H Series TV's

CBers

MongooseMan

Latest version installed by IP, and working fine on UA50HU7000

TV software version: 1037 (I think, not sure where to find another number?)

Edited by MongooseMan

fluffykiwi

Installed via hub / ip since v0.580

Current v0.592.

UK

UE55HU8500

Firmware Version 1270

Would Prefer 1080p version if possible.

Current Issues

Undefined error within genre option

Spelling error within Show Larger Icons: across.

Love this app. :)

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Current Issues

Recent Apps Icon still old blue version. Green icon correct within app and in featured apps.

Try shutting down and powering back up.  That fixed the icon for others

fluffykiwi

Switch off and on changed icon in featured apps view, but not within recent apps bar where I'd pinned the app.

Update: simply had to delete pinned app from recent app bar, restart tv, then load Emby. Could then repin new icon within recent apps bar. :)

Thanks for the help.

Recent update to samsung tv firmware 1270 did make all these recent app icons huge and I wish there was a way to revert to older style.

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 1

shorty1483

Recent update to samsung tv firmware 1270 did make all these recent app icons huge and I wish there was a way to revert to older style.

No chance m8. But I also hate the new design... ;)

• Like 1

UN50H5203 Canada Firmware 1125  Cannot use IP method. 

Sideload of the app works once until the TV is powered off.  Need to replug the USB for the app to be seen again.

Edited by mitelman

fluffykiwi

Subtitles seem alright, although I have very few to test.

Dawn of the planet of the apes 3d version definitely working for ape bits. I'll grab some more subtitles for films and test more.

Edit Subtitles seem fine here.

Edited by fluffykiwi

gogreenpower

UA60H7000, FW:2141, Australia

0.593b installed from the internet and player/subtitles work as expected.

Keep up the good work.

Green.

• Like 2

rblackhaw

UN60H6350, FW 2138, US

0.590 installed from IP.

Anytime I have installed this app, I have to unplug TV for a few seconds before it will load but works fine after.

When I get a chance I'll try to install beta.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I don't think anyone who was having problems installing the app from IP has responded yet.  Not sure they are still having the issue, but I can go back and find their posts if needed. 

Installed and working on UE40H5500

The only issue is that I have to enable AAC transcoding to Dolby Digital or media with AAC audio doesn't play at all

Same goes for version 0.590 stable

Xzener

Not working on my UN40H5203AF​. The app installs, but when launched, I get the Embry loading screen for a minute or so... Then nothing, goes back to previously channel watched.

Xzener

Brilliant work @@cmcg, the app is loading now. Although playback is a bit jerky. My collection consists of DVDs and Blurays converted to MKV. Are these directly playing? I'd probably have better results on a wired network.

Since the TV can not access a Windows share the server creates a stream, which is the next best thing. The file is still sent to the TV in its current format as long as the TV supports is, otherwise it is transcoded. Hence you only ever see either Direct Streaming or Transcoding but never Direct Playing.

I'd recommend wired Ethernet. All apps, not just Emby, are improved for me by wired networking. Your milage may vary of course.

socalredneck

Sorry, I haven't checked back for a while.  I have two tv's in the US that won't load via IP, and only load via USB, they are:

UN32H5203AFXZA - f/w 1125

UN50H6201AFXZA - f/w 1126

FrostByte

Sorry, I haven't checked back for a while.  I have two tv's in the US that won't load via IP, and only load via USB, they are:

UN32H5203AFXZA - f/w 1125

UN50H6201AFXZA - f/w 1126

Is that still true with the latest beta 593m?

FrostByte

Yes, I believe he said in the other thread that it stopped installing after a firmware update from Samsung and that it would remove the old version and never finish the install process for the new version.  Just sort of hoping since you made some minor fixes for H users recently that something in the SDK was fixed on Samsung's side