Debian 7 "There was an error playing the video."

Sirus434

Sirus434

Hi guys,

I'm somewhat new to emby but have been using it for around a month now without any problems whatsoever, it's a wonderful media server, I watch movies/tv shows quite regularly via the web browser app, the desktop app and the android mobile app and have never had a problem until now.

My problem is that whenever I attempt to play any file, tv or movie, mp4/mkv/avi or xvid/divx/x264, via the web browser (Latest Firefox/Chrome and even IE) I receive the error "There was an error playing the video." even though it's a file I know for an absolute fact works as I'd already watched it. The android app just hangs... but the unusual thing is, I'm able to watch anything I want via the Desktop app...

I get this error on multiple PC's in multiple locations, on all accounts and pretty much every browser I've tried, I myself have updated nothing on my PC nor the Debian server itself, literally nothing has changed and I suddenly receive this error despite the fact I watched a bunch of movies the day previously.

I've attached both the server and transcoding emby logs. Everything else about it works, except I can't play any videos on anything besides the desktop app on my PC (win7 ultimate i5 4670 16gb ram)

All movies attempted to be played are 720p

All tv shows attempted to be played are 480p/720p

Mixture of XviD/x264 (8bit)

Server Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8 cores

RAM: 16GB (2x RAM 8192 MB DDR3)

VRAM: 16GB

HDD: 2x 3TB SATA Enterprise Drives

Connection: 1Gbps (I personally always receive 17Mb/s download and it can reach the full 1Gbps)

server-63576153895.txt

transcode-ff637b72-2314-4cde-a39e-09813d0b0362.txt

Edited by Sirus434

Sirus434

Thank you Luke that did the trick! I updated my ffmpeg, restarted emby and now everything is playing fine again ^^

• Like 1