How do I update Channel Guide from XLTV file on a schedule?

rikiwi

@@sub3, it works - all the way thru to EMBY :) :) :). Now I just need to set up a bat file to run the EPGCollector update before NextPVR runs its own. As it takes EPGCollector around 20min to complete its update, will NPVR wait until it is finished before running its own? Do I need to add any special lines in the Bat file to enable the wait time?

Edited by jordy

Trevor68

I use pci tuners, and yes did all the above, looked great util the bit where i hit update epg and nextpvr just crashes instantly. Sorry, no logs, have deleted the lot now and gone back to ServerWMC. Thing is ServerWMC is fine, no need for xml whatsover.

If I used nextPVR OTA the guide was full of holes, hence the stuffing about trying to supplement it with XML.

@@Trevor68. If you are still looking for a bat file to run EPGCollector  and you are on Win10. This works...

rem - Run EPG Collector and specify location of ini file

cd C:\
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Geekzone\EPG Collector\"
EPGCollector.exe /ini="c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\EPG Collector.ini"

Don't forget to change the "username" and the path to the ini file if different.

I'm getting there :)

@@sub3, it works - all the way thru to EMBY :) :) :). Now I just need to set up a bat file to run the EPGCollector update before NextPVR runs its own. As it takes EPGCollector around 20min to complete its update, will NPVR wait until it is finished before running its own? Do I need to add any special lines in the Bat file to enable the wait time?

As I'm sure you've already found, NextPVR will run UpdateEPG.bat before doing it's epg processing. It waits for this to complete before proceeding.

I use pci tuners, and yes did all the above, looked great util the bit where i hit update epg and nextpvr just crashes instantly. Sorry, no logs, have deleted the lot now and gone back to ServerWMC. Thing is ServerWMC is fine, no need for xml whatsover.

If I used nextPVR OTA the guide was full of holes, hence the stuffing about trying to supplement it with XML.

No worries. If you feel like trying again some time, I'm happy to help you through it.

For the gaps when using the OTA guide, for your broadcaster we might have needed to bump up the time spent on each frequency. It's a pretty straight forward tweak in the settings file.