Emby Server 3.0.5860 stuck on database upgrade

gutterdone26

gutterdone26

This is what it says when I try to open the server after the latest upgrade:

Please wait while your Emby Server database is upgraded. 0.08% complete.

It won't move past 0.08%.

Suggestions?

Happy2Play

Did you read the Blog?  It can be a slow process if you have a large library.  How long has it been at 0.08%?

gutterdone26

My bad. I didn't see the note at the bottom about 3.0.5860.0.

It's been stuck at 0.08% for probably an hour now.

pclausen

My database upgrade took maybe 5 minutes total.  I have about 2,500 movies, 10,000 TV episodes and 50,000 people.  Performance is lighting fast now from all clients.  Truly a night and day difference.

• Like 2

mrtwopoints

Mine has been stuck at 0% for 30 minutes

An hour now. 0% Restarted the server, still no progress. Task Manger shows the server app is idling, no cpu usage.

Edited by mrtwopoints

Mine was stuck at 7.38% for a very long time. I needed to reboot my HTPC because it was causing issues while doing some remote maintenance. I cannot start the server manually either in the Services section of the task manager or in the Services. Also, in the last week or so, emby is not starting by itself when booting. I was about to put it in the task scheduler to restart when Windows starts but haven't got to that yet.

20160202 Emby Log.txt

These logs all look fine. You just need to get through the process. I think the progress reporting just needs to be adjusted to make sure the percentage is always moving.

Can we roll back to stable or the previous beta while all this is sorted out?

I don't think there's anything to sort out here, it's just slow for you and the progress % isn't moving so that's leading you to sound the alarm. I will adjust the progress reporting.

None of my media is watchable on clients right now.

Every once in a while an upgrade procedure like this is necessary. Thank you for beta testing.

• Like 1

Not a problem for me.. The WAF will be going down though but we've got plenty to watch and I can always load into MPC-HC directly from the folder in the meantime. She can too if I show her where the folder is for that matter.

Not a problem for me.. The WAF will be going down though but we've got plenty to watch and I can always load into MPC-HC directly from the folder in the meantime. She can too if I show her where the folder is for that matter.

On the bright side, here is what one user said after it finished

I have about 2,500 movies, 10,000 TV episodes and 50,000 people.  Performance is lighting fast now from all clients.  Truly a night and day difference.

Unfortunately the decision to force the upgrade vs doing it in the background is never an easy one. It would be great to do it in the background and allow you to continue to use the server, but then we have to diagnose even more issues about side effects that occur during the process. This time I felt that doing it all at once was the right way to go.

• Like 2

It is my pleasure to test this..

I will check the blog from now on before applying beta updates to ensure that I have sufficient time to do it.

• Like 1

Thanks. I have already found a few cases where the progress % would stop reporting so that will be improved when this does eventually hit the stable crowd.

• Like 1

I'm not sure. No CPU usage, no disk usage. No progress. It's not a large library and its almost been three hours.

It's processing only a single record at a time, I would not expect dramatic resource consumption.

MSattler

It is my pleasure to test this..

I will check the blog from now on before applying beta updates to ensure that I have sufficient time to do it.

Just make a backup of the server folder, and the database directory.  If it bails, fall back?  Too late for you now though......

I've posted 3.0.5861 which updates the progress reporting a little. If you want you can use the tray icon to shutdown, then grab the new build from the website.

mrtwopoints

This doesnt work for me either. Clean database is stuck at 0%. Getting an error when trying to install the stable release. Ended up removing my entire library, which is small to medium sized, but Clean Database stays stuck on 0%.

This doesnt work for me either. Clean database is stuck at 0%. Getting an error when trying to install the stable release. Ended up removing my entire library, which is small to medium sized, but Clean Database stays stuck on 0%.

And part of the beta process is getting a handle on how many people are just going to hit the panic button and attempt something such as this. Hopefully improving the progress reporting so that it's always responsive will deter people from doing that.

in your case you're going to have some issues on stable due to the database differences. I would stay on beta and just let the process finish.

MSattler

And part of the beta process is getting a handle on how many people are just going to hit the panic button and attempt something such as this. Hopefully improving the progress reporting so that it's always responsive will deter people from doing that.

in your case you're going to have some issues on stable due to the database differences. I would stay on beta and just let the process finish.

.61 updates better.  Mine updated all the way to 45%, then stopped updating for 5-6 minutes and then suddenly completed and loaded the page.

The beauty of running a VM and using snapshots.