Recorded TV Issue

bmoses
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

btgerold

Every thing seems to be working fine today, but i have had intermittent problems with this over the last couple of months...  It never seemed to happen to newer recordings...  Only older ones that I had moved to a network drive

Edited by btgerold

If you use the built-in Emby TV, try the option to convert recordings on the fly to streaming friendly formats. Or check out the Folder Sync feature to convert pre-existing recordings:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Folder%20Sync

wtv is the single most difficult format for video software to work with. ffmpeg always seems to have a hard time with it, so converting will make your life easier.

bmoses

If you use the built-in Emby TV, try the option to convert recordings on the fly to streaming friendly formats. Or check out the Folder Sync feature to convert pre-existing recordings:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Folder%20Sync

wtv is the single most difficult format for video software to work with. ffmpeg always seems to have a hard time with it, so converting will make your life easier.

unfortunately i can't use the built-in emby TV :( i have an older HDHomerun tuner that is not supported. 

is there a way to user folder sync or some other way to convert WTV files yet still maintain use of the built in recorded TV section of emby where it puts recorded episodes from the same shows all together? adding recorded tv shows as a separate library just presents a huge list of all of the recorded shows and its not very user friendly to navigate. i really like how the recorded TV section works and would like to maintain that functionality.

on a side note, any thoughts as to why it worked fine on my phone when it showed that it was also transcoding in the server dashboard?

btgerold

I'm in the same boat as bmoses with my setup...  Old tuner that last I checked was not supported by the built in Emby TV.

@@bmoses have you tried other files? to verify if it's just the one, or all of them...

bmoses

I'm in the same boat as bmoses with my setup...  Old tuner that last I checked was not supported by the built in Emby TV.

@@bmoses have you tried other files? to verify if it's just the one, or all of them...

i haven't tried all of my current WTV files, but enough to say that its affecting all of them.

bmoses

unfortunately i can't use the built-in emby TV :( i have an older HDHomerun tuner that is not supported. 

is there a way to user folder sync or some other way to convert WTV files yet still maintain use of the built in recorded TV section of emby where it puts recorded episodes from the same shows all together? adding recorded tv shows as a separate library just presents a huge list of all of the recorded shows and its not very user friendly to navigate. i really like how the recorded TV section works and would like to maintain that functionality.

on a side note, any thoughts as to why it worked fine on my phone when it showed that it was also transcoding in the server dashboard?

is there anyway to transcode stuff and keep the built in recorded tv functions then?

Ok, i tested your sample file, and the issue is resolved for the next release of emby server.

bmoses

Ok, i tested your sample file, and the issue is resolved for the next release of emby server.

awesome! i'll check it out after the next update and let you know, thanks!