Sync not working

Deihmos

7illusions

After reading the logs I got a theory of what could be causing this..

Luke, I need your confirmation on this.

Trevor's deviceId contains both a "/", a "+" and a "=", could it be that our serverside parser fails on this since when parsing the command URL?

DeviceId=BwB+NgMA/DwDAF5iCABqGAUAsGwFAHnTBgABAAQA7g0EAF68BADW5AQA3OYBAKzBAgAUpQkA2Io=

http://serverurl:8096/emby/Sync/Jobs?TargetId=BwB+NgMA/DwDAF5iCABqGAUAsGwFAHnTBgABAAQA7g0EAF68BADW5AQA3OYBAKzBAgAUpQkA2Io=&format=json

Edited by 7illusions

7illusions

Thanks to @@devoid testing, we have now confirmed theory and the issue has been resolved. An update is on it's way to store

• Like 4

Awesome 7illusions !! :)

Although I wasn't currently having the issue, had it in the past.

Thanks for all your hard work

-vicpa

swhitmore

Thanks so much! I'm really keen to test this out. I do a fair bit of travelling and would love to start using this app again for that.

You probably are sick of bug reports now, but is it possible to look at the issue with video stuttering at the start of play? I'll do a detailed bug report asap, but I think a few people have reported the same issue.

Edited by swhitmore

Hi,

.367 came through the store for me about an hour ago. !

Edited by Vicpa

swhitmore

Hi,

.366 came through the store for me about an hour ago. !

Is sync working for you now?

Trevor68

Back home on my local network, new version looks quite promising. I can see all the quality settings, and easily created 2 sync tasks for my laptop using the app, 1 movie, 1 tv show.

They have been 50% ready to transfer for around 2 hours at the time of posting, will check them again in the morning.

swhitmore

They have been 50% ready to transfer for around 2 hours at the time of posting, will check them again in the morning.

Does running the Convert Media task manually start the transfer? I can't remember if there is a way to kick it off manually.

swhitmore

Unsure, as I always choose "original" so figured the files were just being transferred, not converted?

Yeah but I thought it might start the transfer anyway, even if its not converting.

Trevor68

Mmm, I think this app (and the server) have some pretty serious issues. Since returning home pretty much all my windows devices now have multiple entries in the device section of the server. All client take forever to connect since setting up the Connect Logon. Seems like they all connect via my VPN IP in LA.

Once I wait for that to finish, I can then change server and manually connect to my local IP, and there endeth the story, I will be of no further use in testing anything, as once the app is connected locally if I so much as glance at it sideways, it just crashes.

In more positive news, it would seem the movie I just synced to the Surface Pro began transferring instantly. Unfortunately it will take a day or so to travel the 10 feet from my server as its being transferred from Australia to LA and back again via my VPN. :-(

Is there a way to "opt" out of Connect, as I'm pretty sure setting it up has introduced most of these issues. I need to go back to manually choosing my server if I'm in or outside of my network.

Edited by Trevor68

7illusions

Ok, the double device thing is due to a new DeviceId, the old id was faulty so a new one had been created. @@Luke, next server release, can it remove devices with non alfanumeric id's?

For opting out from connect, just open the app and once logged in, click the uesr icon and select Logout. Once at the connect login-view, click skip and you can enter the server manually (if it isn't detected automatically)

swhitmore

Testing the new version now. The sync job was created yay! Thank you so much!

It's transferring now, and I'm noticing that the app becomes very unstable when syncing. It actually seemed ok while it was downloading off the server, but then once the file was being moved (I think?), nothing on the app would load, and I had to force quit it. Unfortunately it caused the transfer to have to start again. This actually happened a number of times.

I'm now trying the sync without the app open to see if that's more stable. To kick it off, I opened the app and closed it again. Will the background task do all the syncing, including moving into the sync folder? I'm not too sure how that task runs. It would be good to know if I should avoid using the app while the sync is running.

Edit: Ok from what I can tell be monitoring the network and disk usage, the background task only downloads it to a temp folder, then once the app is opened, it moves it to the sync folder. That happening right now, so I'll wait and see if it crashes again. Hopefully it will copy across ok.

Edited by swhitmore

swhitmore

Ok so I checked the logs, and this is the error I got

Sequence: 105
Date/time: 2016-01-27T12:43:44.1633142+00:00
Level: ERROR
Thread: 27
Logger: SyncService
------------------------
Error syncing new media
------------------------
System.Exception: There is not enough space on the disk. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070070)
   at MediaBrowser.OfflineSync.BackgroundFileTransferManager.<GetItemFileAsync>d__3.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Sync.MediaSync.<GetItem>d__1a.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Sync.MediaSync.<GetNewMedia>d__d.MoveNext()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.4.6.367_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.4.6.367","InstallationId":"6efac2b8-e2fc-4b97-ba61-b80fe4c9a3f6"}

Turns out, even with 17GB left, it won't sync a 11GB file. I guess this is because it needs double the space because of the temp file. Is it possible to have a disk space check? Currently the sync task just keeps looping, dumping the file in the recycle bin each time.

scanner50

Man, it's nice we have more people on this issue, sorry I've had things come up and I couldn't contribute more.

Anyway, was finally able to try it again this morning and I must say, great work on this! At least for me, it synced slowly (cheap Wintab) but was otherwise fine. I did have to reopen the app to get the job to kick off. So again, congrats!

swhitmore

Man, it's nice we have more people on this issue, sorry I've had things come up and I couldn't contribute more.

Anyway, was finally able to try it again this morning and I must say, great work on this! At least for me, it synced slowly (cheap Wintab) but was otherwise fine. I did have to reopen the app to get the job to kick off. So again, congrats!

I think the background task does do periodic checks for a sync job, but yeah, opening the app seems to do the trick. I think if the job created in one session, the app needs to close and re-open to start the sync. I'm not sure if there is a technical reason for this, but I think it's how it works.

swhitmore

This is the log when it crashed:

Sequence: 119
Date/time: 2016-01-27T11:41:28.5804414+00:00
Level: FATAL
Thread: 3
Logger: Application
------------------------
The application crashed: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.4.6.367_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.4.6.367","InstallationId":"6efac2b8-e2fc-4b97-ba61-b80fe4c9a3f6"}

Trevor68

Grrrrr, I think the Surface Pro must have also gone to bed! (sleep), last night it said transferring on the server and syncing on the app, this morning it was back to ready to transfer. Anyhow, woke it up, put it on charge and it thinks it is syncing again. God alone knows why it's taking hours on internal AC1900 network though.

I'll fire up some fresh jobs to the laptop and the cheapo chinese tablet today, see what happens.

Trevor68

Is it feasible that some instability crept into the latest update? After struggling for awhile I have managed to create a tv show sync to the laptop. , unfortunately my chinese tablet, my only previously working device, can no longer load the app at all.

It connects to my local ip, begins syncing, and then crashes within 30 seconds.