It's been a while. I was readying through the competitor forum recently and I noticed there were a post in which people where seeking users to share libraries with. Then this idea came to mind. What if you gents were to implement user groups. A group is create and assign an Emby account ( automatically). Each member who joins the group become a part of a bigger network. Here's the use case:
1. User A creates a group
2. User A can selects an option to either allow interested user to send a request for approval or auto enroll.
3. User A assigns which library he/she wants to share with join users
4. User B joins the group
5. User B upon approval is prompt to assign which library he/she wants to share with the group (No none option - got to contribute lol)
6. When user A and B login to emby.media with their emby connect account they would now be presented with two servers. Their personal and the shared library with the group name.
7. Emby would automatically scan both user library for media type. Media types can be: Movies, TV shows, Photos, Music etc..
8. Emby would automatically set any matched media content as one media with multiple quality. For example: If both users have "Batman begins", emby would present one artwork for batman begins but when selected for playback it would prompt the user to select with one to play. The one from user A or user B and also the quality.
5. User C decides to join to the group. The same process is repeated
This would be a great feature for users such as myself whom are interested in discovering new movies, tv shows, music, arts (photos), etc...
I love foreign movies but I don't know too many people who are not from here (U.S.) so how would I ever find a nice British movie to watch on my spare time. With this feature I would. It would, with no doubt in my mind, make Emby much more powerful than any other services available (Hulu, Netflix, et...)