Another Chocolate Idea

ebr

This new view is available again in a dev version of Chocolate I just posted.  You will need to have MBC 108 and plug-in update level set to dev.

• Like 1

mentasm

Works a treat for me now.

Had a few shows where I had it opening into the 1st season even though there were more recent seasons with unwatched eps, but after collapsing that season and exiting and re-entering it went straight to the next unwatched ep.

I would suggest that it might be nice to have an unwatched indicator somewehre on or near the season banners, so you can tell if a collapsed season has unwatched eps.

I found myself wanting an easy way to collapse the current season.  If you have 20+ eps in a season and you are near the end of a list it takes a while to move up the list to the top to collapse the season.

Is there any way this view could be applied to the unwatched eps from the EHS?  I mailnly use the unwatched EHS screen to access my eps.  Would be cool if the same view was what was presented when you click on a show poster from the unwatched EHS screen.  Currently it just shows you the folders in a coverflow type view.  You can then enter the seasons and see only the unwatched eps.  I think it would be nice if the new view could be used in this case, with only the seasons and eps that are unwatched displayed in the left pane.  I think this would make the whole experience feel familiar.

Great work so far!  I really like it

Edited by mentasm

I found myself wanting an easy way to collapse the current season.  If you have 20+ eps in a season and you are near the end of a list it takes a while to move up the list to the top to collapse the season.

Use the left arrow.  That should take you back to the Season item and then you can collapse it from there.

ewcrider

Use the left arrow.  That should take you back to the Season item and then you can collapse it from there.

The left arrow takes you to the previous season if you're up to the halfway point in the seasons.  For a 26 episode season, [keyboard] left arrow on episodes 1-12 will take you to the current (expanded) season header.  13-26 take you to the next season header.  For a 15 episode season, episodes 1-6 go to the current season, while 7-15 go to next season.

is that the intended behavior?

It isn't so much intended as just the way WMC handles focus.  It is trying to move you to the closest item available.

• 3 weeks later...
jhoff80

I like the new custom view, but I'd like it even more if there was an option to start with all of the seasons collapsed.  Any chance of that being an option sometime in the future?

I doubt there will be such an option as the more obscure options like that you have the more complex everything is. Do you have the option to Default to First Unplayed Item checked?

jhoff80

I doubt there will be such an option as the more obscure options like that you have the more complex everything is. Do you have the option to Default to First Unplayed Item checked?

I do, and it's nice there for watching new shows.  For stuff that has already been watched that someone is re-watching though, that's where the issue comes in to play.  It either requires a lot of scrolling down, or it requires someone to know how to collapse the folders manually.  I personally know how to do it obviously, but that's not a guarantee that other people in my house trying to use it will. :D

AdrianW

For stuff that has already been watched that someone is re-watching though...

Why not simply clear the watched flag for the entire show? Then you can use Media Browser to keep track of where you're up to, instead of having to do it manually.

Note: The watched status can be toggled at individual episode level, season level or entire show level.

Or, if more than one person is watching the same continuing show at different times, then it would be best to create two users and switch between them (watched status is kept per user).

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

Yep - whenever I'm re-watching something, that is what I do.  Then everything proceeds along just as if it were the first time.

mentasm

Hi @@ebr,

Just thought I'd pass on some feedback.

I was noticing last night that I was still seeing some shows that were showing older seasons with 0 episodes in the new TV view.  I worked out that if I do a refresh on the season top level of each season it would refresh and show the corrrewct info.  Subsequent visits to the folder remain looking correct.

It seems the scheduled library scans on the server aren't enough to prompt chocolate to get the right info without any intervention.

Might be something peculiar to my installation, but though you might like to know.  I've just been fixing them as I come across them.

Other than that I'm loving the latest version of chocolate!

moviefan

I have spent this morning trying to find a replacement for Harmony and it seems that Chocolate is the only theme in MBC that doesnt show lag so kudos there.

I really like a lot of what it does.

One thing that I think would be a nice tweak is if it were possible to disable the white item highlighter in coverflow view.  It looks a little redundant and tacky to me here and I prefer how Harmony just leaves the zoom and focus as the obvious way of showing which item is selected.  I think the white border is nice in all of the other views, Just think coverflow could do without it.

EDIT:  I just noticed that I can do this in General View options so nevermind!!!

Edited by moviefan

pd veeps

Just went back to chocolate today. Tried out square for a little while but the lag was killing me. Chocolate is just super clean, fast, and very wife friendly.

I have a suggestion for the list view, or a how to question. I like to use list view for movie box sets as well as well as tv series, but the movie folder image is too small. How can I make this image larger?

Thanks

Sorry, you can't.  I can try constraining it by width instead of height (which would make portrait images bigger) and see what it looks like.

• 2 weeks later...
trusselo

sorry for the resurrection but didnt want to start a new thread for this...

does chocolate support movies / music soundtrack linking?

I have the movie 'From Dusk Till Dawn'  TheMovieDB ID : 755 set and fetches!

I have the Movie soundtrack set in my music collection with TheMovieDB ID : 755 and muisicbrainzID and groupID properly set.

they have been set for a couple days, library has been updated many times.

I do not see any button or link to the soundtrack, when looking at the movie in chocolate.. (only theme ive tried)

blade005

ebr,

Really like the Custom List View. I hope it becomes a standard view going forward and not just considered a custom 'one-off' option.

Any chance that a NEXT UP option/tab could be offered in the EHS screen like there is in WebUI, MBT and Android App?

ebr,

Any chance that a NEXT UP option/tab could be offered in the EHS screen like there is in WebUI, MBT and Android App?

Yeah I would definitely like to see that too. Instead of the latest or last played, etc., next up on the tv section would be great.

• Like 1

moviefan

One thing I am not a huge fan of how the custom list works is going backwards.  Rather than automatically selecting the item that was just backed out of, it always defaults to the first unplayed in the list.  Which for big collections with a lot of episodes can mean it scrolling up hundreds of episodes.  I think it would make more sense for it to just back out of the episode details page and leave the episode that you were just viewing as the selected one.