Emby Server 3.0.5860 stuck on database upgrade

gutterdone26

.61 updates better.  Mine updated all the way to 45%, then stopped updating for 5-6 minutes and then suddenly completed and loaded the page.

The beauty of running a VM and using snapshots.

And no functional changes just better progress reporting, which to many makes all the difference.

MSattler

.61 updates better.  Mine updated all the way to 45%, then stopped updating for 5-6 minutes and then suddenly completed and loaded the page.

The beauty of running a VM and using snapshots.

And no functional changes just better progress reporting, which to many makes all the difference.

I do see one odd thing, my library has duplicates of some movies.

For instance:

This movie is available

\\tower\bluray\The Dark Knight Rises (2012)\The_Dark_Knight_Rises.mkv 

This movie is shows has another listing as offline:

\\tower\bluray\The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Anything I can do?  It happens for a bunch of movies.

Also, it appears the media library listing order, has been reset for every user.

*EDIT*  A library scan made the offline duplicate movie entries go away.

Edited by MSattler

doddsie

Luke all completed fine...got to 45% then couple minutes later all loaded.  Thanks

Love being on the beta channel (I know the risks) but always keen to check out new developments, with any update I take the server down update, test then put back, usually when the famo are working/school etc.

noticeably quicker on fire's, RK3188 box, and nexus 6 and 9

Thanks 

Doddsie

Installed xx61 and don't see any changes.

At first I got the following error on installing it:

56b1f10719bb7_Error.jpg

I shut down the running server and now I'm on xx61 and data base cleaner still says 0.0%.

I think I'm hosed. How to re-install clean and set up a new library?

pir8radio

@@Luke you might want to put some kind of message on the database upgrade screen as to how long this could take.  A long time to some is 20 mins.   ^_^   Mine had to sit over night to finish.  I was getting about .01% every 5 seconds.   

"Emby Database Upgrade in progress, this process could take up to 24 hours.  XX.XX% Complete"

I do see one odd thing, my library has duplicates of some movies.

For instance:

This movie is available

\\tower\bluray\The Dark Knight Rises (2012)\The_Dark_Knight_Rises.mkv 

This movie is shows has another listing as offline:

\\tower\bluray\The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Anything I can do?  It happens for a bunch of movies.

Also, it appears the media library listing order, has been reset for every user.

*EDIT*  A library scan made the offline duplicate movie entries go away.

Thanks, I will have the upgrade kick off a library scan when it is done.

• Like 1

I updated to 3.0.5861.0 and have the following running tasks. All but Clean Database were showing Failed in the Scheduler so I re-started them. All show 0.0% right now. I think I have progress because some Users were created (one duplicate) probably from the database re-build. I still cannot access my library though.

56b23eaa68c8c_RunningTasks.jpg

So it finished then? try stopping those tasks and just do one at a time. it's something i'll have to adjust during the upgrade process.

Here's the current status after killing all but Clean Database: I don't think it is complete yet as my libraries are not visible yet. When I click "Home" in the upper left I just get a spinner.

56b2442e4e554_RunningTasks.jpg

Edited by Sammy

gutterdone26

Mine has been stuck on 0.08% for almost a day. How long is a long time? I'll try posting a log when I get home. I did try going back to my previous version yesterday but then my media wouldn't show up and library scan failed, so I tried updating again to the new version but its been almost a day now on 0.08%.

sodapop

My system is basically dead at this point. The beta upgrade to 3.0.5860.0 happened some time yesterday afternoon but I didn't realize it until around 11 p.m. The CPU was pegged but there was no network or HD activity. I forced a shutdown and power cycled the computer. Once it was back up I started the server and left if run, again with pegged CPU and no HD activity, to cleanup the database. The log showed this happening every 5 seconds all night:

2016-02-02 23:09:36.2201 Error HttpServer: Error this.ProcessRequest(context)(Exception while writing error to the response)
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5860.0
    Command line: C:\Users\HTS1\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    Processor count: 2
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Program data path: C:\Users\HTS1\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\HTS1\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse'.
    System.ObjectDisposedException
       at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse.set_StatusCode(Int32 value)
       at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.ErrorHandler(Exception ex, IRequest httpReq)

2016-02-03 05:43:20.4719 Error HttpServer: Error this.ProcessRequest(context)(Exception while writing error to the response)
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5860.0
    Command line: C:\Users\HTS1\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    Processor count: 2
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Program data path: C:\Users\HTS1\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\HTS1\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse'.
       at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse.set_StatusCode(Int32 value)
       at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.ErrorHandler(Exception ex, IRequest httpReq)

After a few more attempts I upgraded to 3.0.5861.0 and cold booted the system. That log is attached.

There is no activity now - CPU is idle, memory usage is flat, but I cannot do anything. No scheduled tasks will run and the Clean Database remains at 0.0%

When I try to connect locally to the server or as a remote client the only thing that responds is the Manage Server tab.

server-63590105526.txt

Happy2Play

@@Luke

I wouldn't think so but all the logs I have looked at are for Legacy installs (\MediaBrowser-Server), only ones having issues?

hinsdale2

Having same issue.. database upgrade stuck at 2.46% for almost a day. I only have maybe 14 movies and 40 Tv shows.  I exited the server and installed 3.0.5861.. but is still stuck at 2.46%. 

Is a legacy install (started with Media Browser few years ago) I dont know if I still had logging turned on.. but cant access the server, nor do i know where the logs would be stored.

Edited by hinsdale2

As before, Clean Database just stays Stopping. I can click stop, shut down the server and restart it and there it is, running again.

This is what it shows now:

56b25e1f68478_RunningTasks2.jpg

I am still excited about this release because I know it brings forward faster loading of PlayOn and the LiveTV guide From what I understand.

sodapop

As others have pointed out, there is no way to get around running the Clean Database task - it starts as soon as the server starts and it cannot be stopped. The same applies to any other task that is manually started, there is no response when you try to stop it, other than the word 'Stopping' that appears.

I've attached a log of a fresh start with an attempt to stop the Clean Database task. I've left it sit for hours earlier today with no change.

server-63590109942.txt

Volfan6415

I guess my question is does it looks like this is normal?  I saw that the progress reporting was updated but is there anyway we can check the logs to see if something is happening?

My concern is clearly that it is hung up on something.

I too am on an upgrade from MediaBrowser 3. I think that the MB2.6 install before that has nothing to do with it because I had to rebuild my library on going to the server/client model that MB3 brought.

Is there a way to do a clean removal of this server version and all related sub files, then install it fresh, inserting the key back in for Premier access?

Edited by Sammy

Volfan6415

Ok so i primarilly run emby as a service.  And when I do the upgrades the first thing i do is kill the tray icon and start the service.  I was getting that error and never even saw a page where it said that the database was updating.   

WHen i killed the service and ran the tray icon and then tried to access the webpage i saw the page where it says the database is updating and the progress numbers were changing is moving.  I am going to let that finish and then close the tray application and restart the service and see if that fixes my problem.

Edited by Volfan6415

Paul Koorn

mine server is stuck at Please wait while your Emby Server database is upgraded. 39.13% complete.

and the log is full with.

Error HttpServer: Error this.ProcessRequest(context)(Exception while writing error to the response)

Objectnaam: SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse.
       bij SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse.set_StatusCode(Int32 value)
       bij MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.ErrorHandler(Exception ex, IRequest httpReq)