Photo

Plugin for LCD/VFD Screens [Windows] Imon Replacement - using FrontView Server Plugin

imon LCD VFD FrontVIew+ USB LCD VFDs SoundGraph VFDs

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 hedgehogg OFFLINE  

hedgehogg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Local time: 08:30 PM
  • LocationKent England

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

Not sure if this is a silly question :( 

Do I need Imon running as well or does this replace it?

#42 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • Local time: 05:30 AM
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:53 PM

Hi

Depends!   :)   (both are possible)

But depends on your LCD screen and what dll is compatible with it.

Most here as posted back a page seem to run it without imon (and that was my main reason to get rid of dodgy old code that is imon)

Glenn

#43 NOCHTPC OFFLINE  

NOCHTPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Local time: 03:30 PM

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:30 AM

I have frontview+ setup and kodi inputted in the remote server for frontview+.  I can't seem to get Emby to work, I installed the plugin in my server but when I go to frontview+ and try and input Emby as the remote server and the local server ip for the remote server ip in frontview+(tried remote access ip for remote server ip in frontview+) and I put the port for emby which is 8096, I click verify and nothing happens.  I tried restarting and still nothing.  Any ideas?

#44 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:38 AM

I have frontview+ setup and kodi inputted in the remote server for frontview+.  I can't seem to get Emby to work, I installed the plugin in my server but when I go to frontview+ and try and input Emby as the remote server and the local server ip for the remote server ip in frontview+(tried remote access ip for remote server ip in frontview+) and I put the port for emby which is 8096, I click verify and nothing happens.  I tried restarting and still nothing.  Any ideas?

Probably need a bit more info.

Are you in the right thread?  Are you using FrontView+ the application or LCD/FrontView+ API Plugin only?

As with LCD one - there is no where to enter details in FrontView+

Screenshots or log would be helpful.

Glenn

#45 NOCHTPC OFFLINE  

NOCHTPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:27 PM

578938d2b25ce_Untitled.png

This is what I am talking about, as you can see in the background I got kodi to work with frontview+ but emby is not responding to the info.

#46 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

Ok, wrong thread then.

You need to enter those boxes - for Emby because it is a server based app (unlike Kodi) you need to enter the server IP in the remote IP setting, along with appropriate Emby username and password.

Glenn

#47 NOCHTPC OFFLINE  

NOCHTPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:28 PM

I did, I entered EMBY as the remote name, then I entered the local access ip number from my emby server for remote ip, then the port # which in emby is 8096, then I clicked get from ip for the mac address, and typed the username and password for emby connect since i don't use a password for logging into emby server.  I get error bad parameters.

#48 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:03 AM

I did, I entered EMBY as the remote name, then I entered the local access ip number from my emby server for remote ip, then the port # which in emby is 8096, then I clicked get from ip for the mac address, and typed the username and password for emby connect since i don't use a password for logging into emby server. I get error bad parameters.

Hi
Need to set up emby user for Frontview

Pretty sure emby connect details won't work and probably cause of issue.

Also don't worry about MAC address - is not needed and can be left blank (can be used for wake up via LAN) but would get connection working.

If still have issues turn on debug and trace logging and restart - and try to connect again - pm me zipped log and happy to have a look.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by GlennNZ, 20 July 2016 - 03:33 AM.

#49 NOCHTPC OFFLINE  

NOCHTPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:59 AM

Still not working,  I will pm you the log, thanks.

#50 NOCHTPC OFFLINE  

NOCHTPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:03 AM

GlennNZ, just sent you the log.  Thanks.

#51 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:12 PM

Thanks - as PM - need FrontView log not Emby log.

Glenn

#52 NOCHTPC OFFLINE  

NOCHTPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:37 PM

GlennNZ, just sent you the log.  Thanks.

How Do I do this?

#53 NOCHTPC OFFLINE  

NOCHTPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:38 PM

Hi
Need to set up emby user for Frontview

Pretty sure emby connect details won't work and probably cause of issue.

Also don't worry about MAC address - is not needed and can be left blank (can be used for wake up via LAN) but would get connection working.

If still have issues turn on debug and trace logging and restart - and try to connect again - pm me zipped log and happy to have a look.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ho do I do this?

#54 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:15 PM

ho do I do this?

On FrontView Settings, Click Debug Logging and Trace Logging to enable.

Restart FrontView, try to logon.

Log is saved in %appdata%/FrontView+/log

Type %appdata% in a folder window

Go to folder Frontview+ and then folder log

Zip the log file and send.

GLenn

Edited by GlennNZ, 21 July 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#55 ssndriver OFFLINE  

ssndriver

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 09:30 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:01 PM

Hi,

I've just finished assembled a new HTPC with a Imon Ultrabay I have from a previous one. The new PC is running under windows 10 x64 (the former was running windows 7 x64 with the soundgraph software).

I followed all the steps described in this topic, but when I start LCD Smartie, I get the "Load of plugin failed with #126: the specified module could not be found" message. After going through several posts in the LCD Smartie forums, I believed this is a problem related to .net framework which is running under the 4.6.1 version and not the 4.0 one. Does anyone encounter the problem ? Reverse to the .net framework 4.0 is not a solution (although it seems to work for several people) as I need  4.5+ version for other softwares...

#56 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

Hi,

I've just finished assembled a new HTPC with a Imon Ultrabay I have from a previous one. The new PC is running under windows 10 x64 (the former was running windows 7 x64 with the soundgraph software).
I followed all the steps described in this topic, but when I start LCD Smartie, I get the "Load of plugin failed with #126: the specified module could not be found" message. After going through several posts in the LCD Smartie forums, I believed this is a problem related to .net framework which is running under the 4.6.1 version and not the 4.0 one. Does anyone encounter the problem ? Reverse to the .net framework 4.0 is not a solution (although it seems to work for several people) as I need 4.5+ version for other softwares...

Don't believe it will be .net framework version issue - as you can have them all installed at once. (At least I think you can )

Double check the dll you have selected within LCDSmartie - it likely relates to that selection.

& remember you do need to copy (and rename if needed the iMon Display Driver)

iMON_OEM_LCD.dll (iMON Display driver goes in LCDSmartie/display directory) Use if using iMON/enables icon support

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ, 26 August 2016 - 08:47 AM.

#57 ssndriver OFFLINE  

ssndriver

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

Don't believe it will be .net framework version issue - as you can have them all installed at once. (At least I think you can )

Double check the dll you have selected within LCDSmartie - it likely relates to that selection.

& remember you do need to copy (and rename if needed the iMon Display Driver) Glenn

Thanks for your reply.

The iMON_OEM_LCD.dll is installed in the LCDSmartie/display directory. The display works with screen 2 (LCDSmartie on 1st line, and date/time on the 2nd line) but not when trying to call a function with the FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll. I still believe this to be related to .net framework as I found several posts on the LCDSmartie forums telling about it (i.e. : http://lcdsmartie.or...6f732297da717).It's why I post here in the first place, to find if someone else had the same problem...

#58 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for your reply.
The iMON_OEM_LCD.dll is installed in the LCDSmartie/display directory. The display works with screen 2 (LCDSmartie on 1st line, and date/time on the 2nd line) but not when trying to call a function with the FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll. I still believe this to be related to .net framework as I found several posts on the LCDSmartie forums telling about it (i.e. : http://lcdsmartie.or...6f732297da717).It's why I post here in the first place, to find if someone else had the same problem...

You likely need to install the correct .net framework.

https://msdn.microso...549e41e(v=vs.90).aspx

You can have 4.0 and 4.5 and 4.6.2 all installed at the same time. If however you uninstall 4.0 (as per the linked post) obviously it won't work. But having 4.0 installed does NOT upset the function of anything else using 4.6.2 etc.

Still remains to be seen whether .net framework is the problem though.
Although check this setting as well: (either adding or removing)
http://lcdsmartie.or....php?f=5&t=2356

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ, 26 August 2016 - 10:56 PM.

#59 ssndriver OFFLINE  

ssndriver

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:21 AM

You likely need to install the correct .net framework.

https://msdn.microso...549e41e(v=vs.90).aspx

You can have 4.0 and 4.5 and 4.6.2 all installed at the same time. If however you uninstall 4.0 (as per the linked post) obviously it won't work. But having 4.0 installed does NOT upset the function of anything else using 4.6.2 etc.

Still remains to be seen whether .net framework is the problem though.
Although check this setting as well: (either adding or removing)
http://lcdsmartie.or....php?f=5&t=2356

Glenn

Many thanks Glenn for all your advices.

I finally solve the problem following the instruction of this thread : http://lcdsmartie.or....php?f=8&t=3377

I no longer have the #126 dll error when starting LCD Smartie, and the display is actually showing all the information I need when running kodi.

Hope this will help others.

Bruno

#60 akarpych OFFLINE  

akarpych

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Local time: 07:30 PM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:30 AM

Hi! I have a question. Is it possible to use a progress bar? And how can I change the number of displayed characters in a Function 5:
Returns Current Time of Playback
eg:
00:04:44 to 0:04:44? 
And is it possible to use a graphic equalizer?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imon, LCD, VFD, FrontVIew+, USB LCD, VFDs, SoundGraph VFDs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users