Guide not loading

jds828

jds828

I just get a spinning circle when selecting the TV guide.

I thought this was just in ET but it does the same in the browser.

Latest Beta Server

@@Luke / Admins, the logs are for this.

Edited by jds828

I don't know. Logs look fine. this involves the media portal plugin, you're going to need to get help from the maintainers of that.

jds828

Thanks Luke.

Has much changed in the server from yesterday to the one today? It was fine on yesterdays one, stopped today after the update.

pünktchen

I just get a spinning circle when selecting the TV guide.

I thought this was just in ET but it does the same in the browser.

Latest Beta Server

@@Luke / Admins, the logs are for this.

Same for me on Dev Server [emoji17]

In my logs it looks like Emby is hammering the tv backend with neverending "GetSchedules" requests when i try to open the tv guide.

I know the MediaPortal plugin code isn't async yet, but even it were, it makes no sense to call "GetTimersAsync" every single second when one just wants to look at the guide. @@Luke ?

the guide refresh hasn't changed in a while. i don't really know what to say because i don't have a test setup for this.

pünktchen

the guide refresh hasn't changed in a while. i don't really know what to say because i don't have a test setup for this.

I can open my firewall port for you if that would help you to test?!

I just can't do it I'm sorry. I do not have the bandwidth to personally test every tv plugin. If you guys need different behavior with your tv plugin vs the other plugins, then that is fine, we can talk about it. But I am relying on you to do the research and tell me what those things are. The same goes for when there are playback problems. You have to get to know both sides to a certain degree, not just the MP side.

pünktchen

I just can't do it I'm sorry. I do not have the bandwidth to personally test every tv plugin. If you guys need different behavior with your tv plugin vs the other plugins, then that is fine, we can talk about it. But I am relying on you to do the research and tell me what those things are. The same goes for when there are playback problems. You have to get to know both sides to a certain degree, not just the MP side.

I don't think the MediaPortal plugin needs some special behavior vs the other plugins. We all are using Emby's live tv api and get json from requests to the tv backend. That was working for months until it broke now from one Emby Server update to an other without any change at the tv plugin/backend side.

I'm willing to look at the cause of this, but sometimes you are changing so much files at github, that github even isn't able to show those file (954 with you last update!!!). So where to start looking at?

pünktchen

@@jds828

We can only hope it fixes itself with some other Emby update or the other live tv plugins get the same problem,

otherwise the MediaPortal plugin has died today [emoji25]

I often mentioned it here in the forum - i'm not a developer, i just try to maintain the plugin. (mostly with the help of Google)

jds828

I know and I've seen you ask for help and admit your not a developer.

MP is still a very strong back end despite getting on a bit now. If I can help in any way I will but I design and build/Admin networks for a living and have zero experience writing this kind of thing...but willing to have a go.

Forgot to mention... The guide loads up but takes 1-2 minutes each time you go into it. That's on all devices I own.

Edited by jds828

jds828

ok, so it's not actually not loading

I found out by accident. I left ET running and noticed the guide was there. Closed ET and started again. I didn't stopwatch it but a couple of minutes and the guide came up. This happens every time the guide is loaded and it sent an i7 4790k from 6 to 30% (not fully looked into the jump yet)

pünktchen

ok, so it's not actually not loading

Shouldn't the guide use the datebase instead of refreshing from source?

jds828

Is this normal? 

2016-03-03 20:22:54.3113 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.99:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetSchedules
2016-03-03 20:22:54.3243 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.99:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetSchedules
2016-03-03 20:22:54.3383 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.99:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetSchedules
2016-03-03 20:22:54.3513 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.99:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetSchedules
In the logs there are lots of this line,maybe 100 plus.
Edited by jds828

pünktchen

that's what it does.

So it's probably a small bug in Emby after all i guess?!

The coming up next screen in live tv also takes some minutes here to show up the program i realized.

The channel view also shows the spinning circle, but i aborted it after 3 minutes.

The guide refresh task itself under "scheduled tasks" finishes normaly as it used to be.

pünktchen

Is this normal?

2016-03-03 20:22:54.3113 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.99:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetSchedules

2016-03-03 20:22:54.3243 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.99:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetSchedules

2016-03-03 20:22:54.3383 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.99:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetSchedules

2016-03-03 20:22:54.3513 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.99:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetSchedules

In the logs there are lots of this line,maybe 100 plus.

No that's not normal. That's what i mentioned in my first answer in this thread.

It should only happen if you look at timers or series schedules.

jds828

Yes your right. I started the guide at 20:48 and exactly on that time the above lines start and end at 20:49.??? when the guide loaded.

pünktchen

Okay @@Luke after some investigation of my logs, i can say with previous Emby versions i get one single call for "TimerInfo" by opening the guide.

With the new Emby version i get nearly 17000!!! calls for "TimerInfo". It's like it is doing this for every program in the guide.

Because of getting complete timer infos with the MediaPortal plugin is a really comlex task with many requests to the tv backend, the guide loading takes forever.

If i strip down the "TimerInfo" call in my plugin to some basics, the guide load is nearly instant. That's probably the reason why the guys of the other tv plugins don't realize any change - their timer info call is not that heavy as mine!

So the question is what and why have you changed in Emby that calls "TimerInfo" for every program when loading the guide?

Edited by pünktchen
  • Like 2

Spaceboy

Okay @@Luke after some investigation of my logs, i can say with previous Emby versions i get one single call for "TimerInfo" by opening the guide.

With the new Emby version i get nearly 17000!!! calls for "TimerInfo". It's like it is doing this for every program in the guide.

Because of getting complete timer infos with the MediaPortal plugin is a really comlex task with many requests to the tv backend, the guide loading takes forever.

If i strip down the "TimerInfo" call in my plugin to some basics, the guide load is nearly instant. That's probably the reason why the guys of the other tv plugins don't realize any change - their timer info call is not that heavy as mine!

So the question is what and why have you changed in Emby that calls "TimerInfo" for every program when loading the guide?

yep, exactly the same on the dvblink plugin, shame i was finally hoping to get to use theater!

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32225-live-tv-very-slow/

Edited by Spaceboy

jds828

@pünktchen,Thanks for still looking into MP...It's appreciated. Could the timeinfo error you found be related to the clock in ET? I've noticed that the seconds only move when the minute updates. When doing the guide the screen flashes and each time it flashes, the clock changes.

@@Spaceboy. Have you left the guide on a while? It does eventually come up but takes a while in both ET and the Web page

Spaceboy

@pünktchen,Thanks for still looking into MP...It's appreciated. Could the timeinfo error you found be related to the clock in ET? I've noticed that the seconds only move when the minute updates. When doing the guide the screen flashes and each time it flashes, the clock changes.

@@Spaceboy. Have you left the guide on a while? It does eventually come up but takes a while in both ET and the Web page

Yes, I do note that in my thread but it's 5 mins+. Thanks though!

arthurd123

No TV Giude data with DVB Link latest plugin, can anyone please look at my log file?

It does work with the latest Emby Theater app but it takes an age for it too appear. No TV guide in the Emby web GUI at all. I'm getting suggestions only.

Many thanks
Arthur

server-63592795022.zip