Resume function from Android App to Browser

sedvideo

sedvideo

I've been trying to get this to work now for a few weeks. Hate to compare to the "other" media server out there, Plex, but this resume function kinda has me scratching my head. It seems to me the way it should work, as it does on the other tool, is when say a video, be it TV, Movie, whatever, is started on the Android App or in a browser, the server should remember the spot where the video was stopped, then no matter how long it is later, I should be able to pick up right back at that same spot, aka, Resume, correct? In Emby, I start a video playing on Android, then it does indeed show up in the Resume category in the browser with the green bar indicating how much is left to view, I select Resume for playback, and without fail it goes back to the beginning of the video. 

I hate to sound like I'm complaining, because I truly find the convenience of either of these media server tools to be mind blowing, and Emby has some great stuff going for it over Plex, except this one thing has been bugging me, and as a supporting member of the community/tool, I'd really like to have this aspect functioning. I've attached an image of my Playback/Resume settings. Maybe I'm missing something completely obvious. If so, any thoughts? Thanks!

Brandon

post-9073-0-16352000-1429477853_thumb.png

if you're clicking resume in an app and it's not resuming, then it's a problem with the app and has nothing to do with those settings

sedvideo

playback started in the app on android, attempt resume playback in a browser plays from the beginning and not the resume point. thats the core issue. thoughts?

sedvideo

I know the link says how to get to log files on Windows, but I'm not quite able to get there. Anything more specific?

sedvideo

Ok, I think I found the correct server log file, and have attached it here.

Server version: Version 3.0.5582.4

Android App version: 2.2.25

And from above, here's a copied description of what happens, and what the issue is.

In Emby, I start a video playing on Android, then it does indeed show up in the Resume category in the browser with the green bar indicating how much is left to view, I select Resume for playback on a browser, and without fail it goes back to the beginning of the video. 

Happy to provide anything further. Thanks.

server-63565042833.txt