Playback - Synced or Local File

michael_sutherland

michael_sutherland

Hi All,

I am very new to the Emby scene and was hoping sombody could give me a little help.

i have set up a VPS with Emby and so far i am very very impressed. i have a few questions regarding syncing.

1. Can you specify that Emby only ever streams from your google drive and not stream the local file?

2. is there a way to free up space once it has been synced and delete the local file?

My VPS is only 50GB and i want to use Emby to manage my library but 50gb VPS doesn't store a lot. my media collection is about 950GB i was thinking that if i upload it to the vps bit by bit could i sync it to google drive and then  delete the content from my VPS?

and advice would be greatly appreciated

Sutherland

at this time you cannot yet force playback explicitly to google drive but you can accomplish it indirectly by disabling user access to other things like transcoding.

as for the second question, no, but it's on the radar

michael_sutherland

Thanks for the quik response. 

The first thing about disabling user transcoding is a very good idea. that pretty much does what i want

what you said about not being able to free up space? could i mount an FTP location to a folder on the VPS and have the VPS use that folder for the library?

michael_sutherland

ill give it a try and keep you posted. 

many thanks for your help and advice. 

Mike

• 1 month later...