FR - Web Client & All Apps - Lyrics for Music

thefirstofthe300

chacawaca

Go in foobar option, you will see Openlyric, expend it and you have a sub option, (im not sur of the exact tab, not at home) you can set  it to save to tag, save with original file, save to custom path.

• Thanks 1

MBSki
34 minutes ago, chacawaca said:

Go in foobar option, you will see Openlyric, expend it and you have a sub option, (im not sur of the exact tab, not at home) you can set  it to save to tag, save with original file, save to custom path.

Thanks! Don't know how I missed that. 🙂

Spaceboy
4 hours ago, stefan1983 said:

But only the Windows version right!? Lyrics don‘t work on the macOS / iOS version (yet) right?

i'm using windows foobar yep

Spaceboy
3 hours ago, mbarylski said:

Ok, I got foobar2000 installed with OpenLyrics and downloaded a few lrc's. One question, how did you customize the save path so it would save the lrc's next to the music files?

image.png.ce11b504264e54dea30d0f1bd31abca6.png

MBSki
27 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

image.png.ce11b504264e54dea30d0f1bd31abca6.png

Yep, thanks! Works great. Doesn't find every song of course, but it's finding quite a few. Do you get the missing ones from anywhere else?

12 hours ago, Sarakha63 said:

Will the clients be soon updated with that ?

Im thinking about Android TV for example

And if you've got timed lyrics, you'll be able to click the lines:

Untitled.png

• Like 1

Sarakha63
1 hour ago, Luke said:

And if you've got timed lyrics, you'll be able to click the lines:

Untitled.png

Great !

But will the client app such as Android TV will follow soon 

28 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

...click on the lines and do what with them ?

Go directly to that part of the song - like a chapter.

51 minutes ago, Sarakha63 said:

But will the client app such as Android TV

The feature will come to that platform, yes.

MBSki

@Luke it looks like OpenLyrics is a good and reputable option to get lyrics. Can you add a function to automatically download lyrics from OpenLyrics?

1 hour ago, mbarylski said:

@Luke it looks like OpenLyrics is a good and reputable option to get lyrics. Can you add a function to automatically download lyrics from OpenLyrics?

Are they still active? look at the dates on their website https://docs.openlyrics.org/

Happy2Play

LyricFirnder appears to a good option to write txt files.

Tested a little with mp3tag but a slow process as you have to do tracks one by one embedding lyrics.

[WS] Genius (Lyrics) - Development / Web Sources Scripts - Mp3tag Community

Haven't looks at these yet.

[WS] Import lyrics from websites - Development / Web Sources Scripts - Mp3tag Community

@Lukethese lyric files will have to be with media, correct?

11 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

LyricFirnder appears to a good option to write txt files.

Tested a little with mp3tag but a slow process as you have to do tracks one by one embedding lyrics.

[WS] Genius (Lyrics) - Development / Web Sources Scripts - Mp3tag Community

Haven't looks at these yet.

[WS] Import lyrics from websites - Development / Web Sources Scripts - Mp3tag Community

@Lukethese lyric files will have to be with media, correct?

These are scripts that scrape the web for the information.  End users can use at their own discretion but we cannot integrate that kind of thing into Emby.

MBSki
4 hours ago, ebr said:

These are scripts that scrape the web for the information.  End users can use at their own discretion but we cannot integrate that kind of thing into Emby.

OpenLyrics will work right?

35 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

OpenLyrics will work right?

All I see there is a specification for a file format.  I don't see any sort of repository of lyrics.  Songs (and their lyrics) are copyrighted material pretty much all the time.  Not sure how we could distribute them commercially.

MBSki
12 minutes ago, ebr said:

All I see there is a specification for a file format.  I don't see any sort of repository of lyrics.  Songs (and their lyrics) are copyrighted material pretty much all the time.  Not sure how we could distribute them commercially.

Ok, so I think I understand this now. OpenLyrics is a foobar made plug-in. The plug-in (foobar2000: Components Repository - OpenLyrics) calls multiple free sources to pull in lyrics. Just browsing their release notes the sources I see are: QQMusic, NetEase, and DarkLyrics. From the DarkLyrics site (Dark Lyrics - metal lyrics archive) I also see AZLyrics (AZLyrics - Song Lyrics from A to Z).

It seems DarkLyrics and AZLyrics might be the best bet. I don't know anything about these and haven't reached out to them, but it appears those would be the sources to connect to. It appears that multiple audio players like foobar have written their own plug-ins to pull from those or similar sources. Or, maybe you can just reach out to foobar devs and they'll give you their code. 😅

chacawaca

@mbarylski

I dont think you will find a real legit free way to get this for an app like emby. 

exemple for Dark lyrics, emby cant use that :

Copyright © 2001-2019- DarkLyrics.com --- All lyrics are the property and copyright of their respective owners.
All lyrics provided for educational purposes and personal use only. Please read the disclaimer.

MBSki
11 minutes ago, chacawaca said:

@mbarylski

I dont think you will find a real legit free way to get this for an app like emby. 

exemple for Dark lyrics, emby cant use that :

Copyright © 2001-2019- DarkLyrics.com --- All lyrics are the property and copyright of their respective owners.
All lyrics provided for educational purposes and personal use only. Please read the disclaimer.

Well that's interesting. Wonder how foobar is doing it then. Oh well. I guess we can just download the lrc's using foobar. 

@Luke Do you have lrc support added in the private beta? 

Spaceboy
On 19/01/2022 at 20:15, mbarylski said:

Yep, thanks! Works great. Doesn't find every song of course, but it's finding quite a few. Do you get the missing ones from anywhere else?

i had more frequent success with the other tool i linked to, mediahuman lyrics finder. they are not synced lyrics but better than nothing

MBSki
18 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

i had more frequent success with the other tool i linked to, mediahuman lyrics finder. they are not synced lyrics but better than nothing

Cool, I'll check it out. And you can auto download the lyrics files?