Can't change Channels on Tuner

rgatze

rgatze

I searched around and couldn't find anything on this issue, so hopefully I'm not repeating something.

I am running a i7 machine with WMC, MB3, ServerWMC, Hauppauge Colossus, and using ROKU3.

I just downloaded the new MB3 BETA, after dealing with the Norton Security issue, but still have this issue where when I try to change channels via my ROKU3, it reverts back to the home screen.

When I check the Servers, the previous channel is still streaming. I don't have logs right now, but can add them later. I was hoping, though that someone knows how to deal with this. If I reset the tuner via MB3 and WMCServer, it becomes available again. After this, I can then choose any available channel.

The log basically shows that the tuner is not available.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

krustyreturns

This sounds like the problem that @@Luke already addressed with the roku not closing streams.  Does this happen with the web client too?  Or just the roku?

rgatze

Hi Kristy,

Thanks for the reply. This seems to work fine on the web client. I restarted the servers, and attached the log which includes the web client session and then the roku session.

Thanks,

Bob

ServerWMC.log

rgatze

Sorry for the typo in the name.

I'm still hoping for help here, since it still doesn't work. Does it have anything to do with my not having the guide (since I haven't donated yet). I want to get this working so I can eventually use an antenna and tuner, but I need to make sure it works first.

Thanks for any help.

rgatze

Hi,

Thanks, but I still seem to have the same issue.

I'm not sure I added the channel correctly, so is it version 1.96? If not, I need to know the procedure on how to add this private channel.

The beta channel is up to 2.06 now. Just click the link on that page and you can add it from the roku website.

krustyreturns

Sorry I didn't respond earlier.  In the log you posted, emby didn't close the previous channel when you opened the new one.  Since you only have one tuner this caused the channel change to fail.  Since emby is a server it needs to explicitly close the channel it is using since swmc can't assume one tuner per client like it does with kodi.

rgatze

Hi,

No problem.

So version 2.06 does eventually close the stream, but it take quite a while. Hard to know when I can actually change the channel.

Please see the attached log.

Thanks for your help.

ServerWMC.log

rgatze

I realized my follow-on question is really a Roku/MB question, so I found a similar post under Roku and added a new post on this subject.