Marin

Add a specific content type for classical music

FrostByte

Yes a composer field makes sense.

Thanks.  It would help when looking at Now Playing.  I think most people who listen to classical want to know the composer when listening

• Like 1

Craftymum

I am new to Emby and have been toying with this and Plex recently but the biggest drawback to both has been the lack of consideration for classical music.  when I listen to music, I want to be able to search for music by composer first Bach or Beethoven then chose the work.  So far, I cannot find any way to do this without totally reorganising my music (currently in itunes - but hey it's got to be somewhere!) 

I can see lots of posts asking for some changes to incorporate more tags, and a few comments from System Architect that this would be a good idea - but I need to know it is actually going to happen before I sign up as over $100 is significant for me.

So please - is this on the cards or not?

Luke

Yes it is.

• Like 2

chander421

Yes it is.

Finally! Nice! Thanks!

daedalus

Finally! Nice! Thanks!

i wouldn't be too excited until you see some real progress

• Like 1

Craftymum

Yes it is.

Fab thanks for the prompt response!  - how long are we likely to have to wait, do I need to make myself a work around solution or is this likely to launch soon?

llondru

Second this ... I have 500+ cd's pending to rip to a NAS, and I cannot begin until I figure it if it's worth it ... I would hate not to have the music sorted by composer... this is such a basic thing  :(

• Like 2