Wizard install not progressing

iearmand

iearmand

Hi Folks. I've searched around the forums and can't find anything similar so hoping someone can help or direct me approritaly.

I'm installing Enby on a Mac Mini (2014). Install has gone ok and the wizard started as expected.

The issue arises at the  Configure Settings\metadata page (see page below).When I select "Next", nothing happens. Or rather an icon seem to flash (very quickly) but the Wizard does not progress any further.

I have tried a reinstall. No change and Previous setting remain in place. I have also tried using both Safari and Chrome. Still no luck.

I did notice that on the installation page that the Configure Settings pagfe come before the "Add Media Libraries", but in my setup is seems to be the other way around. this may be nothing but I'm not sure.

I would post them, but I can't find the logs.

Anyway hope someone can help.

thanks in advance.

5583eb4ab5d4c_Capture.png

iearmand

Cheers Luke. That worked a treat.

Step by Step:

1. Open the Terminal
  2. type "sudo nano /etc/host" (minus quotes)
  3. add the following text minus quotes "127.0.0.1 Mac-mini" 
    NOTE: This is the host name of amy Mac Mini which was got from the logs
  4. press ctrl+X then Y then return (to save added text)

thebennies

my previous server work like charm.

but it broke after last update.

been trying to add entry in my hosts file, but still no luck for me guys.

127.0.0.1 mycomputername.local

127.0.0.1 mycomputername

stuck in the very first page "Preferred display language:"

found this on my log file:

2015-06-21 21:07:53.5212 Warn - SessionWebSocketListener: Unable to determine session based on url: /?api_key=3e8fdb1416bc41b480086908b5d574ff&deviceId=99b24896e34b78685543df25537fff78179b0830
2015-06-21 21:07:53.5540 Error - HttpAsyncTaskHandler: Error occured while Processing Request: Access token is invalid or expired.
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5641.4
Command line: /Applications/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MacOS/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac
Operating system: Unix 14.3.0.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: False
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: /Users/thebennies/.config/emby-server
Mono: 3.12.1 ((detached/0849ec7)
Application Path: /Applications/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MonoBundle/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac.exe
Access token is invalid or expired.

btw luke, my hosts file is located on /etc/hosts 

so it's "sudo nano /etc/hosts" not "sudo nano /etc/host"

http://emby.media/downloads/mac-server/

my previous server work like charm.

but it broke after last update.

been trying to add entry in my hosts file, but still no luck for me guys.

127.0.0.1 mycomputername.local

127.0.0.1 mycomputername

stuck in the very first page "Preferred display language:"

found this on my log file:

2015-06-21 21:07:53.5212 Warn - SessionWebSocketListener: Unable to determine session based on url: /?api_key=3e8fdb1416bc41b480086908b5d574ff&deviceId=99b24896e34b78685543df25537fff78179b0830
2015-06-21 21:07:53.5540 Error - HttpAsyncTaskHandler: Error occured while Processing Request: Access token is invalid or expired.
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5641.4
Command line: /Applications/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MacOS/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac
Operating system: Unix 14.3.0.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: False
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: /Users/thebennies/.config/emby-server
Mono: 3.12.1 ((detached/0849ec7)
Application Path: /Applications/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MonoBundle/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac.exe
Access token is invalid or expired.

btw luke, my hosts file is located on /etc/hosts 

so it's "sudo nano /etc/hosts" not "sudo nano /etc/host"

http://emby.media/downloads/mac-server/

it's resolved for the next release. try clearing your browsing data in the meantime.

thebennies

chrome: failed.

chrome with empty cache: failed.

firefox: failed.

safari: failed.

chrome (incognito): success.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same symptom (stuck on that webpage) but I installed Emby inside a FreeBSD jail. I got the emby server to work just a week ago, and did just about everything the exact same except I installed the jail on a ZFS dataset instead of a volume, a minor difference I'm not sure is related.

However, the installation was different from the first time in that I did not have to go through the blue background installation menus (passed install command with ALWAYS_YES)

I tried adding host definitions as recommended above ( IPaddr    localhost nas4free.local ) as well, but it had no effect. Any ideas? Thanks, I'll start from scratch in the meantime.

Edited by Emeds

I'm puttying into the jail env, which reminds me I removed my old list of users - might be some permissions and command shell compliance issue. The current user I'm doing this from has root and wheel permissions, BUT, for instance, after installation I cannot do the steps to update FFmpeg on the website because "read only" permissions in the ports folder.

Are you in the right section of the forum? for OSX there are no ffmpeg-related steps required.