FR - Web Client & All Apps - Lyrics for Music

thefirstofthe300

• 3 weeks later...
OlivetIsa

It’s a shame that lyrics are still not available in Emby …  Let’s hope the dev team can do something about it in 2022.

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

For those with tracks with embedded lyrics, can you PM me some sample files for testing? Thanks !

1 flac and 1 mp3 sent

• Thanks 1

chacawaca

And please read this tag if you can.

Synchronised lyric :  LYRICS; SYNCEDLYRICS;

Static lyric : UNSYNCEDLYRICS; UNSYNCED LYRICS

chacawaca

foobar2000 let you download both. Seem to be common, since not all app support syncedlyrics. Personnaly i keep unsynced lyrics in a tag, and synced lyric in a .lrc file.

• Like 1

MBSki

@Luke Is there any chance functionality could be added to automatically download synced lyrics? I thought I already had them embedded in my files, but that doesn't seem to be the case so now I've got to find them somewhere. Having them auto download in Emby would make it much easier.

5 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

@Luke Is there any chance functionality could be added to automatically download synced lyrics? I thought I already had them embedded in my files, but that doesn't seem to be the case so now I've got to find them somewhere. Having them auto download in Emby would make it much easier.

Sure, just need to find a legally available source.

MBSki
Just now, Luke said:

Sure, just need to find a legally available source.

Awesome! This is all new to me so hopefully someone else has a good option. 😁

arrbee99

So now the neighbours will be treated to my singing. I hope you realise what you've started...

• Haha 7

Sarakha63
On 1/15/2022 at 8:16 PM, Luke said:

Sure if it's a popular format.

Its the most used format..

Among my 35000 tracks more than half of them have lrc files in a lyric folder in the album.

And the rest is non synchronised lyrics in txt files

Embedded lyrics is probably the less common 

Sarakha63
On 1/18/2022 at 5:11 AM, Luke said:

Support for embedded lyrics, as well as .lrc and .txt files will be coming in Emby Server 4.7:

Untitled.png

Will the clients be soon updated with that ?

Im thinking about Android TV for example

MBSki
1 hour ago, Sarakha63 said:

Its the most used format..

Among my 35000 tracks more than half of them have lrc files in a lyric folder in the album.

Where do you get the lrc files? 

Sarakha63
4 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

here is an extract of a personnal script i made not shareable as it is hardcoded for my usecase (would need some rewrite to be shareable)

parsers = [{'name': 'minilyrics','function' :minilyrics.LyricsFetcher(), 'type':'lrc' ,'active':True },
            {'name':'ttplayer','function' :ttplayer.LyricsFetcher(), 'type':'lrc' ,'active':True},
            {'name':'gomaudio','function' :gomaudio.LyricsFetcher(), 'type':'lrc' ,'active':True},
            {'name':'music163','function' :music163.LyricsFetcher(), 'type':'lrc' ,'active':True},
            {'name':'lyricwiki','function' :lyricwiki.LyricsFetcher(), 'type':'txt' ,'active':True},
            {'name':'genius','function' :genius.LyricsFetcher(), 'type':'txt' ,'active':True},
            {'name':'lyricsmode','function' :lyricsmode.LyricsFetcher(), 'type':'txt' ,'active':True},
            {'name':'azllyrics','function' :azllyrics.LyricsFetcher(), 'type':'txt' ,'active':True},
            {'name':'lyricscom','function' :lyricscom.LyricsFetcher(), 'type':'txt' ,'active':True},
            {'name':'darklyrics','function' :darklyrics.LyricsFetcher(), 'type':'txt' ,'active':True}
        ]

those defines all the parser i use and typed if they provide lrc or not.
Some of them don't work. But all i got came from one of those for sure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spaceboy
5 hours ago, mbarylski said:

also install foobar2000 and the OpenLyrics plugin. worked really well

• Thanks 1

stefan1983
9 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

But only the Windows version right!? Lyrics don‘t work on the macOS / iOS version (yet) right?

MBSki
1 hour ago, Spaceboy said:

Ok, I got foobar2000 installed with OpenLyrics and downloaded a few lrc's. One question, how did you customize the save path so it would save the lrc's next to the music files?