Emby Server 3.0.5860 stuck on database upgrade

gutterdone26

mine server is stuck at Please wait while your Emby Server database is upgraded. 39.13% complete.

and the log is full with.

Error HttpServer: Error this.ProcessRequest(context)(Exception while writing error to the response)

Objectnaam: SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse.

System.ObjectDisposedException

bij SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse.set_StatusCode(Int32 value)

bij MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.ErrorHandler(Exception ex, IRequest httpReq)

I doubt it's stuck, just give it time.

Still on 3.0.5861 and when I look in the Services Tab in Task Manager or in Services it says Emby is stopped and I get an error when trying to start the service so stopping the service to do the install as suggested above doesn't look to be a solution for me.

I'm going to try 3.0.5862 now. Is that in the Beta Windows Server download on the website?

Edited by Sammy

Happy2Play

its bin at 39.13 for over 8 hours

And does the time stamp in the log progress?

its bin at 39.13 for over 8 hours

Try shutting it down from the tray icon, then install the update from the website.

That's fine, just let that operation complete. Are you connecting to the web interface on localhost? the intention is that you not be able to connect at all and instead just see the plain text page with the %.

hinsdale2

Have updated to 3.0.5862... and still stuck at 2.46% (again, a very small database)

Side note: Shutting down emby server from tray icon hasnt worked since the issue began.  Hitting exit causes the emby icon to no longer respond when right clicked but does not close the emby server.  I have had to manually end the task using Task Manager. I have been rebooting the PC in between installing the most recent server updates.

The  Process Request error I am getting repeatedly is following:

Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse'.
System.ObjectDisposedException
  at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse.set_StatusCode(Int32 value)

at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.ErrorHandler(Exception ex, IRequest httpReq)

Not seeing control to attach text file to this reply.. but full log can be viewed here:http://108.72.119.8:81/server-63590109778.txt  (may take a minute to load.. home NAS server)
Edited by hinsdale2

That's fine, just let that operation complete. Are you connecting to the web interface on localhost? the intention is that you not be able to connect at all and instead just see the plain text page with the %.

"http://localhost:8096/web/dashboard.html"

I did see the plain text page with the percent complete at 3.78% or whatever it was earlier. I thought that was odd as it didn't change so I restarted the installation. This was still 3.0.5860. When this goes to stable a little more information needs to be displayed.

Edited by Sammy

Volfan6415

what did?

Ok so i primarilly run emby as a service.  And when I do the upgrades the first thing i do is kill the tray icon and start the service.  I was getting that error and never even saw a page where it said that the database was updating.   

WHen i killed the service and ran the tray icon and then tried to access the webpage i saw the page where it says the database is updating and the progress numbers were changing is moving.  I am going to let that finish and then close the tray application and restart the service and see if that fixes my problem.

What i talked about in my earlier post. 

When i stopped the service and then let the tray icon run and complete the database update everything is working now from the service.

I've posted another beta revision, 3.0.5863. This time I think it should successfully keep you out of the web interface while the process is going on. It's also going to add a lot more logging, and I do mean a lot. I will probably remove all of the logging for the stable release, but for now it might be helpful.

o% and allot of Error HttpServer: Error this.ProcessRequest(context)(Exception while writing error to the response)

Please post the log, thanks.

it will change. For you and Paul it's not an issue of performance, actually for you two it's not moving past 0 so i'm trying to figure out why. I've just posted 3.0.5864, so please try that and then provide the log. Thanks.

sodapop

Upgraded to 3.0.5863.0, did a restart of the computer and started the server. I didn't try to open a connection to the server so I cannot verify the status but there is no CPU or HD activity.

I've attached the log file.

server-63590118016.txt

Well aren't I special!

So should I reboot anytime here in these re-installs?

not the entire machine. that doesn't really matter.

sodapop

Upgraded to 3.0.5864.0 - this is creating a significant log file, just as you expected. The process appears to be running this time. More to follow...

• Like 1

Paul Koorn

the server is so much faster after the update holy smokes.

luke if u need any extra testing on the bug what might have caused it shoot me a message i will be glad to help. :)

It ran on the text page to 45% then it loaded the server:

Everything in the scheduled Tasks is up to date, freshly run (had to manually start Channels and TV Guide). TV Guide is showing this:

56b28804246b9_RunningTasks2.jpg

Thanks for getting this sorted out. Do you need a log?