Emby Gaming Club

CBers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
mediacowboy

Okay, I am not a hard core gamer so I haven't posted in here but I am wondering if any of you guys have an iPhone running iOS 9.1 and know of a working emulator that doesn't require jail-braking.

• 4 months later...
shaefurr

Not yet, my backlog is like 50 games long so I'm trying to refrain from buying any new releases for a while. Looks really good though.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

xnappo

Actually I love how games have gotten so good, and there are so many to play that they are only $20 by the time I need a new one :)

• 4 weeks later...
xnappo

Anyone else pre-order Occulus?  I did, but gotta say I am thinking about cancelling...

shaefurr

I thought about it, either the Oculus or Vive.. but that purchase would also require a better GPU. I'd rather not spend $1000 to try VR. Heck I don't even game at 4k yet. I mean it sounds fun and all, just don't know if its worth that much investment for me at this point, i'll probably wait a year or so and see how it does first.

shaefurr

The Doom open beta is fun, regardless of the reviews saying it sucks. Anyone else playing it?

I mean I can agree you can't expect a game exactly like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament used to be, but its still fun regardless. I have to agree though with all the reviews, I wish they would have stuck with weapon pickups on the maps and not a weapon loadout. Half the fun of those older arena games was getting to one of the good guns on the map and dominating. Now in place of weapon pickups all you get is either the BFG/Gauss rifle or a demon rune, its similar in effect because you own with it, but its so much less common it just doesn't change the gameplay enough. Plus everyone can spawn with a rocket launcher or whatever so its just kinda lame. I dunno, if you keep an open mind and don't automatically expect it to be a modern clone of old arena games, I think you'll like it.

For your enjoyment, a Doom wallpaper :P or two..

5711621c59cc4_Doomwallpaper2.jpg

571168b094256_doomwallpaper4.jpg

Edited by shaefurr

• 3 weeks later...
shaefurr

My son has been working hard at developing his zombie shooter game Gibz. It's coming soon to Steam Early Access.

looks cool, like a mix of castle crashers and dead pixels, added it to my insanely large wishlist.

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
thefirstofthe300

So how many of you out there have played the Metro Redux collection?  I just finished binging it and I have to say it was almost as good as watching a TV show.  Absolutely amazing storyline and the game play is quite compelling.

chef

Anyone here in Xbox 1 preview program who could possibly still have the ability to invite me?

Little late to the party...

BAS

Anyone here in Xbox 1 preview program who could possibly still have the ability to invite me?

I'll send you one today it sometimes takes a few days for Microsoft to message you that you have been invited to join. If you don't get a message from MS in 2 days let me know and I'll send another invite.

Edited by BAS
  • Like 1

chef

I'll send you one today it sometimes takes a few days for Microsoft to message you that you have been invited to join. If you don't get a message from MS in 2 days let me know and I'll send another invite.

Thank you very much BAS

CBers

What do you get in the preview programme?

And access to system updates and/or games?

BAS

What do you get in the preview programme?

And access to system updates and/or games?

Basically early OS updates to the XB1 to verify new features and test out before it hits the general public, there is also testing for games that are in alpha/beta stages.

• Like 2

thefirstofthe300

So I rolled right on through Bioshock Infinite in a matter of three days (what a marathon), got to the end, and my head exploded.  I have a feeling I will still be cleaning up brain matter for the next couple of days.  Holy fricking crap that game is amazing.

Now to roll through the original two Bioshock games.

I am just really getting into gaming seriously so what games would you guys say are must plays?  Based on my enjoyment of Half Life 2, Metro and Bioshock, I figure more games with extremely strong storylines would be great but I can't seem to find many.  Also, games with SteamOS support get brownie points.

shaefurr

Mass Effect trilogy is the best story game ever IMO. The first 2 are on Steam but the third you would have to get on Origin or something. Also the Tomb Raider reboot was great. Also Crysis, Dead Space trilogy, Battlefield Bad Company 2 all had decent stories.

I just finished Doom yesterday, not really a game for story, but its so fun just pulverizing hordes of demons.

Love this trailer for ME2, every time I watch it I want to play the series again.

[Youtube]

[/Youtube] Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 2

mediacowboy

Looking for a recommendation on games similar to Civilization V.