem to mainly be ignored by devs and admin. Is it a taboo subject now or is it a bit more personal than that? I'd have thought that the more backends Emby supports, the better it is for Emby as a whole.

Don't know what's going on with @@Luke

I'm always polite.

jds828

I wasn't implying you weren't punktchen, It's just an observation.

Maybe I was hoping for a bit more openness about where server/plugin issues are and how best to fix them. 

pünktchen

It's resolved in the beta branch

Only for TV Guide and Suggestions!

Not for Channels and Timers!

Channels:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets never called.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called for every channel that has guide data!

Timers:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called only one time.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called one time normally + one time for every schedule the first "TimerInfo" returns!

Edited by pünktchen

pünktchen

I've taken a brief look and I don't believe that's true.

My logs tell me a different story.

jds828

I'm not going to pretend I understand everything in the logs so ignoring them for a moment here's what I see...

The guide loads very fast.

No matter how many days EPG I set, I only get 24 hours. If I keep scrolling to the right the EPG starts going down the program list after the 1 day. I'm a noob, ignore this.

If I start watching a film (on TV) the guide doesn't move so after the film ends the EPG will still be on say 09:30 (film start time) and not moved to 11:00 (Film end time)

The seconds on the clock in ET only move randomly when the minute updates.... could this cause any issues?

I've just put the new beta server and ET v2.0.5 on this morning

Edited by jds828

jordy

@@jds828, to see past the current 24hrs, change the EPG date - click/touch the date above the channel list and you will get a date pop-up to select from. Assumption is that to display, more than 24hrs in one screen will be too heavy a load on the interface, especially if you have a large channel list. :)

• Like 1

pünktchen

I've taken a brief look and I don't believe that's true.

@@Luke just to proof my statement i've disabled the tv backend call from

public async Task<IEnumerable<TimerInfo>> GetTimersAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

in my plugin code and return a logging line only instead.

You can see the excessive call for "TimerInfo" when i load the channels view in the webinterface.

The same would happen in the timers view for every single schedule.

server-63593474656.txt

pünktchen

Any news or comments on the problems @@Luke ?

I've also installed the NextPVR backend and plugin for testing.

There absolutely the same things are happening as with the MediaPortal plugin!!!

I have 14 channels in NextPVR and if i go to the Channels view in Emby's webinterface, i get 14 times this line in the Emby log:

HttpClient: HttpClientManager POST: http://localhost:8866/public/ManageService/Get/SortedFilteredList?sid=5c9c5462a4d94d928aa25314bd53334c
App: [NextPvr] Start GetTimer Async, retrieve the 'Pending' recordings

I have set 4 schedules in NextPVR and if i go to the Schedules view in Emby's webinterface, i get 5 times this line in the Emby log:

HttpClient: HttpClientManager POST: http://localhost:8866/public/ManageService/Get/SortedFilteredList?sid=5c9c5462a4d94d928aa25314bd53334c

server-63593684301.txt

MadibaJ

I'm itching for this to get this resolved as I need the Live TV to work for my switch from Kodi to ET2.

I assume this will still be a while away as it'll need to be fixed in the beta and then later released in a stable build.

jds828

@MadibaJ

Live TV is working, the guide is working.

It does seem that there are some issues still to be ironed out but it looks more and more like, if you don't use a HDHomerun or IP based tuner, there isn't really any support or interest from the Emby devs. This raises the question of how long the plugin devs of other backend software will keep working on them before they decide it's not worth the trouble.

For now ET v2 is working well. I don't use the stable server so I can't comment on that.

Any news or comments on the problems @@Luke ?

I've also installed the NextPVR backend and plugin for testing.

There absolutely the same things are happening as with the MediaPortal plugin!!!

I have 14 channels in NextPVR and if i go to the Channels view in Emby's webinterface, i get 14 times this line in the Emby log:

I have set 4 schedules in NextPVR and if i go to the Schedules view in Emby's webinterface, i get 5 times this line in the Emby log:

I'll have to look at the second one, but the first one has always been that way, it's nothing new. I can probably reduce it to one call though. ServerWmc was the first tv provider, and it doesn't support querying by a single timer id so that's why we always just get them all.

pünktchen

I'll have to look at the second one, but the first one has always been that way, it's nothing new. I can probably reduce it to one call though. ServerWmc was the first tv provider, and it doesn't support querying by a single timer id so that's why we always just get them all.

Thanks for answering!

I don't think it was always this way, especially for channels. I still have a stable Emby server from January somewhere here as backup. Will provide you some logs of this tomorrow.

pünktchen

Okay @@Luke attached are two logs from Emby Server Version 3.0.5866.0 with NextPVR and MediaPortal plugin.

As you will see in the logs, with both plugins "TimerInfo" is never called when entering the channels view!

And it is only called one single time for timer view!

This is how it used to be over the last year until your big changes this month :(

otherwise i would have cried much earlier...

Channels:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets never called.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called for every channel that has guide data!

Timers:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called only one time.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called one time normally + one time for every schedule the first "TimerInfo" returns!

server-63593954241_NextPVR.txt

server-63593955389_MediaPortal.txt

Edited by pünktchen

Spaceboy

Hello, so does this cause you delay when entering the channels and scheduled sections of the Web client? Because I don't see this with the Dvblink plugin, it all seems back to normal

pünktchen

Hello, so does this cause you delay when entering the channels and scheduled sections of the Web client? Because I don't see this with the Dvblink plugin, it all seems back to normal

Yes great delay! Just install an older version of the DVBLink plugin where caching isn't implemented yet ( lower than version 1.1.4)

and you'll see this also.

Edited by pünktchen

pünktchen

caching isn't possible in mp?

I do not want to do this, because it's only a bad workaround to bypass the obviously bug in Emby server!
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

I do not want to do this, because it's only a bad workaround to bypass the obviously bug in Emby server!

I understand!