Roku Media Center Menu not working

kuebs

Hello all,

This is a weird problem.   I have two Roku 3s, one on LAN and one in WiFi.   Suddenly I can no longer get the opening ROKU channel view where I see my Emby server, folders, folder artwork, content, last added all the other nice cool features of Roku for Emby.

This Roku channel was why I chose Roku over Amazon Fire or other alternatives. 

I have reset my Router, Server, WiFi router.   I have tried an older version of the Roku Emby plugin.   I have tried the beta version of the Roku Channel.   I still connect just fine to the server and can use the search function to find specific titles.  But I no longer see the really nice browsing menu.  

This has just started a few days ago.   I am running a stable version of Emby for WMC and my Windows 8 is patched and up to date.

This is affecting my family life as my daughter and wife can no longer find their favorites and browse through our videos and movies.

Is anyone else experiencing this?   Does anyone know what happened?

A grey screen which says retrieving and then it goes back to the main Roku menu.  

This happens on two different Rokus.

This may be fortuitous timing, in that I was considering buying a Roku 4, but if the interface is failing I may get an amazon fire TV instead.

Are there any logs I could pull which would be relevant to troubleshooting this?

It could be the registry in the roku for that app has gone wacky. Did you try to "logout" and log back in? It may be stuck.

https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=EmbyBlueNeon

Does this app do the same thing? The themed app uses a different developer id so has its own seperate registry settings.

If yes, still no worky, please do as luke has instructed. Something somewhere is wacky. Logs would point out the offending something.

If no, and now it works. Its the registry for the official app. You need to delete it, so it clears the registry keys completely for the app. Then add it back again and redownload.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

delete the channel on the Roku?  Or delete the Roku plugin on the server?

I did factory reset one of the Rokus today and reinstalled Emby, and Emby Beta.  Both do not work.  Same problem. 

I did enable developer mode, but I cannot connect to the Roku.   I apologize for my ineptness.

I did add the channel Blue Neon, which is very cool, by the way.  

With that, I am able to connect, though I don't see the nice menu, with the folders and the cover art.  I can only search the server and if I know the name of something I can find it.  But I cannot navigate the folders and content.

What else can I try?

Try using the web client.  What do you see on the home page there?

It kind of sounds like somehow your whole library setup has gotten off...

Do you mean the Roku Web Client?  Or the Emby web client?    If you mean the Roku web client, I am not aware of it and don't know how to access it.

If you mean the Emby web client, I can see my library just fine with the web client.  

But if there is a way to rebuild the full web client library, please tell me and I will do that?

One other interesting point.   When I check the status of the main Emby server screen it shows the devices that have hit/accessed it most recently.

It show my device now as a Chromecast that hit it.   I am not using chrome, and I don't have a streaming stick or android device.   Could this be from the Blue Neon client?  Or is this a bigger problem?

Edited by kuebs

Does anyone know what is meant by the web client?   Does he mean the EMBY web client?  or is there a Roku web client of which I am not aware?

Web client for Emby works fine.  And works from my iPHone also.

When I use the blue neon channel I connect, but I never see the folders, or the browsing menu options.

All I see is the search and preferences page and server configuration.  

Is there a way to re-build the index or rebuild the folder library for the roku?

Should I try removing all of my Emby media folders and recreating them?   Or is there another way?   Perhaps deleting a cache file to cause a new rebuild?

Edited by kuebs

Kind of sounds like no user views are being delivered to the client.

Are you testing on the web client with the same user as the one on the Roku?

Are there any parental, device or access controls configured on the server?

I am using the same user account.   There actually is only one user account.

There are no parental controls.   I just checked.  And the account has full access to all folders and channels.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be user views being delivered.

No malware that I know of.  I have Malware Bytes doing a scan each night and Microsoft Defender on the box.

It was just patched and updated.

I did try making two new user accounts and seeing if the Rokus would get the user menus.  But they also get the same interface.   With just Search, Preferences, Sign Out, Server.   But no browsing menu/interface.  One of the accounts had a limited set of folders.    Neither got to the user views.

What should I try next?

Edited by kuebs

Post a server log from when you brought up the Roku interface.

Luke also asked for a log from the app and gave instructions earlier.

i cannot figure out how to get a log off of the Rokus.   That is too complex and not straight forward by any stretch.  I did enable debugging mode on the Roku, but was unable to access the Roku via puTTy or Web based.

I can get logs from the Emby Server.   I just need to find the post on pulling logs.

I have attached two logs, which were created after restarting the server and using the Roku to search and find a show and play it.   I still did not get the browsing interface. 

roku-logs-Emby-10-20-15.zip

Edited by kuebs

Looks like an access control problem on your network.

The system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication request. Please try again later.