Guide not loading

jds828

Spaceboy

What's quite annoying is that stable beta and Dev were all updated at the same time with this same problem. So the guide is completely inoperable to anyone not running embytv at present

• Like 1

jds828

I've had 1 day since buying premiere that I could use "most" of the apps. The rest of the time it's been one thing after another. When I sent logs to the admin they said "they look fine" but I could see line after line that were the same as I posted earlier. I was disappointed with Luke's reply about how he can't test all the plugins. I can understand that he can't do everything but to just point blank blame the plugin with zero offer of help to the guy trying to keep it running and then what seemed to be very short abrupt replies. Now the thread just goes ignored.

Not sure what to do now. I think the new ET looks great but when it only partially works, not so great. If there's problems...fine, but let us know. Don't just ignore!

pünktchen

@@Luke the bug also affects other live tv screens! To sum it up:

Guide:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called one time when entering tv guide.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called for every item in the tv guide!

Coming up next:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called one time for every category.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called one time for every category + one time for every item in every category!

Channels:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets never called.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called for every channel that has guide data!

Timers:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called only one time.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called one time normally + one time for every schedule the first "TimerInfo" returns!

Only Recordings and Series Schedules aren't affected by the bug.

I'm pretty sure this also happens with Emby native tv, but because there's no route through network to a seperate backend

that has to respond to all those requests, no one notice this.

• Like 1

jds828

Latest Beta installed today.

IOS: No guide. Spinning circle only - Fixed

Web: Spinning circle and eventually loads - Repeats each time guide is accessed Fixed

ETSpinning circle and eventually loads - Repeats each time guide is accessed Fixed

:)

Edited by jds828

Android TV: ... Repeats each time guide is accessed

Are you sure about that?  The app caches the guide information for 60 minutes.

jds828

I had a program on yesterday for about 20 minutes, came out of the guide then back in and got the twirly.

I will double check it again tonight though to make sure.

Tried it tonight and worked as you said.

Sorry about that, other post edited.

No problem.  The caching isn't actually as simple as just 60 minutes.  It actually looks for likely program change times so, perhaps, your previous test crossed one of those.  The point is that repeated requests for the guide within a short time-frame shouldn't need to completely re-load it.

t.andre

Hi,

I have checked the source code and find out in the class LiveTVManager.

The line 1567 is causing the issue with the above code

await AddRecordingInfo(recordingTuples, CancellationToken.None).ConfigureAwait(false);

It was added 5 days ago.

I hope that's help.

Edited by t.andre
  • Like 1

jds828

@@ebr It's a nice stable app and does the job very well.

@t.andre Let's hope your findings lead to a fix on other devices.

pünktchen

Hi,

I have checked the source code and find out in the class LiveTVManager.

The line 1567 is causing the issue with the above code

await AddRecordingInfo(recordingTuples, CancellationToken.None).ConfigureAwait(false);

It was added 5 days ago.

I hope that's help.

Great finding! Now you only need to convince Luke to revert those commits.

joelang6126

Same issue here with DVBLink Emby Premier 3.0.5882.0 No guide displayed just the spinning circle.

jds828

Updated to the latest beta this morning..

ET v2.0 loaded the guide very fast.

Thanks to everyone involved for finding and fixing ;)

Edited by jds828

t.andre

@@Luke, it's possible to cache the recording info once ? In that case te call on the server is not executed for every channel or program? Thanks

t.andre

Hi,

I have updated DBVLink  to version 1.1.4.

- Add recordings, channels and scheduled cache (1mn for recordings and scheduled and 60mn for channels)

Can you guys test to see if it works correctly.

Cheers.

• Like 1

jds828

UPDATE: Tested a couple more today.

Latest Beta installed today (8/3/16)

Mediaportal TV Server

IOSNo guide. Spinning circle only - Fixed

WebSpinning circle and eventually loads - Repeats each time guide is accessed Fixed

ET v2.0.1Spinning circle and eventually loads - Repeats each time guide is accessed Fixed

:)

Edited by jds828

pünktchen

@@Luke the bug also affects other live tv screens! To sum it up:

Guide:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called one time when entering tv guide.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called for every item in the tv guide!   --> FIXED

Coming up next:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called one time for every category.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called one time for every category + one time for every item in every category!   --> FIXED

Channels:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets never called.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called for every channel that has guide data!

Timers:

With previous Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called only one time.

With new Emby versions "TimerInfo" gets called one time normally + one time for every schedule the first "TimerInfo" returns!

@@jds828 have you checked the other live tv sections also?

Look at your logs also, because if you have only a few schedules or few channels you probably don't notice this.

@@Luke you might want take another look at

MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations/LiveTv/LiveTvManager.cs

MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations/Dto/DtoService.cs

please?! For me only the "guide" and "suggestion" problems are fixed.

jds828

@@jds828 have you checked the other live tv sections also?

Look at your logs also, because if you have only a few schedules or few channels you probably don't notice this.

@@Luke you might want take another look at

MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations/LiveTv/LiveTvManager.cs

MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations/Dto/DtoService.cs

please?! For me only the "guide" and "suggestion" problems are fixed.

No I haven't. I've been on a course so not had much chance to look/post on the forum.

I'll have a read later today and let you know what the logs say.

jds828

@punktchen, Not sure I'm following what you wrote right.

"Other Live TV Sections"  If you mean on my server... I have created a group that has 123 channels in it. It does seem complete although it only contains today from what I can see. As for the logs, yes it does still have a lot of the line we spoke about earlier in the thread.

I don't really record TV but I'll set one up via Emby and see what happens.

pünktchen

@punktchen, Not sure I'm following what you wrote right.

"Other Live TV Sections"  If you mean on my server... I have created a group that has 123 channels in it. It does seem complete although it only contains today from what I can see. As for the logs, yes it does still have a lot of the line we spoke about earlier in the thread.

I don't really record TV but I'll set one up via Emby and see what happens.

You will have to set a series schedule for a daily news show to see how worse it behaves.

If you have guide data for 14 days you will see 15 times these lines in your log if you look at timers in the webinterface

and 123 times if you look at channels:

http://127.0.0.1:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetSchedules
http://127.0.0.1:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetSchedules
http://127.0.0.1:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/SearchProgramsDetailed&searchTerm="NewsShow name" 

It should only call this one time if all things behave correctly!

Edited by pünktchen

Spaceboy

@punktchen, i'm not sure i'm seeing this any more. havent checked logs but all of live tv is fairly rapid agaion now, even being remote from my server. i have the 10pm news set to record every day and always have and i don't see any delay in loading the timers or series screens, in fact they are faster than ever i would say. i don't schedule anything through emby because i find the dvblink web app much much faster but i have loads of recordings scheduled. i can check logs tonight

pünktchen

@punktchen, i'm not sure i'm seeing this any more. havent checked logs but all of live tv is fairly rapid agaion now, even being remote from my server. i have the 10pm news set to record every day and always have and i don't see any delay in loading the timers or series screens, in fact they are faster than ever i would say. i don't schedule anything through emby because i find the dvblink web app much much faster but i have loads of recordings scheduled. i can check logs tonight

You're using DVBLink and i'm using MediaPortal, that's a big difference.

Also t.andre has implemented some caching in the DVBLink plugin two days ago. That will speed up things for you.

But that shouldn't be needed at all if the Emby code would become corrected!