Sync not working

Deihmos

Trevor68

pretty sure both were running the entire time. I have renamed the laptop, reinstalled emby and successfully got it to show as one device. Still cannot create a sync job as cannot populate the quality field. Created one using the web client, it says queued in the client, so a waiting game again.

Weirdly no joy on the android tablet yet either, maybe I should pull my ipad out and give that a go.

scanner50

Luke, the conversation has picked up over on this thread:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27798-sync-not-working/page-2

So I'm continuing the discussion there. Looks like at least one other person (Trevor68) is having similar issues. I'm postulating there that maybe it has to do with me being on the beta channel for the server? Thanks.

Trevor68

I use the beta channel, just updating to 3.05811 now. I was correct, overnight the movie is still cued up to sync with app open all night, so definitely not workong on my laptop. It did however work fine on my windows tablet, and my android tablet.

I would say its just a problem with my device perhaps, except others clearly have the same problem? happy to add whatever logs might help.

First confirm the version of the app that you have. it should be displayed in the windows apps control panel. thanks.

Trevor68

On both devices it is 3.4.6.363, they both connect to the same local server using the same account. The only real difference here is the laptop is Windows 10 Pro, and the Tablet is Windows 10 Home. I can also try some testing on my wife's Windows 10 Pro laptop, which I'm assuming will work given I see it as an option and I can use the quality field.

The common denominator between the people who are not working seems to be the inability to use the Quality field.

Trevor68

yes but weirdly i have one working device, so obviously the update a few weeks back is stepping in the right direction, as this has never worked on anything before now. :-)

scanner50

First confirm the version of the app that you have. it should be displayed in the windows apps control panel. thanks.

Luke, I too have 3.4.6.363

Trevor68

Just confirming my (freshly rebuilt) Windows 10 Laptop is still cued for transfer and its never going to happen. I think the last release has progress though, as my Windows Home (chinese) tablet is syncing ok and that's never happened before.

Trevor68

Hey scanner, do you only have the one windows device? My Windows 10 Laptop refuses to sync, whereas my cheap and nasty chinese tablet does, so a bit random here. I will test my surface pro and another laptop to see whats going on.

scanner50

Unfortunately I just have the one device to test on. And oddly it is a nasty cheap Chinese tablet like yours lol. Random indeed.

scanner50

Trevor, for your tablet that is working, can you initiate a sync successfully through the tablet's app, or does it also exhibit no options in the quality menu? Just curious.

Trevor68

It has the quality control. but that does not seem to mean much, so does my Surface Pro 3 and it also refuses to sync. I can see no pattern to this at all now. I have 3 devices, all windows 10, only 1 works.

The main laptop not working is shitting me to tears, so I totally rebuilt it with a clean install, still doesn't work, so I can assure you its an Emby problem at least.

All i have to offer without more guidance for testing is that Windows Home works fine, whereas my Windows Pro devices do not.

Ok, we're looking at this today but we really need clarification on what the issue is. 

Is the issue still the quality dropdown box being empty? If so, please verify you're running the latest version of the app.

Or, if you're able to create the sync job but it's just not syncing, it might be because we've currently hard-coded the sync process to only run when connected to your local network.

scanner50
Trevor68, on 23 Jan 2016 - 3:42 PM, said:

It has the quality control. but that does not seem to mean much, so does my Surface Pro 3 and it also refuses to sync. I can see no pattern to this at all now. I have 3 devices, all windows 10, only 1 works.

The main laptop not working is shitting me to tears, so I totally rebuilt it with a clean install, still doesn't work, so I can assure you its an Emby problem at least.

All i have to offer without more guidance for testing is that Windows Home works fine, whereas my Windows Pro devices do not.

Totally weird, I'm having the opposite experience. My tablet is Windows Home and it does not work fine. So maybe that is not a common denominator?

Totally weird, I'm having the opposite experience. My tablet is Windows Home and it does not work fine. So maybe that is not a common denominator?

Please see above post #42

scanner50

Ok, we're looking at this today but we really need clarification on what the issue is.

Is the issue still the quality dropdown box being empty? If so, please verify you're running the latest version of the app.

Or, if you're able to create the sync job but it's just not syncing, it might be because we've currently hard-coded the sync process to only run when connected to your local network.

Luke, the issue is multifold. Yes, my tablet is running version 3.4.6.363 which is the latest in the store, and it has the empty quality dropdown box. I figured it might be related, but if you think it's a separate issue I can post this separately. I can still choose to create the job, but the job never shows up in the app or server sync jobs queue.

I can create the sync job on the server side, but it is perpetually stuck. And both the server and device with the app have only ever been on the local network, in the numerous times I've tested the issue.

EDIT: yes, I saw your post, but wanted to address Trevor first.

Edited by scanner50

7illusions

Since the dropdown alternatives are missing, what language are you running the app in? (Thinking if it could just be a missing translation)

7illusions

Ok. A new version is rolling out in store right now, 3.4.6.365,once you've gotten that version, can you try sync again? I doubt it sorts your issues, but it's a slim chance it might one of them.

Thanks

Luke, the issue is multifold. Yes, my tablet is running version 3.4.6.363 which is the latest in the store, and it has the empty quality dropdown box. I figured it might be related, but if you think it's a separate issue I can post this separately. I can still choose to create the job, but the job never shows up in the app or server sync jobs queue.

I can create the sync job on the server side, but it is perpetually stuck. And both the server and device with the app have only ever been on the local network, in the numerous times I've tested the issue.

EDIT: yes, I saw your post, but wanted to address Trevor first.

Can you give an example of where the quality dropdown is empty?  for example, is it a video, or a folder, or album, etc? Thanks.

Trevor68

That's me out for testing until I get home again on thursday, but the Surface Pro did not sync for 24 hours before I left. Re the empty quality box, only my laptop has that issue, the surface pro is fine, though both do not sync.

On thursday I will update all apps and get back to some more testing.

Trevor68

Can you give an example of where the quality dropdown is empty?  for example, is it a video, or a folder, or album, etc? Thanks.

Its in this app when you setup a sync job there is a dropdown to choose low,high,original etc. On my laptop it is always MT, there is nothing to choose, works fine on my surface and tablet.

Update; maybe misunderstood, I am trying to sync movies and tv episodes.

Edited by Trevor68