H Series TV's

CBers

socalredneck

Sorry, but I actually haven't been using the app lately. The USB method works, but having to pull it & replace it every time I turn on the tv's isn't a good solution. I've gone to Roku's for my tv's.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Blueeyiz702

Im getting ready to buy either a 40 0r 48 in Samsung TV,do the current selection of samsung smart tv's support this app? and in USA,does anybody know where to get best price one,thanks.

FrostByte

The current line-up of 2015 Samsung tvs and BD/HTS devices are almost all running the newer Tizen operating system and this app will not install or run on Tizen at this time.  The 2015 models are indicated by the J in the model number. 

At this time the Emby app only runs on the SmartTV operating system.  There is one user in this forum who has a 2015 European J6203 model TV which is still using the older SmartTV operating system and reports the app working fine (with a few oddities, but still working)  If you want a 2015 and still run this app from the TV then you will need to read the description of the TV you are looking to purchase and make sure it says SmartTV.  If instead it says Tizen, then unfortunately you won't be able to run the app from within the TV's hub

There is another option.  You could get a new J series Samsung TV running Tizen and then buy a H series BD player or Home Theater System with SmartTV to go along with it.  Then just switch over to your BD/HTS and run the app from the hub there

Unfortunately, until someone with a Tizen device who is willing to port the code over to the new operating system comes then your options are sort of limited

• Like 1

Blueeyiz702

The current line-up of 2015 Samsung tvs and BD/HTS devices are almost all running the newer Tizen operating system and this app will not install or run on Tizen at this time.  The 2015 models are indicated by the J in the model number. 

At this time the Emby app only runs on the SmartTV operating system.  There is one user in this forum who has a 2015 European J6203 model TV which is still using the older SmartTV operating system and reports the app working fine (with a few oddities, but still working)  If you want a 2015 and still run this app from the TV then you will need to read the description of the TV you are looking to purchase and make sure it says SmartTV.  If instead it says Tizen, then unfortunately you won't be able to run the app from within the TV's hub

There is another option.  You could get a new J series Samsung TV running Tizen and then buy a H series BD player or Home Theater System with SmartTV to go along with it.  Then just switch over to your BD/HTS and run the app from the hub there

Unfortunately, until someone with a Tizen device who is willing to port the code over to the new operating system comes then your options are sort of limited

Thanks for the info,i noticed on there site all the tv's have Tizen on them,guess its off to walmart.seems most of samsungs they sell are smart tv labeled,and not tizen. ill just stick to searching for tv's with H model.

Edited by blueeyiz7021

ill just stick to searching for tv's with H model.

Sounds like a good plan. 40-48" though? Go big my friend!

• Like 2

FrostByte

Ya, with the $$ you save getting last year's model you could get a larger TV now :)  Most of the higher end H series TVs can use the 2015 Evolution Kit also, so when/if the Emby app is ported over to Tizen you can run that version if you want after buying the evo kit

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Yes, but only certain models.  There is a list of models posted somewhere

Edit: All upper level H models.   They announced there will be no more evo kits for us unfortunately

Edited by FrostByte

Blueeyiz702

Sounds like a good plan. 40-48" though? Go big my friend!

Any suggestions cmcg on a model number and size to use?

Guest burcs

Not working on my UN40H5203AF​. The app installs, but when launched, I get the Embry loading screen for a minute or so... Then nothing, goes back to previously channel watched.

UN40H5203AFXZA

Have the same TV, same issue. I think it's just a slow TV and it's still downloading/installing when that happens. I just kept trying to launch the app and the third try was successful. Haven't updated firmware in a while, still on 1125.

Subtitles work fine. Only issue I've seen so far is Favorite TV disappeared from Favorites menu. Re-added them and will post if they disappear again.

FrostByte

I noticed this today on my F series tv with the H series evolution kit.  It took me 3 times to finally get in.  My F series home theater system fired right up

CBers

I noticed this today on my F series tv with the H series evolution kit. It took me 3 times to finally get in. My F series home theater system fired right up

Box up the Evolution Kit and send it back for a refund ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Blueeyiz702

is there a certain one of the apps that you should use to install Emby on TV or is it just trial and error? this is model UN40H5203AFXZA,thanks

Edited by blueeyiz7021

CBers

is there a certain one of the apps that you should use to install Emby on TV or is it just trial and error? this is model UN40H5203AFXZA,thanks

There is only one app, but two versions of it, a Stable version and a Beta version.

Try the Stable version and if all is OK, then stick with it.

If something is not quite right, you could give the Beta version a go.

There is only one app, but two versions of it, a Stable version and a Beta version.

Try the Stable version and if all is OK, then stick with it.

If something is not quite right, you could give the Beta version a go.

Actually, we're pretty far through the current beta cycle and the current beta is quite stable and close to release. The only issues we're still chasing are the same in the stable release in any case. I go for the beta.

AgileHumor

Is this working for the H series TV's?   My neighbor bought a new UN60JU6500 and I haven't found out how to get it installed.   My F series work great.

Update - Just discovered it had Tizen OS which I guess is a no-go :( 

Edited by AgileHumor

Actually, the clue was in the name. We do support H-Series but your neighbour's TV is J-Series and as you correctly say, runs a different OS.

U = (Not sure, I expect someone here knows).

N = North America

60 = Screen size

J = Model series

U = Ultra HD

6500 = Model number

Sorry that we don't have a Tizen app for you just yet.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

For those in Canada can you please check the app store on your Samsung TV and let us know if the Emby app is available now? Thanks !