Another Chocolate Idea

ebr

One thing I am not a huge fan of how the custom list works is going backwards.  Rather than automatically selecting the item that was just backed out of, it always defaults to the first unplayed in the list.  Which for big collections with a lot of episodes can mean it scrolling up hundreds of episodes.  I think it would make more sense for it to just back out of the episode details page and leave the episode that you were just viewing as the selected one.

That's a bug.  Shouldn't be doing that.

And its a bug that is going to be very tricky to fix.

Just for my information, why do you navigate to the detail screen normally?

blade005

ebr,

I have toggled OFF the SHOW END TIME feature for all views in Chocolate, backed all the way out of MBC and re-started, yet the END TIME continues to be shown for all views.  Am I missing something?

Only the List view doesn't appear to respect the setting.  I just tested with CoverFlow, Poster, Thumb and Strip and none of them show it if turned off (no re-start is required).

blade005

Only the List view doesn't appear to respect the setting.  I just tested with CoverFlow, Poster, Thumb and Strip and none of them show it if turned off (no re-start is required).

ebr,

Ah. That's my issue. I have a large TV and Movie collection and find List View most effective for quick navigation.

moviefan

And its a bug that is going to be very tricky to fix.

Just for my information, why do you navigate to the detail screen normally?

I click on it and then click play to start the video...

I click on it and then click play to start the video...

You can just hit the Play button on your remote from the list...

hettar987

Hi,

I just wanted to thank you for adding customization options, especially the ability to view the full backdrops in coverflow view.

Thanks a lot for the theme  !

AlwinHummels

Thanks for this great free theme but I have one question is it possible to choose witch icon to use on ex. the genre lists / poster view I prefer the thumb icon above the folder. but can't figure out how to use this.

If it is not possible now to choose can you pleas add it to a future release :-) thanks a lot.

Edited by AlwinHummels

moviefan

You can just hit the Play button on your remote from the list...

I honestly didn't know that.  But there is no way I will be able to train the wife and others this as well.  They are all very simple people that understand to hit the up, down, left, right, select keys and that is about it.

Anyway, not a big deal, just a minor annoyance I was pointing out.

Edited by moviefan

trusselo

I dont even use a remote, took me years to find out about the "play" button,  however luckily, my keyboard has media keys (play/pause stop next prev).  Never thought to use them before, now i do alot.  I even programmed some of the buttons on my razer naga mouse to be play/pause next ect when MCE is open.  Programmed my dads mouse the same way.

post-287-0-33164800-1392679394_thumb.jpg

Edited by trusselo

mentasm

I think the majority of people will play from the detail view rather than from the list view.  It is the most intuitive way and the only way that has a play button to visually select.

I think the majority of people will play from the detail view rather than from the list view.  It is the most intuitive way and the only way that has a play button to visually select.

For me, it is much more intuitive to hit the play button from the list of items.  This is the same way movies work from any other view as well.  I actually rarely go to the detail screen for anything anymore now that so much information is presented in CoverFlow and the new TV view.

While there is no visual cue, I think every single DVR works this way so people should be used to hitting a play button from a list of items to play that item.  But, either way works.

• Like 1

CBers

I do as well - it's habit.

• Like 1

Thanks for this great free theme but I have one question is it possible to choose witch icon to use on ex. the genre lists / poster view I prefer the thumb icon above the folder. but can't figure out how to use this.

If it is not possible now to choose can you pleas add it to a future release :-) thanks a lot.

There is currently no option to select which image to show other than primary or banner.

AlwinHummels

There is currently no option to select which image to show other than primary or banner.

Thanks for your reaction, are there plans to make this possible in a future release?

Not immediately, but I may look at it later.  It will depend on how much impact it has on the layouts and how much work it is to add the configuration option.

• Like 1

AlwinHummels

Not immediately, but I may look at it later.  It will depend on how much impact it has on the layouts and how much work it is to add the configuration option.

Thanks Ebr no hurry ;-) other things are much more important 

philman84

Well done on the update, looks like lots of hard work, visually it looks neat and its a nice new take on things with some of the features you added and im sure many many others will think its great.

Me personally I guess im kinda stuck in my ways and was pretty happy with how things were before, it was just simple clean and just easy to use. Its just one opinion so dont take it to heart too much.

Is there anyway apart from installing a new theme to have TV Episodes and seasons appear just the way they were before hand in the earlier version? Id still love to see that as an option as there was nothing wrong with it.

I don't know what you mean by "appear just the way they were before" but there is an option in the config to turn off the specialized TV view.

philman84

I don't know what you mean by "appear just the way they were before" but there is an option in the config to turn off the specialized TV view.

Ah thank you, yes found what you mean, order has been restored :) happy wife happy life.

FYI - for those of you who have series with tons of seasons in them, the next version of MBC will fix the jump in list functionality so that you can just type in a number on your remote and this view will scroll to that season number.

• Like 3