Sync not working

Deihmos

I'm not having any luck getting files to sync on the Win 10 app (running latest version). They just sit at 50% ready to transfer. Log has the following. Any ideas?

Sequence: 95
Date/time: 2016-03-17T12:59:47.8123673+00:00
Level: ERROR
Thread: 14
Logger: SyncService
------------------------
Error deleting item from device. Id: {0}
------------------------
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Implementations.FileRepository.<DeleteFile>d__5.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Sync.MediaSync.<RemoveItem>d__59.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Sync.MediaSync.<SyncData>d__41.MoveNext()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.4.6.367_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.4.6.367","InstallationId":"a2a712fd-f447-4212-85f4-a22dd9b0cc55"}

WebSpider

I'm having some trouble with the Win10 store app as well.

I've set up sync through Emby Connect succesfully, and the sync lists that are created via app.emby.media end up syncing to my local device. Great!

But: After reboot, my Win10 store app reconnects to the server, and somehow registers as a new device, with the same name. At this point, the app checks the sync lists, which are empty. It then deletes all synced content, and I get to recreate the lists on this device (which registers with the same name as the old one), and the party will start again after rebooting.

I've also tried going offline instead, to watch local synced content. No luck there either: The app will sit at the "select profile" prompt, where I can choose from 0 profiles. That's a rather difficult choice to make :)

App version is .367

Has anyone seen this? I can't seem to find anything in the forums/wiki, and will reproduce consistently with logfiles when needed...

Edited by WebSpider

peppzilla

Sorry to add to the miscellaneous issues, but I see it mentioned here that it is hard-coded to only allow syncing on the local network.  My issue is that I'm away from home for a while, and I was hoping to be able to sync while away.  I don't want to sync everything that will last me the month I'm gone, and I'd like to sync TV shows as they are added.  Since my connection is slow, it's nice to be able to sync at the slow rate so I have the files to watch full speed rather than a second at a time when I have to stream them.  The thing is, I swear this is how it worked before, just a couple of weeks ago.  Now, the sync jobs are created and they sit at 50% after conversion, Ready to Transfer, like some others here.  I don't have any of the other issues, though.  I can't test on my local network now since I'm not there, but is it really the case that I'm limited to my home network on Win 10?  I know this has worked before.  It didn't work 100% reliably, though, so maybe it wasn't supposed to do it at all.

Sorry to add to the miscellaneous issues, but I see it mentioned here that it is hard-coded to only allow syncing on the local network.  My issue is that I'm away from home for a while, and I was hoping to be able to sync while away.  I don't want to sync everything that will last me the month I'm gone, and I'd like to sync TV shows as they are added.  Since my connection is slow, it's nice to be able to sync at the slow rate so I have the files to watch full speed rather than a second at a time when I have to stream them.  The thing is, I swear this is how it worked before, just a couple of weeks ago.  Now, the sync jobs are created and they sit at 50% after conversion, Ready to Transfer, like some others here.  I don't have any of the other issues, though.  I can't test on my local network now since I'm not there, but is it really the case that I'm limited to my home network on Win 10?  I know this has worked before.  It didn't work 100% reliably, though, so maybe it wasn't supposed to do it at all.

There is a setting to control whether it only syncs on the local network or not.

peppzilla

There is a setting to control whether it only syncs on the local network or not.

Not that I can see.  The only sync setting I have is to set the location for the files.  I'm using app version 3.4.6.367.

neiluys

Hi - Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, latest App and Server builds

Everything works like a charm ( Thanks !! ) .. use it daily .... for some reason, every now and then, all the sync'ed content gets deleted ( I can see it in the bin ) and the sync needs to start from scratch .... any ideas ...

Hi - Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, latest App and Server builds

Everything works like a charm ( Thanks !! ) .. use it daily .... for some reason, every now and then, all the sync'ed content gets deleted ( I can see it in the bin ) and the sync needs to start from scratch .... any ideas ...

have you customized the sync location on the device?

Trevor68

It's happened both times I synced stuff for traveling, so when we get home tomorrow night I can give it a go again.

7illusions

I'm currently on a business trip, but once I get home I'll start looking into this.

• Like 1

neiluys

have you customized the sync location on the device?

yes I did - I tried c:\emby\.... also tried CSIDL_DEFAULT_MYVIDEO\EMBY\... same issue

Trevor68

I believe the move to the recycle bin only happens when I leave my local network, sort of like if you cancelled the sync I guess.

Also oddly, now that I have a few series syncing I notice Emby for WMC shows new episodes, but marks them as watched. Maybe it thinks they have been watched because they synced to another device I guess.

yes I did - I tried c:\emby\.... also tried CSIDL_DEFAULT_MYVIDEO\EMBY\... same issue

well my suggestion was to try not customizing it to see if it makes a difference.

• 1 month later...
neiluys

Still having sync issues ...

Changed Sync location to default as suggested ... same problem

Looks like it might also be related to server side upgrades ... I see to "loose" all synced content when ever the server version was upgraded.

Anything else I can try ?

Still having sync issues ...

Changed Sync location to default as suggested ... same problem

Looks like it might also be related to server side upgrades ... I see to "loose" all synced content when ever the server version was upgraded.

Anything else I can try ?

Can you please go through the process of reproducing this, then provide an emby server log?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

swhitmore

I'll add some logs when I get home, but I can confirm that sync also isn't working for me on the Windows App. I can get things added to the queue (which was the issue fixed in this thread), but it never seems to be added to the device.

swhitmore

Sorry, I forgot to chase this one up (been away on business again). Has anyone been able to get Sync working anymore?

Deihmos

It seems to be working fine.

Edited by Deihmos

Vicpa

Hi @@swhitmore

Sync has been working for me as well. The one thing I have noticed, that as of a recent new server "feature"... resync any content that has changed, one problem has arisen. It seems that anytime there is a new server build, I am beta but I would assume dev as well, The content is considered changed for whatever reason and is resynced. I would imagine if you have a lot of sync jobs and or are changing format this could create major problems.

Not sure if this is your issue but is something to check given the frequency of beta and dev builds.

-vicpa